Sponsored

FCA/Jeep taking on Fords customization idea!!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jeep really hasn't had any competition for a long time. It's good to see that the intro of the Bronco has gotten FCA off it's ass.

BTW, I do own a Jeep, and I enjoy the thing. It, (I expect the Bronco will be also) even with no mods, it is more capable off road than I'll ever be. :)
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kids: "We want a white top on the bronco!"

Mom: "We have a white top at home."

White top at home:

IMG_0971.JPG
Ya, they need to add a grill, fender, and wheel option to complete that, lol.

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So... I love the white top on the bronco but the white top on the Jeep just doesn’t look right in my opinion?‍♂
That jeep in the article is one of those "concept" jeeps from EJS! I think that one is cool. Now the other. That islander on the other hand is strange!

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored
OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They already do ....
Ford Bronco FCA/Jeep taking on Fords customization idea!! 76C0CA4B-BE24-46AF-90D6-C42ABE2D45F9
Seems like all those Islander editions came with white tops?! Guess I didn't realize that! Those Islanders came out in late 2019?!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like all those Islander editions came with white tops?! Guess I didn't realize that! Those Islanders came out in late 2019?!
Interesting - that I went ahead and looked it up. I remember the old Islander growing up, but apparently FCA released a special edition in 2010. They also have a 2021 Islander that is based on the Sport Wrangler. The white top is optional, but don't look as the Hydro Blue w/ white top is a late availability.

Still not enough to persuade me, but just further evidence that Ford has dropped the ball on the white top.

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interesting - that I went ahead and looked it up. I remember the old Islander growing up, but apparently FCA released a special edition in 2010. They also have a 2021 Islander that is based on the Sport Wrangler. The white top is optional, but don't look as the Hydro Blue w/ white top is a late availability.

Still not enough to persuade me, but just further evidence that Ford has dropped the ball on the white top.
That is interesting. I always remembered the early ones as well. Def had no idea they redid them in 2010. Or if I did I guess I didn't give them a second thought! I always new that bikini pearl was paired with the islander! I figured that was just another reason Bikini was so popular!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They already do ....
Ford Bronco FCA/Jeep taking on Fords customization idea!! 76C0CA4B-BE24-46AF-90D6-C42ABE2D45F9
It comes with a WHITE dash too! The Hellayella and Hydro Blue look awesome with those white tops. Take that stupid sticker off it, put 33s with white or black rims and change the fenders to color match and BAM, awesome. My Gramps had a light blue CJ-7 back in the 80's with a white top and I loved riding around in it as a little tyke. Probably why I like white tops so much.

BroncoBLMT

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Silverado, & Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly this. Ford left a huge open hole but not delivering on the interior, decals, paint, and white tops/fenders/grille for the Bronco. You think its an accident that Jeep has a white top this year and this Jeep facility is being worked on? Bummer. Ford did an undeniably awesome job on the rig but because Jeep already has the vehicle it won't take them any time to catch up and even beat Ford. Ford should have had the custom shop they are building done way before this.
Agree on both accounts. Competition in this area is healthy for all of us. As long as Jeep and Ford keep each other on their toes, we have a better chance at seeing better rigs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very true! Can't wait to see what the future holds for both! Hopefully long years of heavy one upping!!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very true! Can't wait to see what the future holds for both! Hopefully long years of heavy one upping!!
You can look at the 'vehicles' market as either: basic transport/functionality...or enthusiast vehicles.

Basic functionality can be either low-end or luxury...very little brand differentiation; price usually rules the day.

But enthusiasts often spend tons to get what they want, and tons more to personalize it.

Today, auto companies attempt to cater to both groups...but I could envision a time when makers focus on only one.
Sponsored