Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not to hijack the topic, description says 21MY is CARB approved so what would the differences be in the tool?
There are no differences in the tool or calibration for Carb and non carb approved tunes. The device is the same. The cal is the same. It's just the application and approval process for CARB takes longer than the other 49 states.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nice I ordered, do I need to get the dealer to install? Thanks for the discount code!
You're very welcome! Thanks for your business.

Ford Performance states that in order to retain the 3yr/36k warranty that the tune needs to be installed by a Ford dealership or an ASE certified tech. Either one of those allows you under their guidelines to retain the warranty.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are no differences in the tool or calibration for Carb and non carb approved tunes. The device is the same. The cal is the same. It's just the application and approval process for CARB takes longer than the other 49 states.

Thanks!
Yep, every year the Ca air resources board tightens the noose & wants submissions for approval ($$$$) for future models to be compliant even if everything else is the same.

Would it not show up when they do the emissions inspection that the calibration number was off?
Absolutely! if there is not a referenced CARB # in the database it will be an auto fail and require flash to factory and other inspections to clear the vehicle.
In short wait for the CARB # if it's going to be registered in Ca ;)

bigbmc26

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lincoln LS V8 2016 Focus ST 2023 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great! Now I just got to find a ford service center who will install it. My dealer won’t touch it. Anyone in the Triad, NC area know of someone?
I called Ford Performance yesterday, it doesn't have to be installed by Ford, just an ASE certified tech. They stamp the invoice with their cert#, you send that to Ford Performance via email with your purchase invoice, they'll approve the warranty.

Check Toms 4X4 in Lexington, if they have ASE techs, they may be able to take care of you.

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I have to have wifi connectivity to be able flash this tune? From the instructions downloaded from Ford Performance website.

Ford Bronco FINALLY! Ford Performance ProCal Calibrations for 2023 Bronco model year (2.3 and 2.7) are LIVE!! Screenshot FORDINSTSHTM-12655-F.PDF

Come on Ford, this just adds another level of complexity to be in range of a wifi connection to flash a tune.

Sponsored

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z, Mitsubishi Lancer, Range Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks!
Thank you for the response! one more question! I noticed another thread trending they mentioned it is set to premium fuel 93 octane . Being in CA what if we do not have access to 93 only 91?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called Ford Performance yesterday, it doesn't have to be installed by Ford, just an ASE certified tech. They stamp the invoice with their cert#, you send that to Ford Performance via email with your purchase invoice, they'll approve the warranty.

Check Toms 4X4 in Lexington, if they have ASE techs, they may be able to take care of you.
Thanks! I’ll check them out!

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I have to have wifi connectivity to be able flash this tune? From the instructions downloaded from Ford Performance website.

Ford Bronco FINALLY! Ford Performance ProCal Calibrations for 2023 Bronco model year (2.3 and 2.7) are LIVE!! Screenshot FORDINSTSHTM-12655-F.PDF

Come on Ford, this just adds another level of complexity to be in range of a wifi connection to flash a tune.
No, not to install the tune. You just need some sort of internet connection to your PC to download the tune.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you for the response! one more question! I noticed another thread trending they mentioned it is set to premium fuel 93 octane . Being in CA what if we do not have access to 93 only 91?
It is recommended to run 93 to receive the full power benefits of the calibration. However you are ok to run 91 if that's all you have available to you. The knock sensors will adjust to the lower octane and a less aggressive timing table until higher grade fuel is sensed.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

jernst8854

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Bronco 15 Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 21 4 door wildtrack and a 23 2 door wildtrack. Would I be able to use it for both of my Broncos or will I need 2 different tuners?

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I literally just bought mines today, just a few hours ago! Do we have a code now ????

ohnoauto

Wildtrak
First Name
LeBronco James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone installed the tune of a 2023 yet?

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

If you know how in CA. 'Los Angeles' Pease point me in the direction where i can get an authorized dealer install FP for a 2.7 / 2022
I depends on your definition of “authorized”. Start by calling all the ASE shops/dealers in your area and if that fails drive to Nevada or Arizona.
Sponsored