Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sooooooo.............

I'm confused. The stock SAS Goodyear Territory MTs are spec'd to inflate to 39psi (cold) per the door jamb label. Though they may only be rated for 35psi from the mfg.

Friday I've got Falken Wildpeak A/T3Ws being installed- their specs also say 35psi which falls short of the door jamb rating.

So, for everyday daily driver use (on road) what SHOULD they be inflated to? Off-road I can lower as needed, but the everyday aspect is really confusing me.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From the Falken website
Ford Bronco Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Pressure vs. Goodyear Territory MTs 1704314852386

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooooooo.............

I'm confused. The stock SAS Goodyear Territory MTs are spec'd to inflate to 39psi (cold) per the door jamb label. Though they may only be rated for 35psi from the mfg.

Friday I've got Falken Wildpeak A/T3Ws being installed- their specs also say 35psi which falls short of the door jamb rating.

So, for everyday daily driver use (on road) what SHOULD they be inflated to? Off-road I can lower as needed, but the everyday aspect is really confusing me.

Thanks
I believe the issue is your assumption of what the max pressures really mean!
I run 39lbs on the street...

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
chalk test your tires and see what PSI makes full contact with the chalk test. that's your street pressure plus 10%. done that for years, even on heavy duty trucks. freaks out the tire shop but my unloaded F250 doesn't need 80 PSI in the rear tires. I only run 40 in them.

i run 30 in my bronco on the stock sasquatch tires and it rides perfect.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I run my Goodyear's at 30 front and 26 rear. The factory specs are for mpg not comfort.

Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The max pressure spec from the manufacturer should be for when the tire is at its max load rating. Although I do believe the ford spec of 39 to be too high and just to squeak out an extra mpg or two. I usually try to run my all terrains around 35.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a very weird thing with the factory GoodYears...if you look on the sidewalls it will say 35 psi Max....but then right under that it will state something like over inflation by another 10psi is ok.

I've never seen that before but it is moot because we all know 39 psi is way to stiff for the Bronco. Low to mid 30's... this is the way.

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
I run mine at 37 and they get up to 39 if I have a long drive. It is a base 2 door 7mt usually with just myself in it so no where near the max load.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sooooooo.............

Thanks
i run 36 in front 35 in rear on my mt
never over inflate but find that sweet spot for your normal driving psi range
Sponsored