Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some people suck.

Last night I took my daughter for a shake at in and out. It was late and not many people in the parking lot. I noticed two girls and guy in the parking lot in a older white dodge caravan. They were checking out my truck when we were inside.

Drove home parked in garage and went to bed. Woke up to a loud crash. Looked outside to see my Bronco driving away. Immediately called the police who took almost two hours to respond. By the time the police showed up I had already called Ford and recovered the vehicle.

When I pulled up my home surveillance footage you see the white dodge van park across the street about 2 minutes after we got home. They waited almost 2 hours broke into our garage side door came into the house grabbed the keys on the counter and in a rush they backed into the side of our house which woke me up.

Damage to vehicle is still unknown they hot roded out of our neighborhood. Drove to a retirement community about 10 miles from my house and cut the wire harnesses to the rear view mirror and the wire harness that runs along the driver side door. Broke my center console. Hard Top, Spare Tire, Rear door and Bumper are all damaged.

Be vigilant not sure what advice I could give I kept the Bronco in a locked garage and had the keys inside my house. I would have never guessed this would happen.

The best early alert security system is a dog. If you are a deep sleeper you need better ears for signs of trouble. Go invest in a dog no matter the size.
Sponsored

WilPower

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man thats the one closest to my house
I'm not far from there either and we learned you have to keep vehicles out of the street and driveway, and store in garage to reduce risk, and keep keys in a faraday box. We also have Ring all over the place including our driveway to alert us of any movement 24x7. I've been in Colorado since 1996 and this place has gone to crap since they legalized marijuana.

Last edited:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know they did forced entry here and took your keys (which is terrible and I’m so sorry). But I have a dumb question for another scenario…..are stealing modern vehicles with all the tech & key fobs still a thing? Like hot-wiring, etc? Can the Bronco be stolen without the keys? Are aftermarket car alarm systems any good, or is the Revelco device the way to go period? Thank you.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No we have an alarm and a big German Shepard who is in the dog house on this one. The garage side door and garage door to house did not have a sensor. I did not install the system we moved into the house and I never noticed.

4CBA02A8-A94B-4E32-84F8-58CAA7B1D6BE.jpeg
What an ass! did he play fetch with them when they entered the house? is he too ashamed to show his face?

Last edited:

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not far from there either and we learned you have to keep vehicles out of the street and driveway, and store in garage to reduce risk, and keep keys in a faraday box. We also have Ring all over the place including our driveway to alert us of any movement 24x7. I've been in Colorado since 1996 and this place has gone to crap since they legalized marijuana.
I've thought myself that correlation existed. It seems like so many people moved here to 'hit it big' in the Weed Rush, but they got here to realize there is some regulation, and a lot of places either don't allow dispensaries (our city just voted to issue permits for 4), or are at the limit of dispensaries they'll allow, and now they can't open their own.

That, coupled with never ending cost of living increases and skyrocketing rent and their dreams gone, put them in a pickle. I think a lot of those type of people moved here bc it's legal and it's their entire personality/lifestyle, and they have a hard time making it. Crime is a solution for some of them, I guess.

I mean, we moved here and it's definitely more to live here. That view of the mountains costs a lot. We pay about 900 a month more for rent than our mortgage was in MN. My job here ended up being a joke, so I left after burning through a ton of savings, and my wife just got laid off and is starting her own biz here. I'm working full time and starting a biz as well, Colorado ain't no joke financially.

And to top it off, our Chouse doesn't have a driveway or a garage. It's street parking only, but I do have most of the area covered with cameras, exterior and interior. I feel it's fairly safe here, the crime rate is pretty low, and the PD is about 3 blocks from us. But I'll probably install extra precautions in my Bronco when it gets here (Hopefully end of this month) like a fuel cutoff, a Ravelco and an RFID bag for the key in the house.

Hope it works out OP.

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. I bought it more because the fact I would never imagine someone entering my home. We have made so many changes deadbolt all doors and added alarm sensors to garage doors and the garage side door. I am actually grateful they found the keys in the kitchen and left. The whole thing could be much worse. My wife didn’t want to sleep in our house because she was convinced they would come back. I have an Aston Martin that she thought they would come back for. The gun is extra peace of mind. I am fortunate to have been trained in gun safety and proper use at a young age.
Make sure all your door hardware have 3” screws! I can’t emphasize enough how much of a difference this makes in someone’s ability to break in.

Your saving grace with the Aston Martin is that would be difficult to part out compared to a mass production vehicle but thieves are dumb so if they put eyes on it don’t be surprised if they come back.

Lastly if your PD doesn’t catch them you could always go to that In & Out around the same time as when you saw them before and see if they come back. Criminals dumb enough to do a smash and grab like that probably will return to their favorite spot for finding victims or to a similar spot near by. Keep an eye out for them in that vehicle or another.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's what I use for an extra level of security!
PXL_20220807_131937007.jpg
PXL_20220807_132002127.MP.jpg
Except that they broke in thru the garage with a crow bar! cuz they know the garage door is almost always the least secure spot in the house

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except that they broke in thru the garage with a crow bar! cuz they know the garage door is almost always the least secure spot in the house
A crowbar won't move the door enough to make the bar move or fall. I thought they used the crowbar on the side door, not the actual garage door?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When you take your car to the mechanic do you give them the Ravelco cover?
What about valet parking?
Of course. The Ravelco device is wired so that it is an intermediary between the ignition circuit. The male plug connects with the female plug completing the circuit. 16-pins comprise the plugs and every one is unique with no master plugs. If you are taking the vehicle in for service, just leave the plugs connected and service tech won't be the wiser. Same for valet service. Ideally the product should be painted to blend in with the plastics better. The photos that I posted earlier seem to stand-out. But if you have your Bronco, then you know that center console tray with the USB is fairly dark and discreet. I would just paint the caps black and no one would know.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know they did forced entry here and took your keys (which is terrible and I’m so sorry). But I have a dumb question for another scenario…..are stealing modern vehicles with all the tech & key fobs still a thing? Like hot-wiring, etc? Can the Bronco be stolen without the keys? Are aftermarket car alarm systems any good, or is the Revelco device the way to go period? Thank you.
Any new vehicle with a FOB is easy to steal. Bad guy sits in a lot, you get out and go into the store. Before you get their they download you codes from your fob onto their computer. They follow you home or to the next lot. You go in, they walk to your vehicle and get in as if it is there's. Gone in seconds. The Ravelco will prevent your car from starting. It is very difficult to hot wire the Ravelco. I admit not impossible, but remember time is not on their side, so in most cases they leave the vehicle instead of taking a chance of getting caught. There is a pouch, folks can help me with the name, that prevents the crooks from getting your code.

Price of vehicles keep going up, long wait times to get a new one, like other crime car thefts will continue to go up. My 2¢.

How does the Ford Pass app. work to find your car?

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course. The Ravelco device is wired so that it is an intermediary between the ignition circuit. The male plug connects with the female plug completing the circuit. 16-pins comprise the plugs and every one is unique with no master plugs. If you are taking the vehicle in for service, just leave the plugs connected and service tech won't be the wiser. Same for valet service. Ideally the product should be painted to blend in with the plastics better. The photos that I posted earlier seem to stand-out. But if you have your Bronco, then you know that center console tray with the USB is fairly dark and discreet. I would just paint the caps black and no one would know.
I'm going to move my plug under the dash so it is not visible to other folks. Remember as long as it's in the car it will start. I don't use valet parking, for many other reasons, so that one I don't have to worry about. I give the service folks the plug so it can't be taken from their lot. I use the plug just like a key. If I'm not in the vehicle it's in my pocket.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going to move my plug under the dash so it is not visible to other folks. Remember as long as it's in the car it will start. I don't use valet parking, for many other reasons, so that one I don't have to worry about. I give the service folks the plug so it can't be taken from their lot. I use the plug just like a key. If I'm not in the vehicle it's in my pocket.
I'm sure you just meant to phrase it differently. But the male/female plugs must be connected to complete the circuit and not just have the male cap in the vehicle. I agree with you about valet. Don't use it.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people leave their car keys near the garage door, hanging up or in a shelf. After 35 years in LE, all I can say is it’s a bad idea.

Glad you recovered her

DesertEagle1776

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old-Timey Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got yelled at by the police for typing there and looking back it was probably not the best idea but what was I supposed to do let them take it forever?
[/QUOTE]

The supreme court ruled that police don't have a duty to protect us, let alone protect our property. We can discuss what's best practice but I hate when some police tell us they'll handle it when they may not show up at all (which might not be their fault). You have every right to get your own property, even if it's a risk. I might LET police do it cause my life is worth more than a car and they have backup. But you have the right and it's stupid they yelled at you. Plus it was just sitting there. 😂
Sponsored