Sponsored

Mannequin demo purchase reservation legit?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t find it lemme phone a friend. @ZackDanger What do you know about the FCTP program only being available to reservation holders at the dealership? I know forsure I seen an official paper on it I just can’t find it.
First I’m hearing about this.

Might just be a specific dealership making up this rule for themselves for any number of reasons.

Also, it is my understanding is that really, those are technically the Dealer’s bronco to do with whatever they want… they could decide that they are going to just sell it tomorrow to the highest bidder who’s last name is the same as the owners.

If a dealership decides to violate whatever terms Ford sets, Ford can’t even take the bronco back since it’s theirs to do with what they want… Ford can only punish them with future allocations changes.

Here’s the FCTP terms thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/confirmed-...o-2-fctp-broncos-for-display-and-test-drives/

(Its worth noting some things have changed since this document was leaked here)
Sponsored

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really appreciate the insight from everyone here. I’m late to the game, but dead set on this vehicle now. I was looking at SUVs for 2 yrs, but in my search, this vehicle never came up. I had no idea it was being resurrected until a coworker mentioned it to me.

Jan wait is little compared to the wait I have in store with my current order.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reserved one with some money down. As far as I know, there is only a requirement to keep the vehicle for 6 months at this time. There is no mileage requirement.

However, someone posted recently that they were told Ford is now stipulating dealers can only sell FCTP (demo/mannequin) vehicles to people with orders placed by 3/19/21 or whatever the cut off date was.

I am checking with my dealer to see if that is true or not.
Find anything out about this? It’s bothering the fuck out of me because I know I seen a paper on it.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m a late reservation holder and know that I most likely will not see my vehicle in 2-3 yrs, which has me searching what’s available now. I found a demo that a dealer is willing to allow a deposit and written purchase agreement for Jan, but another dealer has stated that is not allowed by Ford at this time. These vehicles are essentially Ford’s correct?

They assure me that I would get a purchase agreement, but when I offered half only before I see the agreement, I heard nothing back. They are supposedly getting verbal offers but no money has been shown and that’s what they are telling me they want based on just verbal offers with nothing in three weeks. So is this bs or should I just snatch it up? It’s only 5k over msrp and it’s very close to my chosen build.

My current order was 99 by my dealer for no real reason and they aren’t responding to me any more.
After reading all the posts on here and what i gather elsewhere anything goes at this point including transfer of reservation just look at TFL and how they got they Bronco If you get a written contract then you should be able to buy it

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not correct they can take deposits on them. the only stipulation from ford is they can’t sell them for 6 months.
Dealer I test drove at this past weekend said 6 months or 2000 miles on the odometer. True or false?

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Find anything out about this? It’s bothering the fuck out of me because I know I seen a paper on it.
I haven't. I don't think I'll here anything for a couple days honestly. I didn't ask til late this afternoon.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading all the posts on here and what i gather elsewhere anything goes at this point including transfer of reservation just look at TFL and how they got they Bronco If you get a written contract then you should be able to buy it
Well, my reservation was converted to a order locally. I’ll keep the reservation/order, since I’ve been 99’d and have no idea when I’ll get a vin. I’ll most likely cancel the order in Jan, once I pick up the vehicle. Hopefully they won’t try to pull a fast one on me tomorrow or 6 months from now and leave me stranded. I’m go out of my way to get this vehicle. Will fly and drive back.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, my reservation was converted to a order locally. I’ll keep the reservation/order, since I’ve been 99 and have no idea when I get a vin. I’ll most likely cancel the order in Jan, once I pick up the vehicle in Jan. Hopefully they don’t try to pull a fast one on me tomorrow or 6 months from now. I’m go out of my way to get this vehicle. Will fly and drive back.
I hope it works out for you. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok thanks. Should I go for it? I can’t believe no one has placed a deposit down for this vehicle yet. Just verbal offers. I told them I’m legit, ready to send the money if I can see a purchase agreement, but I’ve not heard back.
You're asking if you SHOULD pay $5k OVER MSRP for a vehicle you can't have for 6 months, that in the meantime is going to be sitting on a dealer lot, getting beat up, and possibly even being driven by random people?

No, that would be downright foolish to do. But if you want it that badly, no one here can stop you...

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope it works out for you. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Thanks, I’m going to need all the luck I can get to pull this off. I’ve got to board my pets and such to get the vehicle. 😅

Sponsored
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're asking if you SHOULD pay $5k OVER MSRP for a vehicle you can't have for 6 months, that in the meantime is going to be sitting on a dealer lot, getting beat up, and possibly even being driven by random people?

No, that would be downright foolish to do. But if you want it that badly, no one here can stop you...
No they said no one is driving it and they will lock it up at that point and no one can sit in it. Also 5k is nothing compared to what the dealers in my city are charging. 25k over msrp starting for vehicles sold to the public, 5k over msrp to reservation/special orders. New Orleans is crooked AF.

D47C8C1B-7099-4BB6-821D-7A4F2F9FA580.jpeg

FABD488F-A076-4BE2-95E9-A213BF8A1BD5.jpeg

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here’s my question…what if you did put a deposit on a demo vehicle why can’t they just use it as a loaner to you? Then when the time is up you just go sign the papers…I’m sure there would have to be some kind of written agreement that if you wreck it or whatever the dealership isn’t liable. I’ve been thinking about trying to find a demo myself but I wouldn’t want a bunch of randoms driving it like maniacs for 6 months. Especially if I’m paying over MSRP….
The dealer cannot sell it to you for 6 months meaning the title is still held by Ford Motor during that time. The car would be covered by the dealerships insurance (floor plan?). So if you took it and wrecked it, the dealership would have to file for the loss. You would not be able to insure it until you purchase it and the paperwork is completed (meaning the title is in your name). The dealership's insurance may be able to file a claim against your insurance (presuming you have another car with liability insurance).

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer cannot sell it to you for 6 months meaning the title is still held by Ford Motor during that time. The car would be covered by the dealerships insurance (floor plan?). So if you took it and wrecked it, the dealership would have to file for the loss. You would not be able to insure it until you purchase it and the paperwork is completed (meaning the title is in your name). The dealership's insurance may be able to file a claim against your insurance (presuming you have another car with liability insurance).
I think I’ll take my chances. New Orleans survived last year’s hurricanes, I’m not worried about this dealership.

As in, I probably have more money than sense for a random government worker.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is overthinking it.

The dealership can absolutely sell it before 6 months. They have the certificate of origin in hand and can sell it new to whomever and whenever they want.

If they violate the moratorium on selling them, they get penalized by Ford on future allocation and programs.

https://www.bronco6g.com/confirmed-...o-2-fctp-broncos-for-display-and-test-drives/

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I
Dealer I test drove at this past weekend said 6 months or 2000 miles on the odometer. True or false?
I’ve only read the 6 months at 4k. I could be wrong though.
Sponsored