First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going to try my Bronco out without a softtop, but if I get sick of throwing the front MIC pieces in the back when it is cloudy outside, I might have to break down and buy the Trektop. This is specifically for people that have 2D and the Trektop for the 2D is a little different in that it folds up high on the rear rollbar, etc. but are you guys happy with your purchase. Anyone not happy with it or find it too time consuming, etc?

I went through the install video and it is a lot. I know those frames and harness make it super strong in 80mph winds, and also saw some guy showing his MIC being raised up 1/8" when he put it back on for winter over those lower sticky seals, and just wanted to get overall feedback
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I considered the Trek top and ended up with the Sunrider top instead. I wanted fast and easy access and quick return to waterproof if it rains. Best $900 Iā€™ve spent on mods for the Bronco.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The twill top is probably nearly as quiet as the hardtop. Itā€™s a four season top. No need to ever use your hardtop again. Idc where you live. Only exception is if you want a roof rack. Other than that, no looking back.

Sponsored

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have the twill Trektop and love it. Iā€™ve had it for a little over a year and didnā€™t even bother to switch back to the hard top this winter. My personal favorite way to roll with it is in ā€œsafariā€ mode.

IMG_1712.jpeg

Eldrinarr

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am curious about anyone who is switching the 2dr Trektop on for summer and the hardtop back on for winter.

I just installed my Trektop and love it. Seen some videos where people have said switching back to the hardtop is no problem. Few examples of it actually in practice more than once. Thoughts?

Last edited:
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am curious about anyone who is switching the 2dr Trektop on for summer and the hardtop back on for winter.

I just installed my Trektop and love it. Seen some videos where people have said switching back to the hardtop is no problem. Few examples of it actually in practice more than once. Thoughts?
Same question - It looks like the sticker piece you put at the bottom along the side of the Bronco need to stay and the MIC will sit up over those? Not sure if there are any issues from that.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am going to try my Bronco out without a softtop, but if I get sick of throwing the front MIC pieces in the back when it is cloudy outside, I might have to break down and buy the Trektop. This is specifically for people that have 2D and the Trektop for the 2D is a little different in that it folds up high on the rear rollbar, etc. but are you guys happy with your purchase. Anyone not happy with it or find it too time consuming, etc?

I went through the install video and it is a lot. I know those frames and harness make it super strong in 80mph winds, and also saw some guy showing his MIC being raised up 1/8" when he put it back on for winter over those lower sticky seals, and just wanted to get overall feedback
I bought the trektop last spring and went back to my MIC top this winter. The weatherstripping actually looks factory now when i look at it.. almost as if it should have been there all along.

Im just about to swap back to the Trektop again for summer. Much nicer than having to deal with the panels. It really is a nice OEM quality top. I have a rampage on my early bronco and this is in a different league.

On a sidenote, I landed a spare Ford Trektop soft top if you decide to take the plunge. Im in Ohio.

trektop.jpg

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same question - It looks like the sticker piece you put at the bottom along the side of the Bronco need to stay and the MIC will sit up over those? Not sure if there are any issues from that.
Here's what the weather stripping looks like with the factory MIC top back on

weatherstripping.jpg

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another option is a waterproof bimini/bikini.

Ford Bronco Feedback from Trektop on Bronco 2D? 1683163497033

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F150, Mustang Conv, 69 Bronco. 62 Ec
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought the trektop last spring and went back to my MIC top this winter. The weatherstripping actually looks factory now when i look at it.. almost as if it should have been there all along.

Im just about to swap back to the Trektop again for summer. Much nicer than having to deal with the panels. It really is a nice OEM quality top. I have a rampage on my early bronco and this is in a different league.

On a sidenote, I landed a spare Ford Trektop soft top if you decide to take the plunge. Im in Ohio.

What our the details on your Ford Trec Top for saleā€¦Iā€™m in Sunbury area.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another option is a waterproof bimini/bikini.

How long does it take you to put this on? If I pull over in a gas station and grab from under a seat or something to throw on, it looks like it might take about 10 minutes to tie it in everywhere? I might order one of these

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In 10 minutes, you can put it on 5x :)

It takes about 2-3 minutes. Install video here, and it fits under your seat.

This is awesome. I have used bikini tops a lot in my life and love just having a canvas under the seat, etc. When it is raining pretty good(not talking sideways) how bad is it at stop light? It looks like it would be coming in the front and sides pretty heavy. I would love to hear feedback on rain leaking in either front or the side. I am sure it is there, but is it just your shoulder getting wet, just getting the front of the dash wet, etc?
Sponsored