Sponsored

Mannequin demo purchase reservation legit?

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that was a non starter. I called 10 mins ago to lock up the deal and the sales guy I spoke to was off. I got the ruddiest a hole ever. Told me 20k over now, can’t assure miles or anything, then yelled at me it’s not for sale and hung up on me.

Now they want 5k non refundable deposit and 20k over msrp. 😂
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These things are going to be very used in 6 months. :LOL: Already know several people who have driven the sh*t out of them on a test drive. I think rental cars are going to be treated more gently than these mannequin Broncos. Add to the fact that they are early builds and the list of future headaches just increases. I would just wait and in the meantime, see how much force it takes to knock a mannequin Bronco out of alignment on a test drive. 😁

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Find anything out about this? It’s bothering the fuck out of me because I know I seen a paper on it.
I just heard back from my dealer. He said dealerships were given the option to sell them to reservation/order holders but it was not mandatory for them to do so.

Once I heard that the vehicle was still mine, I didn't question any further. But it sounded like the dealership might be able to take a demo/mannequin vehicle and sell it to a person who has an early reservation/order through them, seemingly without being penalized.

This is strictly a theory and not for sure since I didn't question any further - but it might be worth a shot for someone who finds a demo vehicle that matches their build, to pursue buying the demo. If I'm correct, they could do that almost immediately before miles are accrued.

And I'm pretty sure there is NO mileage requirement either. In fact, I'm almost positive about that. As far as I can tell, there used to be a mileage requirement but it was dropped. if you read the attachment in a post linked to earlier in this thread, there is no mention of a mileage requirement. It does say 7 months period but I think I saw an e-mail from April or May of this year reducing that period to 6 months.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would secure a demo in a heartbeat, if I wasn’t waiting for mine to be loaded up on a train to California!
Sponsored