Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice the way they use up commodities they already claim to be short on to make mannequins to convince people to order those same fancy commodities. I know it brings in folks who end up in an escape or a sport, or so the thinking goes. I just think showing someone who would be interested a 2-door, 2.7, SQ is more likely to make them unhappy looking at a sport
What if these mannequins convince someone to modify their order, and as a result, you get yours sooner?
Sponsored

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like what Ford gives us is what we get, today's email:

BRONCO & BRONCO SPORT FCTP MANNEQUIN UNITS UPDATES
Bronco

Bronco FCTP units were added into your Order Banks yesterday (3/4) and are signified by an 02 priority code – DO NOT UPDATE THESE ORDERS OR THEY WILL REQUIRE MANUAL ADJUSTMENTS TO REVERT BACK. As a reminder, configurations for incremental FCTP allocation were pre-determined by Ford. Any edit (color, options, etc.) to the units will remove the 02 code and make them un-schedulable.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like what Ford gives us is what we get, today's email:

BRONCO & BRONCO SPORT FCTP MANNEQUIN UNITS UPDATES
Bronco

Bronco FCTP units were added into your Order Banks yesterday (3/4) and are signified by an 02 priority code – DO NOT UPDATE THESE ORDERS OR THEY WILL REQUIRE MANUAL ADJUSTMENTS TO REVERT BACK. As a reminder, configurations for incremental FCTP allocation were pre-determined by Ford. Any edit (color, options, etc.) to the units will remove the 02 code and make them un-schedulable.
My dealer (Damerow Ford in Oregon) told be they were getting a 2 and 4 door in Cyber Orange. And they didn't have a choice. This aligns with what I see in this thread.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This months wholesale (allocations) just rolled into WBDO and low and behold, I have a Bronco Allocation for this months scheduling. So its looking more and more like the Mannequins will be pre-production and we all moved up a month!

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This months wholesale (allocations) just rolled into WBDO and low and behold, I have a Bronco Allocation for this months scheduling. So its looking more and more like the Mannequins will be pre-production and we all moved up a month!
Ford Bronco FCTP Mannequin orders going in 783862E0-203B-43D1-8D27-DA3C0365A98C

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I'm sure they're all going in right now, regions are probably submitting them so it will vary, but all will get ordered in the near term.

However, this doesn't mean anything as to when we'll get them. Next step is scheduling, and that will have the same commodity issues and limits that we've been talking about. It's still possible that these orders will just sit until they start Job 1 scheduling, but I have some hope that them going in so early they might get built before then. Likely will get held at the plant so might not see them for a long time (I'm hoping for April build with May delivery, but expecting June delivery., but again as soon as these are all scheduled, customer orders can start, so sooner the better.
Dealers have dates for bronco events in April. I wonder if it’s these Broncos or the preproductions that are rolling around.

Probably prepro since they are one day events with no driving

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean we all moved up a month? Deliveries beginning in early May now?

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean we all moved up a month? Deliveries beginning in early May now?
We've always been behind the Mannequins, so I thought that meant Mannequins in May production, and customer orders starting in June production. Now it looks like customer orders could be starting at Job 1 if Mannequins get built before that. As to delivery dates, thats depends on how long they hold them for quality insurance, I don't expect them to start shipping until late June (since Mannequins aren't for sale, could get shipped earlier, but hard to tell).

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like we should start seeing Bronco VIN numbers this week based on this mornings WBDO status.

Mar 18,2021 Scheduling Start Date: Allocations
Vehicle LinePrior Cycle Balance to ScheduleCurrent Cycle CommitmentCurrent Cycle ScheduledCurrent Cycle Balance to ScheduleAllocation to be Scheduled this Week

2021 Bronco*01011

Sponsored
OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And then hope goes away. This morning our mannequin is previewing for week of 5/2, so looks like they'll be built after job 1. This double sucks since they still have to be built before reservations and I'll likely have a first week build mannequin. Based on past launches, first built is last to arrive, so earliest isn't a plus.

For those wondering, this is how it will work for your orders, allocation will be divied up, the next day orders will preview, so we'll see which ones we'll be getting and what build week. Then we can make changes to options to try to get what we want (ie drop options on earlier reservations if customer wants to get it quicker). Normal orders this goes on T, W, and then schedules Thursday. On Bronco we were told this would be a 2-3 week preview before it schedules and is locked in.

New Scheduled Orders
Vehicle Line Ordering Dealer Body Item VIN Order Type Assigned
Build Week
Ordering FIN Dlr Prty Order Source VSO Ind Original
Build Wk
. E5C 0499 Stock (222S) 2021-05-03 2 CONCEPS Source - OPC

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And then hope goes away. This morning our mannequin is previewing for week of 5/2, so looks like they'll be built after job 1. This double sucks since they still have to be built before reservations and I'll likely have a first week build mannequin. Based on past launches, first built is last to arrive, so earliest isn't a plus.

For those wondering, this is how it will work for your orders, allocation will be divied up, the next day orders will preview, so we'll see which ones we'll be getting and what build week. Then we can make changes to options to try to get what we want (ie drop options on earlier reservations if customer wants to get it quicker). Normal orders this goes on T, W, and then schedules Thursday. On Bronco we were told this would be a 2-3 week preview before it schedules and is locked in.

New Scheduled Orders
Vehicle Line Ordering Dealer Body Item VIN Order Type Assigned
Build Week
Ordering FIN Dlr Prty Order Source VSO Ind Original
Build Wk
. E5C 0499 Stock (222S) 2021-05-03 2 CONCEPS Source - OPC

My assumption was always that the mannequins would have two purposes.

1. Since no stock for 2021, these would serve to prove out the assembly line, as Ford normally does with stock units early on in production (stock built before retails early in Job 1 to correct manufacturing/QC issues)
2. Serve as demonstrator vehicles

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, today it shows my mannequin with a 5/10 build date so I lost a week (and thats good with me, one more and I'd feel pretty good, my guess is 3rd-4th week of production will ship first). This is some good info to prepare everyone for scheduling. During preview dates can change. This one dealers can't change the orders, but once retail scheduling starts they can.

So if your order previews at 6/1 first day, that date can change each day of preview, the date doesn't really mean anything until scheduling happens and a VIN is assigned. For example, you have a 2.7L non Sas, so and yours goes 6/1. other 2.7L Sas orders don't pull, so they decide to drop Sas from their order, now they are ahead of you so they take the 6/1 and you get bumped to 6/8.

These changes could be pretty large swings, I've never done quarterly scheduling before, but with 3 months of production you could swing a month pretty easy and some go from scheduling to getting pushed back to the next quarter. Same as above, lets say you have a non Sas 2.3 with leather, early previews show you as 8/13 build date, someone earlier than you drops the 2.7L to get into the quarter and they get the leather you had, now you slip to the next quarter, likely you'll be early in that quarter, so its still just a loss of a few weeks, but will mean you won't know for a few months until the next quarters scheduling period.

Also previews are normally 2-3 days, and this will be a couple of weeks so it can all get sorted. First one might be a bit of a roller coaster as the dealers will be learning too.

After VIN is assigned dates can and will change (production ahead/behind schedule), but generally you'll hold your place in line unless the date change is because of a commodity issue that cropped up, and even then you'll hold your place within that commodity. This one won't be as common as the changes during preview.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, today it shows my mannequin with a 5/10 build date so I lost a week (and thats good with me, one more and I'd feel pretty good, my guess is 3rd-4th week of production will ship first). This is some good info to prepare everyone for scheduling. During preview dates can change. This one dealers can't change the orders, but once retail scheduling starts they can.

So if your order previews at 6/1 first day, that date can change each day of preview, the date doesn't really mean anything until scheduling happens and a VIN is assigned. For example, you have a 2.7L non Sas, so and yours goes 6/1. other 2.7L Sas orders don't pull, so they decide to drop Sas from their order, now they are ahead of you so they take the 6/1 and you get bumped to 6/8.

These changes could be pretty large swings, I've never done quarterly scheduling before, but with 3 months of production you could swing a month pretty easy and some go from scheduling to getting pushed back to the next quarter. Same as above, lets say you have a non Sas 2.3 with leather, early previews show you as 8/13 build date, someone earlier than you drops the 2.7L to get into the quarter and they get the leather you had, now you slip to the next quarter, likely you'll be early in that quarter, so its still just a loss of a few weeks, but will mean you won't know for a few months until the next quarters scheduling period.

Also previews are normally 2-3 days, and this will be a couple of weeks so it can all get sorted. First one might be a bit of a roller coaster as the dealers will be learning too.

After VIN is assigned dates can and will change (production ahead/behind schedule), but generally you'll hold your place in line unless the date change is because of a commodity issue that cropped up, and even then you'll hold your place within that commodity. This one won't be as common as the changes during preview.
Thanks for the info @XCR440 -
So with these large swings and if you want a MY21, isn't it best to convert prior to 3/20 regardless of timestamp?

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info @XCR440 -
So with these large swings and if you want a MY21, isn't it best to convert prior to 3/20 regardless of timestamp?
Yes, I'd convert by Friday if I wanted a 21, even if its unlikely, there's always a chance.
Sponsored