Sponsored

Factory bumper with a winch or something different???

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m thinking badlands bumper with a winch that doesn’t have the controller box mounted in front of the front camera.
That location for the trail cam makes you choose between getting sweet footage and being able to execute a self-recovery.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That location for the trail cam makes you choose between getting sweet footage and being able to execute a self-recovery.
They have put a lot of thought into this product... wonder if they considered this, you have to think so... time will tell

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have put a lot of thought into this product... wonder if they considered this, you have to think so... time will tell
Yeah I hope they didn't design the bumper to accept a winch while also blocking the camera...

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the looks of a winch sitting on top but those solenoid boxes on top of the Zeon’s and the Harbor Freight copy Badlands Apex block a lot of the radiator. I’ll be curious how the dealers mount those and if there’s a factory option for a remote solenoid pack.
This is on a YJ but you can see how much space that solenoid pack takes up. Also, it’s a Smittybuilt winch mount that puts it up high anyway.

71E479DE-EE52-4E10-9978-6CF02DB2A4E2.jpeg

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sure they designed the camera position for best function on standard equipped vehicles. They can’t account for the positions of every accessory a person may choose to put on their bronco as it would never end. Maybe they will have an adapter or some alternative option.

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah that's true. Ford put a lot of care and thought into Bronco so it would surprise me if they weren't aware of this potential issue and ended up making a compromise based on other things they have to consider.

We'll see if relocating the sensor in the bumper area is possible. Mount the winch low and keep the front cam clear.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would like a high mount hitch so I can swap the winch cradle between this and my hummer as needed.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since some are coming with a Steel Modular Bumper with a factory winch mount available, and they are showing them with winches installed, I'd hope they would have thought this out. My plans are to move my winch from my 4Runner over to the stock bumper. I'm not a huge fan of the exposed winch but I'll survive.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet they used a exposed winch because a winch hidden in the bumper would block the intercooler heat exchanger
Sounds like design fail. They had a vehicle with a wider engine bay than the competition and didn't use it to make the coolers wider and higher -- so skids and winches could be mounted tucked in below them?

Sponsored

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does removing the factory bumper void the warranty?

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Legally it doesn't unless it contributes to the issue you are trying to cover under warranty. From a practical standpoint, Ford can claim it did and deny your warranty claim and it would be up to the customer to challenge it via litigation.

In reality, different OEM's and individual dealers have varying tolerances for modifications and in the scheme of things it's extremely unlikely you'd get a claim denied for a bumper.

https://consumer.findlaw.com/consum...laws-and-the-magnuson-moss-warranty-act-.html

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They thought of it for the Raptor - I have a winch behind my bumper. Hopefully, they thought if it for our Broncos!

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might void the warranty on the bumper. They cant universally void a warranty though (at least in the US).
Sponsored