Sponsored

First Edition Graphics Are A PAIN To Remove!!!

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BE2B637C-2606-49FB-8052-88F4D9AAEA45.jpeg

Has anyone taken the reflective graphics off of an FE? Do you have any tips? Warm or cold, the graphics just disintegrate if you try to peel them off. Think license plate tabs, thatā€™s basically the same material these are made of and do not want to come off.

please, if you have removed some already,I would love some pointers!
I know removing these seem like a pain but I wanted to say congrats on getting your Bronco. You're going to have a lot of fun with it (once this is over). And I second the other poster who said low heat from a hair dryer. You'll find the sweet spot where you've heated the adhesive just enough for it to release, without heating it so much that it gets sticky.

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know removing these seem like a pain but I wanted to say congrats on getting your Bronco. You're going to have a lot of fun with it (once this is over). And I second the other poster who said low heat from a hair dryer. You'll find the sweet spot where you've heated the adhesive just enough for it to release, without heating it so much that it gets sticky.
Thank you! It was quite a long wait and Iā€™m glad itā€™s over.
I guess I should have been more specific in the first post. Theyā€™ve absolutely used a heat gun, theyā€™re a professional wrap business with wholesale accounts with Porsche, Land Rover etc. they specialize in Xpel and have been certified installers since its inception. They remove decals on the daily, but this particular reflective decal is something entirely different. I just wanted to give people a heads up that they wonā€™t just peel off nicely like the trim badges do, and even the non reflective Wildtrak graphics. I was also hoping somebody had a magic trick theyā€™ve learned while taking theirs off, because the conventional methods just arenā€™t doing the trick.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heat is your friend! I removed PPF with ease on my RX-8 just having it sit in the sun on a warm day. It peeled of without any resistance. Any other time I've removed any adhesive/stickers/emblems it was just a lot of rubbing and raw thumbs. It's not fun. If you get it sitting in the sun or carefully heat with a heat gun, that's your best bet. I've used the eraser wheel before but it's something you do need to be careful with because you could over do an area and you don't want to cause damage.

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Heat is your friend! I removed PPF with ease on my RX-8 just having it sit in the sun on a warm day. It peeled of without any resistance. Any other time I've removed any adhesive/stickers/emblems it was just a lot of rubbing and raw thumbs. It's not fun. If you get it sitting in the sun or carefully heat with a heat gun, that's your best bet. I've used the eraser wheel before but it's something you do need to be careful with because you could over do an area and you don't want to cause damage.
Thank you for the reply! Iā€™ve updated my original post to give more detail, i should have been more specific. This shit is nothing like PPF. PPF is 10mm (edit: 10mil) thick, these graphics might be less than a mm. Incredibly thin and brittle, almost acting like 20 year old thin stickers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have them boil a kettle of water and pour it on. With the way thatā€™s coming off, might need several kettles. Wear gloves and if you can get some purchase, pour in between where the decal meets the paint.

IMO this softens the glue and sticker better than a heat gun, but Iā€™ve only had to do it once.

jtt411

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I should have been more specific in the first post. Theyā€™ve absolutely used a heat gun, theyā€™re a professional wrap business with wholesale accounts with Porsche, Land Rover etc. they specialize in Xpel and have been certified installers since its inception. They remove decals on the daily, but this particular reflective decal is something entirely different. I just wanted to give people a heads up that they wonā€™t just peel off nicely like the trim badges do, and even the non reflective Wildtrak graphics. I was also hoping somebody had a magic trick theyā€™ve learned while taking theirs off, because the conventional methods just arenā€™t doing the trick.
Check out montanabroncos over on Instagram. He just removed his first edition graphics. Perhaps you can DM him. He looks to be a big installer of chromatic decals on older Broncos so he has a lot of experience.

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here I am wishing I could have FE door graphics

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for the reply! Iā€™ve updated my original post to give more detail, i should have been more specific. This shit is nothing like PPF. PPF is 10mm thick, these graphics might be less than a mm. Incredibly thin and brittle, almost acting like 20 year old thin stickers.
PPF is 10mm thick? That is more than 3/8". Do you mean 10 mils (thousands).

Sponsored

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand now. This isn't their first decal removal rodeo. I guess Ford didn't count on anyone removing their vinyl...

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

PPF is 10mm thick? That is more than 3/8". Do you mean 10 mils (thousands).
Yes lol, my bad. I wrote mm knowing it was mils so thatā€™s totally on me šŸ˜‚

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your peeling your FE stripes off and Iā€™m trying to find the part # to buy a set to put on.

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Your peeling your FE stripes off and Iā€™m trying to find the part # to buy a set to put on.
Ford parts can get them. Be ready to pay $1100 for both doors and hood!