Sponsored

First Edition Graphics Are A PAIN To Remove!!!

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco First Edition Graphics Are A PAIN To Remove!!! BE2B637C-2606-49FB-8052-88F4D9AAEA45

Has anyone taken the reflective graphics off of an FE? Do you have any tips? Warm or cold, the graphics just disintegrate if you try to peel them off. Think license plate tabs, that’s basically the same material these are made of and do not want to come off.

please, if you have removed some already,I would love some pointers!

EDIT: I guess I should have been more specific. The guys doing the work absolutely used a heat gun, in fact it’s the first thing they tried. They’re a professional wrap business with wholesale accounts with Porsche, Land Rover etc. they specialize in Xpel and have been certified installers since its inception. They remove decals on the daily, but this particular reflective decal is something entirely different. I just wanted to give people a heads up that they won’t just peel off nicely like the trim badges do, and even the non reflective Wildtrak graphics. I was also hoping somebody had a magic trick they’ve learned while taking theirs off, because the conventional methods just aren’t doing the trick. I only stopped by yesterday to snap the pics and helped remove them for a bit. I’m not necessarily looking for beginner tips, as actual professionals are doing the work 😉
Sponsored

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you try heating up the area gently with a heat gun as you went along? That and teflon/plastic blades meant for the task should get you there.

That looks like a pain in the arse.

Silentwutch

Raptor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Raptor, 23 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Heat is usually your friend. Maybe some Goo Gone could help loosen the bond of the glue around the edges.

You’re doing God’s work removing those ugly stripes. (y)

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you try heating up the area gently with a heat gun as you went along? That and teflon/plastic blades meant for the task should get you there.

That looks like a pain in the arse.
We definitely tried using a heat gun and it almost made it worse. Seems to come off best just at room temperature. We’re using Teflon blades but it still slightly mars the clear coat. Using fingernails and steady pulling has gotten us this far. I was hoping someone has specifically removed these decals as they are unlike any normal graphics out there.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco First Edition Graphics Are A PAIN To Remove!!! BE2B637C-2606-49FB-8052-88F4D9AAEA45

Has anyone taken the reflective graphics off of an FE? Do you have any tips? Warm or cold, the graphics just disintegrate if you try to peel them off. Think license plate tabs, that’s basically the same material these are made of and do not want to come off.

please, if you have removed some already,I would love some pointers!
This is what everyone's PPF will be like down the road when it's cracked and yellowed. I shit you not...
Imagine doing an entire vehicle like that.

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is what everyone's PPF will be like down the road when it's cracked and yellowed. I shit you not...
Imagine doing an entire vehicle like that.
You must not be familiar with Xpel. My wrap guy has a truck that’s parked outside everyday and looks flawless still. Not brittle either.

edit: 11 year old wrap

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe some brake cleaner might do the trick. ;)

I’d have a pro graphics place do the work. Most likely you will see where the graphics use to be because it may lift off part of the clear coat due to how tough the adhesive is. A shop may have a better way of pulling those graphics off.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You must not be familiar with Xpel. My wrap guy has a truck that’s parked outside everyday and looks flawless still. Not brittle either.

edit: 11 year old wrap
No, I'm not familiar... Sounds almost too good to be true!
But it still might not come off easily. If it ever needs too 🤷

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe some brake cleaner might do the trick. ;)

I’d have a pro graphics place do the work. Most likely you will see where the graphics use to be because it may lift off part of the clear coat due to how tough the adhesive is. A shop may have a better way of pulling those graphics off.
It’s at a professional shop. He just had me come by to see how hard it was to remove. You can’t see where they were, he’s already removed a bunch of it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No, I'm not familiar... Sounds almost too good to be true!
But it still might not come off easily. If it ever needs too 🤷
It’s amazing stuff, 10mm thick even. It comes off fine actually. It’s such good stuff, the price usually scares people away 😂

Heeba

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I peeled my FE stickers off as soon as I got home from the dealer. At first they broke apart like your pics. But I found with a hair dryer on low heat they did not break as much. I also used my fingernail to peel up the entire leading edge first so I could then grab the full width of the sticker and pull it back at a low angle. They came off pretty quick. Had to clay the hood to get the residue off. Did not try goo gone or rubbing alcohol but the clay cleaned it right up.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

try spraying some water on it from a spray bottle and put a black trash bag on it and sit it in the sun or use the hair dryer.

Had to do the above when removing old window tint and it came off off in much bigger sections.
Sponsored