John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly I’m more worried about a boulder hitting the doors than being spattered by rock chips. So the angled up without covers look nice and minimalist.

If you want covers, You can get these from Rock Hard. They may also be able to do the angled Up ones with covers if you email them.

1690341611828.jpeg
They look nice…what distinguishes them from other “pinch-weld steps” that aren’t true sliders that will hold body weight?
Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have any issues with the u-bolt installation and the stock BL skid plates?
No
One installed 2 by myself (2/4 door) and helped on a third 2 door

all three badlands
22 2 door
23 4 door
23 2 door

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if RCI does a forum member discount?

Sponsored

RCI Offroad

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4Dr. 1st Edition, 2022 Badlands 4Dr.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you for your consideration to our rocksliders! We do have a forum discount with the coupon code Bronco6G!

One major feature that we provide is the full length frame plate. Being able to attach the rocksliders all the way down the side of the frame with 3/16" plates is guarantied to provide much more structural attachment and strength to the vehicle vs. some smaller centralized attachment locations!

OP
OP
Gorpolak

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dont buy metaltech. have fitment issue, emailed for guidance. they had two weeks to respond and still nothing. purchased directly from them. i regret not buying rci for relatively nominal price difference. poor customer support. just my opinion but rci front mounting point also looks stronger. only reason why i did was metaltech was in stock. should have waited.
I had the complete opposite experience from you. I found them quick to respond to questions before I made my purchase and issues I had after purchase ( within a day).

Fitment was great, the issue I had was I was missing some hardware (a bolt, lock nut and washers). I simply ran to Lowes as it was the only thing open to find similar products to install in the meantime. MT responded quickly and I had the new hardware within 4 days.

Did you have any issues with the u-bolt installation and the stock BL skid plates?
As someone else has stated, no issues with the BL skid plates at all. Having a second set of hands does help. If i ever go aftermarket ( don't know if Metal-tech would make skids) I figured some washers or spacers could solve the issue of the u-bolts.

RJones

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just installed my Metal Tech Sliders and love them! I also installed the IAG pinch weld covers first to clean things up a little. These things are extremely Heavy Duty! I am so glad I didn't go with a pinch weld attachment style running board.

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4172 (1).jpg

IMG_4173.jpg
Thank you so much for the photos. These are some of the best views I've been able to get on these sliders. I just purchased a set for my rig. Would you reccomend the pinch weld covers? Any feedback on those would be appreciated!

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you reccomend the pinch weld covers? Any feedback on those would be appreciated!
I went with GOAT sliders and pinch weld covers. Didn’t think the covers would mean much but I’m glad to have them.

GOAT covers are 1/8” steel plates you put in front & back of pinch welds and use a screw with washer & nut to secure. Love the aesthetics. Cost was low. I’d likely do it again.

However, if you want to save some bucks you could mask off the pinch welds and rattle can them with Rustoleum truck bed liner and achieve the same aesthetics for about $10 or less.

broox

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put the @Metal-tech 4x4 sliders on my 2-door last June.

Pros
  • much more responsive than RCI
  • much faster turnaround than RCI
  • packaged very well
  • nice, clean look
  • very sturdy
  • frame mounted
  • no cutting/drilling
  • usable as a step
  • door ding protection
  • off-road protection
  • makes reaching / cleaning the top of the bronco much easier
Cons
  • The body pinch seam is visible and ugly af, but this is an issue with a lot of step sliders
    • I painted my pinch seams flat black
    • I'd like to get pinch weld covers, but I want them in aluminum / plastic. I dunno why everyone's making them out of steel. They don't need the strength and are super prone to rust with the way stuff will get trapped between the body and plates
  • I wish the sliders sat just a touch higher and offered a bit more poke to make the step more functional and provide better door ding protection.
  • One of the U-bolts physically touches my fuel tank on my install
  • My driver's side step sits slightly crooked. i doubt many people will notice this, but my OCD-ass does. i could probably fix it with a shim between the mount and frame, but haven't taken the time to do so
  • They started showing surface rust between the welded step plates and tubes after less than a month of midwest winter conditions with minimal driving
Here's my post with the unboxing + install.

Photo showing how clean they are:

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 1706800522092

Photo showing the slightly crooked driver's side step:

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 1706800467102

And finally, the rust that's already occurred:

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders rust - 1

I know that rust happens on steel parts... but it sure is discouraging to see after such a short amount of time. Especially in an area that's not easy to address. If this is something that's going to be an issue for you, you either need to seal that joint with wax, oil, or something else... or go with the RCI sliders that have the removable plates.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My RCI sliders shipped yesterday! Should be delivered tomorrow according to Fed-Ex. :)
I have had great experience with RCI products in the past, on my F-150. Went with a bunch of RCI products on the Bronco, this thing will be smooth like a boat underneath when I install everything, lol.

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I put the @Metal-tech 4x4 sliders on my 2-door last June.

Pros
  • much more responsive than RCI
  • much faster turnaround than RCI
  • packaged very well
  • nice, clean look
  • very sturdy
  • frame mounted
  • no cutting/drilling
  • usable as a step
  • door ding protection
  • off-road protection
  • makes reaching / cleaning the top of the bronco much easier
Cons
  • The body pinch seam is visible and ugly af, but this is an issue with a lot of step sliders
    • I painted my pinch seams flat black
    • I'd like to get pinch weld covers, but I want them in aluminum / plastic. I dunno why everyone's making them out of steel. They don't need the strength and are super prone to rust with the way stuff will get trapped between the body and plates
  • I wish the sliders sat just a touch higher and offered a bit more poke to make the step more functional and provide better door ding protection.
  • One of the U-bolts physically touches my fuel tank on my install
  • My driver's side step sits slightly crooked. i doubt many people will notice this, but my OCD-ass does. i could probably fix it with a shim between the mount and frame, but haven't taken the time to do so
  • They started showing surface rust between the welded step plates and tubes after less than a month of midwest winter conditions with minimal driving
Here's my post with the unboxing + install.

Photo showing how clean they are:

Photo showing the slightly crooked driver's side step:

And finally, the rust that's already occurred:

I know that rust happens on steel parts... but it sure is discouraging to see after such a short amount of time, especially in an area that's not easy to address. If this is something that's going to be an issue for you, you either need to seal that joint with wax, oil, or something else... or go with the RCI sliders that have the removable plates.
@broox Great feedback, thank you. It's great seeing the pros, for sure, and they do look great on your truck. The Cons are very helpful to hear what the values are that make it on your list. As the owner of Metal-tech 4x4, (100% family-owned and not owned by a venture capital group), this is important to me as it creates an opportunity for us to explore how to make what we build even better. MT4x4 has been at it for 24 years, and its focus on performance off-road has always been the driving factor. Yet, I very much get what makes a con value on your list. Again much appreciated.

I will be PMing you regarding the rust. We don't like seeing that either in such a short time, this will be addressed.

Mark
Owner of Metal-tech 4x4

NOTE: The new MT4x4 Sidewinder sliders do have optional bolt-in step plates. The step plates are Cerakoted. (aerospace baked on ceramic paint) We apply the Cerakote in-house, so you can pick almost any color for them. Also, the Sidewinders use a different mounting system to the frame. So far, only out for the 4D, but the 2D is coming.

broox

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just wanted to follow up on what may be the best customer service that I've ever gotten on an aftermarket accessory.

After my review above, Mark, the owner of @Metal-tech 4x4 DM'd me, emailed me, and gave me his personal cell phone number. He thoroughly talked through their processes and both issues that I was having: 1. fitment and 2. thin powder coating at the seams.

First, he sent me a can of exact-match touch up paint to help address the areas where I was beginning to see surface rust.

Then, he said that they were about to fulfill a local order for a set of 2-door sliders and was going to offer free installation so that he could verify the fit. After doing that install and working with me, he determined that my set of sliders were not up to their standards and offered to build me a replacement set.

I'll report back after I get them, which should take a few weeks... but I couldn't be happier with the level of service that this family owned company is offering.

Incredible.

Michael541

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M2; 2015 Accord -goes when Bronco arrives
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broox Small world! I mirror your sentiments exactly @Metal-tech 4x4! I believe my 2 door is the one he was talking about. I am thoroughly impressed with both his Business and his camaraderie when I met him on a trail run before ever knowing anything about their products. The sliders took their first hit 5 days after installation and performed as advertised and expected. Thank you @Metal-tech 4x4, you have a customer for life!
Note: photos while on ramps taken today while preparing for a skid plate replacement.

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 20240224_160136

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 20240224_160150

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 20240307_144856

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 20240307_144911

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 20240307_145543

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 20240307_145602

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 20240307_145633

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 20240307_145647

Ford Bronco Feedback on RCI vs Metal Tech 4x4 Rock Sliders 20240307_145654

Last edited:

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had the RCI 20 degree sliders for a few months. Long lead time when I ordered and packaging is the absolute worst I have seen in the industry for any rig/vehicle that I have ordered any type of parts for. Had a scrape and small chunk taken out of the powdercoat upon receival. Also had the wrong HW kit for a 2 door when I have a 4 door but a quick call to RCI and they next day aired the parts needed.

Now for the pro's.....
These are beefy, I would have no issues installing these onto my purpose built wrangler as well which is built more for the rocks. All mount points to the frame are strong. I don't see these failing at all long term.

It does stick out far enough for a step, kids, the evil half and myself all use it as such. And like most sliders, keep door dings away when venturing the parking lots.

Such great sliders, I would probably order again if I started over even with the flimsy packaging and long wait times. Bonus as I believe its a family run operation and obviously built here in the good ole US of A.
Sponsored