Sponsored

F150, Ford, Rachael Maddow Dont get mad, give it a watch [Off-Topic / Political posts will be deleted - Administration]

How many who viewed this actually watched the video?

• Total voters

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Be political on here if you want, but claiming the
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help" Reagan BS is true is just wrong. He was the absolute worst governor for CA and an equally out of touch president. If you don't believe me, I challenge you to a drag race :devilish:. Enjoy your day and the public roads you are so fortunate to drive on every day.

OK no more politics from me. Apologies to the admin but I just had to say something.
Hey, no problem. Sometimes you just gotta let it out.
Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Haha
Reactions: Jdc

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you chickening out on the drag race challenge?
Oh no, that'll be fun. Just let me get someone to go my bail. :)

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is fantastically awesome!
Very well researched. Just a logical and fact based well put together argument.
I had no idea that Maddow owned 2 F-150s. Certainly does not fit the "stereotype". But everybody loves the F-150.

Can't wait for the reveal in 15 minutes. Keeping my wallet far away though, because I will be tempted to put down a $100 deposit.
Update: I put down a $100 Deposit.
Over 700 ft-lbs of torque at a price point that is only $2000 more than at the base bronco (if you include the tax credit).

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 10.05.23 PM.png

Sponsored

TransporterG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rachel is spot on--what wins with the F-150 wins America. No question. But she is looking in the wrong direction--as are most.

Again...y'all know what the supply chain professor is going to say: The issue is not enough trucks, it is a) the lithium, cobalt, raw materials and circular supply chain of the battery, and b) the rural charging infrastructure that are the key bottlenecks to adoption. What would be cool is to have event-driven charging in rural areas. I just came back to PHX from Rim Country up North where gas stations are roughly sparse. If It took 30 minutes to charge a vehicle, revenue opportunities could increase dramatically with non-local customers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Both wind and solar suffer at night and there is no battery system capable of storing daytime generated energy.
Pumped water storage batteries, its a thing, our rivers and dams are already halfway there. It works on large scale. Pump water up by day with excess energy and recoup it by night through turbine generators. Alot of dams in the US are multi dam systems. Just need the pumps on them, batteries not necessary.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not sure my Lighting is going to like being outside in the COLD . Its not going to fit in the garage 😩. The Bronco is going to feel like it’s special🤣
Wont got in my garage either, but most people where I live don’t have garages anyway. I’ll buy a fancy cover. I doubt my Bronco will fit either, oops!

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't disagree Jon, and as I said electric vehicles will be the way of the future. Tech will catch up, and the vehicles will get better and better as they go.

What will be interesting to see if the farmers, construction companies, etc. get on board with the Lightning. And, will they make good tow vehicles. I know they say it will tow 10K pounds, but for how long is the big question. I realize they have to start somewhere, but is an F-150 the best place?
Pretty sure Ford has spent years and countless $$$ on research. I trust they know what they are doing,

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pretty sure Ford has spent years and countless $$$ on research. I trust they know what they are doing,
Oh, you think Ford knows what they're doing? Everyone knows that some clown in their driveway knows more about what's good for a car than the manufacturer. that's why so many cars get lowered in driveways,

anchor3n1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK where on earth did you get that statistic? I live in CA and there are thousands of electric cars everywhere and the numbers are increasing daily. There are fast chargers that charge to 80% in 20 minutes, so I'm not quite sure where you are getting your info.
Oh, you live in CA so you must know what your talking about ... except what about the following links:

Here is one

Here is another

Another

Google search results

Need more statistics????
Sponsored