Sponsored

⁉️Swapping from Hardtop to BesTop TrekTop and back?

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious if anyone has gone from the Hardtop to the TrekTop and back to the Hardtop. After reading the TrekTop install instructions and watching the below video it seems like it would be a pain to do each season. Plus you have to glue down some vinyl and seals that you obviously can’t remove each time.

The instructions also call for attaching metal brackets directly to paint finished parts of the roll bar and belt line. Would you recommend adding a thin foam or vinyl under these parts to not damage the paint?
Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not gunna lie I’m pretty disappointed in the soft top options thus far. You gotta add about 40 pieces that all seem like they need removed if you go back to hardtop. My Jk was so easy. Door surrounds with my quick connect bow knuckles I could throw my soft top on and off in no time. Not to mention nothing I’ve seen folds all the way back into the cargo area.
I’m still holding out hope either ford or someone else will come up with a nice soft top option for my two door.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really wish Bestop would make the hybrid Trektop PRO for Bronco... I wouldn't mind the Trektop not folding all the way back if it meant I could keep rear glass and a wiper in exchange. Seems to me this version is less functional than the regular softtop - Can't go all the way back and doesn't have the rear lifting feature for cargo access. Deff, looks better but that's it.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

gosh. I like tthe way it looks but wish it would fold all the way down, not just open the top lid portion. . Also, it does look like a awful lot to be swapping it back and forth from MIC top to this according to the season. it will be easier to just remove the MIC now and then and just the front panels when you are already out and want some open above at least. hmm. cant decide if this is disappointment or not. guess i will wait to see what other companies come out with perhaps

Sponsored

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I get my Bronco with MiC (a year from now) if nothing else comes out Ill probably get the Bestop Sunrider to make it easier to open the front portion of the 4 door and close quick if needed. Doesn't look optimal as far as looks but easy to at least open just the front panel over the driver/passenger.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got one for my 2 door and I originally thought I wouldn't get one. I didn't like the fact that it doesn't go all the way down either.

But I started thinking that there is not going to be another soft top manufacturer for these 2 door Broncos besides Bestop. At least not for quite some time. And if there is, I wouldn't count on it being a quality product like Bestop makes.

I also think it will be a PITA to install and remove compared to my JL, but I don't care. I take the hard top off in the early spring and don't put it back on until late fall. So it's only twice a year I'm fooling with it. And one way I'm trying to look at it is that even though the install has many more steps involved, It won't be as heavy and awkward as putting the JL top, as one assembly was. My wife might not mind putting this one on with me since it's lighter because it's not one giant assembly!

OP
OP
NYCBD

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m curious what can be left on the truck from the soft top assembly when you swap back to the hard top. And also what can be left put together on the soft top to make the quicker when you add that back in the spring. Maybe it will just be a “PITA” the 1st time???

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Really wish Bestop would make the hybrid Trektop PRO for Bronco... I wouldn't mind the Trektop not folding all the way back if it meant I could keep rear glass and a wiper in exchange. Seems to me this version is less functional than the regular softtop - Can't go all the way back and doesn't have the rear lifting feature for cargo access. Deff, looks better but that's it.
Hi there!
I will pass on this request to the team!

-Eryn@Bestop

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m curious what can be left on the truck from the soft top assembly when you swap back to the hard top. And also what can be left put together on the soft top to make the quicker when you add that back in the spring. Maybe it will just be a “PITA” the 1st time???
Hi there!
You will have to remove all hardware to switch back to the hardtop besides the vinyl and foam pieces you glue down.

- Eryn@Bestop

Sponsored

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It goes back on a lot easier the second time!

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate the fact that the Trek soft top does not lay ALL the way down like a jeep or the original soft top. Looks cheap and will definitely grab every limb, branch, or low-hanging fruit that you pass under. Stupid design. Would never buy this model.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hate the fact that the Trek soft top does not lay ALL the way down like a jeep or the original soft top. Looks cheap and will definitely grab every limb, branch, or low-hanging fruit that you pass under. Stupid design. Would never buy this model.
They have a Trektop Ultra for the JL that does go all the way down. I'd imagine it's only a matter of time and a few suggestions from the Bronco community before @Bestop_Team get to work on one for us.

rcloke0124

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have a Trektop Ultra for the JL that does go all the way down. I'd imagine it's only a matter of time and a few suggestions from the Bronco community before @Bestop_Team get to work on one for us.
I hope so. I purchased the NIC, but would like to have the soft top option in the summer.
Sponsored