Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s right under the tow hooks of the modular bumper. Should be included on High package as well

The harness is capped off with an empty socket plug. You can use this empty plug to make your own pigtail harness

7CE767BE-5DF3-4959-98E5-FBB1A83720C2.jpeg
Incredible. Thanks!
Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s right under the tow hooks of the modular bumper. Should be included on High package as well

The harness is capped off with an empty socket plug. You can use this empty plug to make your own pigtail harness

7CE767BE-5DF3-4959-98E5-FBB1A83720C2.jpeg
I'm starting to do some homework on lighting options for the HD Modular bumper I've ordered with my BadSquatch, and found this thread... so, if I've got the Luxe package on my Bronco - this will be pre-wired for fog lights? is there a foglight switch that it's already wired to, or is it wired to the aux switches?

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s some feedback I can offer and if anyone can shed light on my questions it would be great.

I ordered and received my switch today and it took all of 3 minutes to swap it out. I also enabled all of the settings in FORscan according the spreadsheet. I don’t have lights yet (or connectors) so I can check it just yet. I’ll have connectors on Monday so perhaps I can check it next week.

In the mean time, can anyone confirm if the fog light symbol on the switch lights up when it’s functioning? It doesn’t appear like it should but other Fords I’ve had have this feature. Also, does anyone know if the symbol on the dash functions without a load from lights being installed? I didn’t get the symbol on the dash even after changing the IPS module.

Last question, the proper FORScan setting for the switch is “hardwired” correct? I don’t know what the “LIN” option refers to.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just finished reading through all 16 pages of this thread - and have to commend you guys for your ingenuity, curiosity and sleuthing! I LOVE the idea of being able to get a switch with front and rear fog lights so I don't have to run a rear light to my aux panel .. now, Forscan is a whole different beast I need to research ... I'm assuming I can use it with my MacBook Pro?

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here’s some feedback I can offer and if anyone can shed light on my questions it would be great.

I ordered and received my switch today and it took all of 3 minutes to swap it out. I also enabled all of the settings in FORscan according the spreadsheet. I don’t have lights yet (or connectors) so I can check it just yet. I’ll have connectors on Monday so perhaps I can check it next week.

In the mean time, can anyone confirm if the fog light symbol on the switch lights up when it’s functioning? It doesn’t appear like it should but other Fords I’ve had have this feature. Also, does anyone know if the symbol on the dash functions without a load from lights being installed? I didn’t get the symbol on the dash even after changing the IPS module.

Last question, the proper FORScan setting for the switch is “hardwired” correct? I don’t know what the “LIN” option refers to.

Alfie,
The fog light indicator is on your instrument panel and the images on the switch do NOT illuminate ,
Regards,
George

Sponsored

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just finished reading through all 16 pages of this thread - and have to commend you guys for your ingenuity, curiosity and sleuthing! I LOVE the idea of being able to get a switch with front and rear fog lights so I don't have to run a rear light to my aux panel .. now, Forscan is a whole different beast I need to research ... I'm assuming I can use it with my MacBook Pro?
I’m also a Mac guy but I don’t like compromising it to the Windows environment. I purchased a $179 HP open box laptop from Best Buy to dedicate to this truck and FORScan. When it’s not downloading the software or a cord driver I leave it in Airplane mode to reduce risks to the outside world.

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The proper setting is LIN. It's Local Interconnect Network and that's how every button on the headlight switch operates. No the button itself doesn't illuminate.

You should definitely see the telltale on the dash if you enabled that correctly in the IPC regardless of lights actually being installed. This will throw a silent code however as the BCM reads the load and will put a DTC in your system for an open/short in that circuit. This is fine and won't cause any harm it just doesn't see the lights so it won't send power. You can clear this once the lights are installed since it will continue to pop up until then when you hit the button.
Awesome, thank you! I need to change that setting back to LIN and hopefully I’ll see the symbol on the dash.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m also a Mac guy but I don’t like compromising it to the Windows environment. I purchased a $179 HP open box laptop from Best Buy to dedicate to this truck and FORScan. When it’s not downloading the software or a cord driver I leave it in Airplane mode to reduce risks to the outside world.
smart move... I think I may have an old Dell laptop somewhere around here that I was using for something else that didn't have Apple compatibility .. .I'll see if it still works .. no rush, .. since I still have no idea when my Bronco will be built

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
smart move... I think I may have an old Dell laptop somewhere around here that I was using for something else that didn't have Apple compatibility .. .I'll see if it still works .. no rush, .. since I still have no idea when my Bronco will be built

Heads up...go ahead and get your OBDII adapter on order if you haven't done so yet. I ordered mine and it has taken almost 2 weeks and just shipped. I'm going to practice on My F-150 and have been anxious to get started while waiting. smile

Sponsored

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heads up to those making this change, the switch needs to be set for LIN not hardwired. That wasn’t clear to me in the instructions and I set it for the wrong setting.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
assuming this would do the job? it's on sale too!
https://amzn.to/3nUnhWe
yes and a great price..... someone here said it was the preferred hardware as you don't have a toggle switch to deal with. Please take note of the led light , you may need to download the drivers .( pending the led color)

Last edited:

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I apologize for the original confusion. I went and checked some As-Builts and by default it was LIN from Base to First Edition so I never thought to include that as a needed change.
No apology necessary. That you for all the leg work you’ve done.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking to install the Baja Designs Foglight kit on my Bronco when it arrives. Trying not to take up three upfitter switches so my plan is to use one upfitter for the two smaller pods on each side and then using a factory fog light switch for the Amber fogs. Since my truck will have the modular bumper I know I’ll have to swap in the switch but was curious to feedback. Couldn’t I wire that switch directly to the battery with a fuse and use an inline relay to control it via a trigger from the fog light switch. I would just have to figure how to get the foglight switch power if it doesn’t from the factory harness. Thanks!
Best way to figure this is to go to an OEM Ford Parts supplier and start slumming through the parts list. There is a switch part, probably with a wiring harness to match, that will support all the fancy things. Then you just need a few pages from the shop manual.
Sponsored