First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is anyone else having issue with cleaning the fender flairs? I have a Badlands, squatched. No mods. Rocks and dirt get kicked up, and yes, I have paint chipping and marks on the fender flairs and door handles but I can't get the fender flairs clean. I use a car wash mit usually and the last time I washed it, I used a soft tire brush on them. Still no luck.

Any suggestions to get them clean without damaging the flairs?

1632178586173.png

1632178635623.png
Mine are perfect that’s from the train other posts about this and how to fix

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First you should power wash them as wipe them with a hot cloth. If they are still there then I look at other options like the video shared. I usually prefer armoral but just test before you go too crazy with anything

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's pretty standard for that type of plastic to lose color quickly. A neighbor had his Wrangler parked outside for about 10 years. I did a single coat of Solution Finish just to drum up a detail job for fun one weekend and it was night and day difference. Lasted about 18 months before needing re-application. I'll still call that money/time well spent as it only takes seconds to apply.

Before:
sf-action-1[1].jpg

After:
sf-action-2[1].jpg

Side by side:
solution-finish-kit-3[1].jpg

The above is taken from AutoGeek's site. They are an excellent high-quality auto detailing retailer and i've had great service from them.

https://www.autogeek.net/solution-f...MIy5GaoduO8wIVUT2tBh2SnwzsEAQYBCABEgL0OvD_BwE

Full disclosure: I have no affiliation with AutoGeek or Solution Finish in any way. I get absolutely nothing, not even a Christmas card from them for suggesting their products. They have simply treated me fantastic over the past 25 years of car detailing both as a business and as a consumer so I suggest them to others.
Did you remove the fenders to do this, or were you able to just tape it off?

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Give it a few applications of hyper dressing or something like that and see what happens

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to clarify. The grey you see in the pictures is staining, not fading.

I'm nervous to use any aggressive cleaning methods (because then I'll have fading!).

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Once I get them clean, I'm going to protect them.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to clarify. The grey you see in the pictures is staining, not fading.

I'm nervous to use any aggressive cleaning methods (because then I'll have fading!).

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Once I get them clean, I'm going to protect them.
I bought some of this VRP stuff to try out on all plastic trim. Might help if it's put on a clean part first, so I'll do it right away.

Chemical Guys TVD_107_16 V.R.P. Vinyl, Rubber and Plastic Non-Greasy Dry-to-the-Touch Long Lasting Super Shine Dressing for Tires, Trim and More (16 Oz) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00FJIT...abc_BS5EZP55VW2K13G38232?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking for ways to remove scuff marks from my doors, I came across this video using a magic eraser and degreaser. Not sure if the magic eraser would work for your application but I wonder if the degreaser and scrub brush might do the trick.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Jeep Grand Cherokee did this on the plastic portions. Part of the reason I went with painted OBX fenders. Whatever you do keep wax far far away from them. I've used 303 cleaner. Works pretty well.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally washed mine today... Even tho it was a waste of time considering it's going to rain tomorrow and I'm gravel road, offroad bound after work for fishing. But I wanted to try some old back to black on the stained, gouged Sasquatch flares... And after some hard rubbing and a couple coats of it, I'm impressed. It actually worked. So I did the mirrors, all the trim, the rock sliders and the flares. And bumpers... Stains gone. And not tooo shiny. Just black.
Ford Bronco Fender Flare Staining... 20210921_171545
Ford Bronco Fender Flare Staining... 20210921_171517
Ford Bronco Fender Flare Staining... 20210921_171533

Mmartini

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

This is a great video showing the long term impact these plastic restorers have. The solution finish recommended here earlier lasted a respectable 180 days. "That black stuff" and "Wipe New" look the best to me after 11 months in the sun. Regardless, I don't think ANY of these plastic restorers are permanent. Perhaps if you use a sealer with UV protection you can get a little longer life out of them. It is just the nature of plastic.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's $12 well spent for sure. Obviously some plastics take it better than others (that's what she said!), but if Bronco fenders are anywhere in the ballpark of what Jeep's been using, it will do you a treat.
do you have a suggestion that might keep the fender flares from turning grey? Can a protectant applied weekly actually keep UV off enough to have them NOT fade, all black trim for that matter?

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have the same issue. Did you figure out what worked for you?
Sponsored