Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey y’all,

I was able to get my order in for a raptor and it’s finally arriving. My dealership let me know last minute that they are going to charge me 20k over asking. I currently own a 21 First Edition. For 20k over is it worth it to upgrade to the raptor. I love my FE but feel like I’m getting screwed with the ADM. is it Worth it?
Sponsored

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to ask yourself if its worth it to you. Anyone can give you shit for paying mark up but if in your mind the added cost is worth spending your money on, go for it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They aren't making anymore FEs whereas anyone can order a Raptor (providing the dealer has an allocation). If the FE is satisfying your offroad needs, then why get a Raptor?

EdVA

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mark…, I’d wait until the Raptor comes in and make the decision then. It’s a lot of markup, but as others have said, it’s really a personal choice.
I was at the dealership yesterday for a routine oil change for my Badlands, and they had two Raptors for sale. They bought them from customers when they came in, marked ‘em up and have them for sale. Anyway, I got a chance to climb all over one and I gotta say, they are impressive. Very robust and built like a tank. Probably not for me and what I want, but I can certainly see the appeal some people have for them, again, impressive vehicles.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Smaka

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You guys are so nice. Thanks for the help. I love my first edition and for right now it’s my daily driver. The only main reason I want the raptor is because it looks awesome. It’s not incredibly practical for most of my needs. I’m in San Francisco so having something much wider is going to be tough. I’ll see it next week and make the judgement call then. Thanks again for the help and feedback.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Love my Raptor. If you're not going to actually use the extra capabilities, keeping the FE may be the better choice especially with the ADM. That said, when it come in you may be able to get the ADM removed, or you may get over MSRP on your FE. See what actual book value is on it in your area. May well be over MSRP.

Decision only you can make.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If your FE is a 2 door..I think you know the right answer.
I have a 2dr and not sure what the right answer is? Mine is lightening blue and I have a raptor on order. Can keep both but will the FE be worth the same or more in the long run with say 15k miles on it?

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Raptor comes with extra fog lights, could be very handy in Pacifica!

Seriously both great trucks so there’s no wrong answer, but if you’re driving into the City regularly, parking Raptor is going to be a pain in the… especially if you currently have a 2 dr FE.

I’d wait to make your decision until you’re forced to. No sense to waste a free option.

Sponsored

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You guys are so nice. Thanks for the help. I love my first edition and for right now it’s my daily driver. The only main reason I want the raptor is because it looks awesome. It’s not incredibly practical for most of my needs. I’m in San Francisco so having something much wider is going to be tough. I’ll see it next week and make the judgement call then. Thanks again for the help and feedback.
You could easily sell your first edition in the Bay Area for 20k over MSRP. Broncos are still so rare out west. A local dealer has a used Black Diamond for almost 60k they just CPOd with 6k miles. I would think your First Edition could bring in at least 80k.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check the current Braptor auction sell price history. Then flip it if you can out some $$$$ in your pocket.

I have a Wildtrak 2dr. The choice was simple...

Braptor heading to depot then to Vegas.

20221203_103654.jpg

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You could easily sell your first edition in the Bay Area for 20k over MSRP. Broncos are still so rare out west. A local dealer has a used Black Diamond for almost 60k they just CPOd with 6k miles. I would think your First Edition could bring in at least 80k.
Maybe not. This has been sitting on the lot in Folsom for well over a month at $74k. 2021 FE with 60 (only) miles. Just not that far from the Bay Area.

https://www.folsomlakeford.com/cert...cramento-206fae4b0a0e087f480c73ee492607b2.htm

I would have thought it would have sold in days.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor