Sponsored

Factory vs Yakima Roof Rails? I'm Confused...

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it looks like we can add factory roof rails and crossbars for $365 (first pic below) and then we have the option of getting Yakima crossbars for an additional $559 (second pic below).
Ford Bronco Factory vs Yakima Roof Rails? I'm Confused... factory crossbars

Ford Bronco Factory vs Yakima Roof Rails? I'm Confused... Yakima crossbars

That's almost $1000 for a roof rail system. Are the Yakima crossbars THAT much better? I have Yakima bars on my current escape but I don't have any experience with factory bars.

Will the factory crossbars not work with my current Yakima skybox? I do haul a lot of stuff on my rack (skybox, multiple kayaks, etc.). Am I better off upgrading to the Yakima crossbars or am I just paying for a name?

Any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to know to. I figured it was a B&P bug and the Yakima rack was $559 because B&P forces you to check both boxes off which is strange.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yakima racks & accessories are not necessarily universal. They CAN definetly fit a lot of factory racks. I can only assume the official expensive rack will mean you can use all of the brand products seamlessly and with the lifetime warranty. The second pic also doesn't really look like the Yakima rack and just a second photo of the factory rack. Maybe another B&P bug?

Last edited:

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed, those 2 pics look like the same exact rack.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Price wise, the Yakima crossbars on their website (https://yakima.com/collections/crossbars) go from $105 to $249. So the $559 that Ford is charging for the Yakima crossbars is definitely not worth it unless it is some new crossbar with higher end materials/capabilities... I doubt that though.

The only benefit is that it is installed for you and is covered under the warranty so if that is worth the difference then it is the crossbar for you.

If you want the Yakima crossbar I would just order it through the Yakima website or another retailer. Although then you'd have to make sure that it is compatible with the Roof Rail so there's that

Last edited:

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Yakima Skybox mounting system should work with nearly any factory (or aftermarket) crossbar. It's just a hook clamp-style system. I had one for years on my Honda Pilot with the factory roof rails.
Sponsored