First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will the Bronco have artificial sound dubbed in through the speakers?
Humor me.... is there a way to change, alter, or download alternate “engine noise”? Say I wanted it to sound like my diesel truck, a Lexus LFA, or a Ferrari V12?
Ford artificially pumps in engine noise on my 5.0 Mustang, so you can bet they’ll do it on a turbo 4 or 6. I guess the fix for the bronco will be based on how they create the sound
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If I can make an R34 OBD-II compatible then I can and I will find a way to permanently disable fake engine noises. You have my word.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford artificially pumps in engine noise on my 5.0 Mustang, so you can bet they’ll do it on a turbo 4 or 6. I guess the fix for the bronco will be based on how they create the sound
At least in the Mustang it’s real engine noise pumped in through a sound tube. Removing that stupid thing was the most difficult “mod” I’ve done.

Mile630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol trying to unscrew the tube from the firewall ended with me just ripping the thing out in anger. Agreed, most obnoxious mod
At least in the Mustang it’s real engine noise pumped in through a sound tube. Removing that stupid thing was the most difficult “mod” I’ve done.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

virtually all Ford's have sound pumped in as do most other brands..usually to quite the right as much as enhance the engine sound. For Ford's it's easily turned off with forscan..

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I can make an R34 OBD-II compatible then I can and I will find a way to permanently disable fake engine noises. You have my word.
Luckily you won’t have to figure it out. It’s already been figured out.

Bingo. The little electrical things people are hating on more than likely will have a setting in Forscan that will be able to get changed. Splash Screen on startup (think Lincoln, Raptor, default Ford, etc...), how the lights behave on locking/unlocking, audio e/q for those that want to change speakers, fake engine noise, the list goes on.

FORScan software tutorial:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit
Sponsored