Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seems to me that the mounting point is the threaded bolt hole in the middle of the dash by the "Accessory Ready" script. The device can be mounted there and the ends will rest in the rectangular indents to the left and right.

Dash.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

but itā€™s probably nothing even close to say an F150 where you could spread out.

OP do you agree with that on size? Does it seem doable for a long family trip?
Obviously depends on how much junk you want to take with you. IMO, Itā€™s do-able for a trip but definitely on the more compact side. I took my family of 4 to the Outer Banks of North Carolina from Virginia (4 hours) a couple of summers in a row for a week in the 4 door ā€˜15 Wrangler I had a few years back. It was tight and I had to pack far more carefully. Definitely not F-150 space inside.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully they will be moving up the east coast.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The interior width is about the only thing I'm concerned about - my FJ is the perfect size, width wise - whereas the last JL I sat in felt cramped, but to be fair that had manual windows and my knee was hitting the hand crank. I guess I have to prepare myself for somewhere in between.

Sponsored

JohnWayne

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2018 F350, 2015 Transit, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at that dealer at 11:00 to see them. It was supposed to be a 2 and 4 door but I'm still glad to have seen them in person. I really cant wait for mine now. Thanks for your write up and pics.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with that. If you havenā€™t sat in one yet, go sit in a wrangler and Ranger. Itā€™s somewhere in between. Definitely more comfortable than wrangler, and more headroom. Itā€™s narrow though, wonā€™t be a family hauler for us just my toy.
The front hip and shoulder room is identical to a ranger. Maybe one dimension was another half inch bigger on the bronco. But yeah, ranger is probably the best readily accessible vehicle to test out the width of the space.

JohnWayne

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2018 F350, 2015 Transit, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive a 2019 F150 now and its way wider for sure but I feel the inside width on the Bronco is perfect. I was very happy with the Badlands interior.

Last edited:

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The front hip and shoulder room is identical to a ranger. Maybe one dimension was another half inch bigger on the bronco. But yeah, ranger is probably the best readily accessible vehicle to test out the width of the space.
Na, I donā€™t care what published specs say, Bronco is a little tighter in the shoulders. The upper portion of the cab flares in more on the Bronco.

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of them is missing on one of these rigs. I dont recall which. At least at the Virginia Beach event it was. Maybe they have spares with them

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

6. As a huge Ford and Bronco enthusiast I really donā€™t want to be critical of anything, but to put it politely I feel that they chose function over form when it came to the interior. I do understand they designed this to be a serious top down off roader and prioritized the interior to be water resistant for off-roading and because folks will inevitably get caught in a downpour with the top and doors off. I liked the different feel of the ā€œencapsulatedā€ or rubberized switchgear on the dash and steering wheel and the seats were plenty comfy. Styling or design wise it all visually looks great, but the interior cargo area, dashboard, door panels, and center console were all hard, thin looking plastics. While this is probably the best option for not being damaged by water, to me the materials looked and felt kind of cheap, flimsy or chintzy. I noticed the center console grab handle was really flexy too. It pains me to type that stuff, but it was how I felt during the brief viewing. Iā€™m just sharing my honest first impression. Just my .02

327CCD58-CDF5-4B48-83E1-71E484ECB6D6.jpeg

regarding point number 6., are we to assume in case we do get caught in a downpour with the top down, that all the electronics and switches on the dash and center console are waterproofed? or even water resistant?
Not that i would ever try it on purpose but the peace of mind in a situation like that is great.

any opinions?
Sponsored