Spicygb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In normal mode, the vehicle won't short shift so aggressively, the shift points are just wonderful post-tune. Previously I would switch into sport mode, then back to 2H to achieve similar performance, but then it would tend to avoid downshifts (way worse in Baja mode for that).

In short: I'd install the damn thing JUST for the transmission changes, the horsepower is the other bonus.
Any changes in eco mode? I find the shifts too aggressive for most city driving in sport. And prefer the gentler throttle response in city driving. However transmission shifts in eco are really clunky when decelerating and accelerating again. Ex. Stop and go traffic. Doesn’t know if it wants to be in 1,2 or 3rd gear.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I called numerous Ford dealerships to get this done, but only one was willing to do it. They were almost trying to talk me out of it though, or thats how it felt...

They mentioned something along the lines that if I had any drivability issues in the future which were deemed to be caused by the tune, a bunch of hoops would need jumped through for the repair, and I would possibly have to go to a "Ford Performance Shop." Does this sound right?

Has anyone had it installed at a non-ford, ASE certified shop?

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called numerous Ford dealerships to get this done, but only one was willing to do it. They were almost trying to talk me out of it though, or thats how it felt...

They mentioned something along the lines that if I had any drivability issues in the future which were deemed to be caused by the tune, a bunch of hoops would need jumped through for the repair, and I would possibly have to go to a "Ford Performance Shop." Does this sound right?

Has anyone had it installed at a non-ford, ASE certified shop?
No issues getting installed by non ford ASE tech. Just get a receipt stating install was performed by ASE tech!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lcubed stated. I have a Non Ford shop, ASE cert. I have had zero issues. The drivability is great, and I also run other mods to go along with the tune.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any ASE certified tech can do it…Ford docs say so.

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What exactly is the " 3 year/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service?" I assume none of the original warranty is affected by install?
Sponsored