First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LibertyDiesel,F450,88Ranger, 80Pinto, 65GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I posted a few days ago about like we’ve all done calling a dealer about a Bronco listed in they’re inventory. I was told it was a mannequin and spoken for. I had no dammed idea what that meant. So this is a term Ford came up with for they’re demo vehicles program? I have to say I was at first a lil ticked off like Mannequin meant fake vehicle in inventory…. Anyone got the link to the explanation of this. I’ve read the part about Demos 45 days 4K miles 6 months etc. This getting crazy !
Sponsored

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah it’s the demo vehicles sent from Ford to the dealerships to test drive, look through, etc,

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just came here to say "thank you" for spelling "mannequin" correctly. Every time I see a grown adult spell it as "manekin", "mannekin", "mannakin" or something like that, I cringe.

That's all

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

seems like a lot of dealers never used them for test drives just let them sit in showrooms tell they can sell it

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Think department store mannequins. They are meant to be dressed up to showcase clothing and jewelry for sale at that store. Same with the Bronco mannequins. They were meant to be dressed up with accessory parts to showcase all of the parts available from Ford. As well as for reservation holders to test drive before theirs arrived. Though many dealers couldn't even get the parts to actually dress them up. And some dealers didn't even allow test drives in them. They kept them under glass in hopes of getting top dollar when thet were finally allowed to sell them.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And some dealers didn't even allow test drives in them.
I don't think 'dealers' have ever truly engaged with the Bronco product. As the consumer hype was building in 2019/20 most dealers seemed totally unaware of Bronco. The few dealers who did develop aggressive sales campaigns had their pea-shooters slammed in the door by Ford.

Today's raging 'sellers market' for vehicles of any flavor is an excellent opportunity for Ford to and this archaic model.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think 'dealers' have ever truly engaged with the Bronco product. As the consumer hype was building in 2019/20 most dealers seemed totally unaware of Bronco.
I agree. To many dealers the Bronco is vaporware. It's not a unit on their lot now that that they can sell. So they could care less about it. And with the Bronco community being rabid they are probably sick of the work they have to put in now for a sale that won't happen for another year or more. Or may never happen.

OP
OP
Winger57

Winger57

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LibertyDiesel,F450,88Ranger, 80Pinto, 65GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah that was my experience when I went too the dealer we have Rangers and no deals to be had on those and if it was a used one it was more than a new one… So I said I’ll order something I really want. Get done ordering the Bronco I said now I’d like to drive your Demo Bronco so the wife can get a idea of what we’ll be waiting upwards of a year to get… Uh no we’re not allowing anyone to drive the demo anymore unless your willing to put down some money towards buying that one!I said well at least let my wife and me look thru it and hear it run sit in it something. Mind you it was a 4 door Badlands Sqautch 2.3L 2,800 miles on it . They expected at one time to get 79K for it now it’s a real bargain at 59K 🤣

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We bought the mannequin from the dealer we ordered ours from about a month ago. Bought at MSRP no additional markup. Had 1200 miles on it. 2.3 Manual Badlands Mid no Sas. It will be great for us while we wait a year for our 2.7 Lux Badlands Sas. We actually really like the Manual, it’s great off road.

Sponsored

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We put a deposit on a demo hours after it arrived at the dealer, got it at MSRP.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer I purchased my mannequin from did not advertise them in stock or at all. I happened to be in for service work on my superduty. Knowing it was going to take a full day plus I jokingly said in an email “you wouldn’t have a new bronco that I can test drive until my truck is done”. He emailed back I can do that and had it waiting for me when I dropped off my truck. They had two a carbonized grey outer banks and a big bend. Someone out a deposit down in the outer banks. So he said we don’t let anyone drive that since money had been put down. After driving the big bend (antimatter blue) my wife said see if you can put a deposit on it. We did basically the dealer was letting people test drive and using it as a loaner vehicle. The GM told me ford said they had to keep them for 6 months. Not only that had to plate them(not a dealer plate)before they could sell them. I did notice the one I drove did not have a dealer plate so maybe some truth to this. Anyway the person who put money down in the outer banks had to back out so agreed to buy it sight unseen (move my deposit over). Blue was my original deposit, grey what I ended up getting. Also both were offered at msrp plus accessories nothing else added.
Ford Bronco Mannequin ? 2CB6E482-0A29-4188-9CBF-5F836125EFF0
Ford Bronco Mannequin ? A2C42332-1C54-414B-86A8-1BCABFF2B97A
Ford Bronco Mannequin ? 94FD1B09-4C08-4423-8488-D206A360F7C9

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess if you are new to the Bronco scene, this might be an unknown, but we have know and discussed the mannequin builds for around a year now. The dealers can basically deal with them as they want to. Some have freely allowed test rides and others have sold from day one and not allowed anyone to drive them. They had to hold them for a certain time period before they could transfer title.
Sponsored