Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally got the meth kit on and dialed in from Julio at Alkycontrol. Kit had everything plus a couple extras for install. I only had to buy a 1/8” npt barb and some line to plumb the sensor into the afe charge pipes.

Install wasn’t to bad. Little on the tedious side with the wiring and lines, I soldered and shrunk everything. Plus finding a location for a tank. That was the biggest challenge.

Tuning wasn’t to bad. 3 drives and dialed in. Did get a couple flashing cel’s while tuning (excess alcohol). Cel clears soon as the alcohol clears out. Around 10-20 seconds to go back normal and the cel to go out.

For the tuning I adjusted between the flashing cel and exhaust heat smell, that smell everyone complains about after getting on it. It’s dialed to where no exhaust smell on hard acceleration or cel now. Set at 10 psi for activation. 25% start for ramp.

Performance. Since dialed in the truck pulls way harder and smoother. Power band is now like a cv trans. No noticeable power band change through out the gear until 85ish. Baja is worthless now as the truck is liking mid shifts to stay on top the torque band. 1/2 pedal in sport seems to be about max so far performance delivery wise.

Usage. Meth usage, jury is still out of general usage. First 3 times out were 2 quarts for a 1/3 of a tank. Way to much. With it dialed back I went through less than a quart in the last 2 days. Gonna have to get some daily miles on it for accurate ball park.

For the first 2 times out I would have said the kit wasn’t worth the money. After I got it dialed in, won’t have another turbo motor without it.

I did get to embarrass some dude on a 600 at 30mph, 27-30 is where max kick down can be displayed on my setup. Can only imagine how that felt to get out run by a bronco form 30-60. Lmfao.

Can confirm these trucks are no joke when you get some power to them.

70447917128__07C8B00F-1B95-41EB-8CB7-47034C7C2256.jpeg

IMG_7343.jpeg

IMG_7344.jpeg

IMG_7346.jpeg

IMG_7347.jpeg

IMG_7349.jpeg
Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you think you have reached the max HP from add-on performance yet? How is the meth being activated?

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think you have reached the max HP from add-on performance yet? How is the meth being activated?
I’m 40-60 short on wh right now. Still have to go dyno 1 more time. Expecting 460-470 wh with 35’s. That will be max for mine until a ecu crack.

I left with a safe tune @423wh while waiting to add meth. Truck runs way harder now. So I’m pretty excited for the next tune.

Meth is activated off a boost sensor. Julio sent me a 2.5 bar. Has a dual to adjust. Can set what ever psi you’d like. Pretty much just senses the boost out of the charge pipes. When it hits the trigger point the meth pump kicks on.

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Ground_zero298 with all this HP at almost double that of OEM at rear wheels, what are your thoughts on the transmission internals continually being able to handle it long term?

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Ground_zero298 with all this HP at almost double that of OEM at rear wheels, what are your thoughts on the transmission internals continually being able to handle it long term?
You already know the answer, lol.

Tremec rebuilder knows my number. You don't want your auto-trans guy recognizing yours.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I finally got the meth kit on and dialed in from Julio at Alkycontrol. Kit had everything plus a couple extras for install. I only had to buy a 1/8” npt barb and some line to plumb the sensor into the afe charge pipes.

Install wasn’t to bad. Little on the tedious side with the wiring and lines, I soldered and shrunk everything. Plus finding a location for a tank. That was the biggest challenge.

Tuning wasn’t to bad. 3 drives and dialed in. Did get a couple flashing cel’s while tuning (excess alcohol). Cel clears soon as the alcohol clears out. Around 10-20 seconds to go back normal and the cel to go out.

For the tuning I adjusted between the flashing cel and exhaust heat smell, that smell everyone complains about after getting on it. It’s dialed to where no exhaust smell on hard acceleration or cel now. Set at 10 psi for activation. 25% start for ramp.

Performance. Since dialed in the truck pulls way harder and smoother. Power band is now like a cv trans. No noticeable power band change through out the gear until 85ish. Baja is worthless now as the truck is liking mid shifts to stay on top the torque band. 1/2 pedal in sport seems to be about max so far performance delivery wise.

Usage. Meth usage, jury is still out of general usage. First 3 times out were 2 quarts for a 1/3 of a tank. Way to much. With it dialed back I went through less than a quart in the last 2 days. Gonna have to get some daily miles on it for accurate ball park.

For the first 2 times out I would have said the kit wasn’t worth the money. After I got it dialed in, won’t have another turbo motor without it.

I did get to embarrass some dude on a 600 at 30mph, 27-30 is where max kick down can be displayed on my setup. Can only imagine how that felt to get out run by a bronco form 30-60. Lmfao.

Can confirm these trucks are no joke when you get some power to them.

Ford Bronco First time meth user. IMG_7349

Wow, next level!

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right now she feels pretty tight. Shifts are seamless. Lot of the abuse will be dependent on kick down and hard shifts. I figure if I don’t blow it on the 30mph kick downs she should hold.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
nucking futs
Deet$ on where to get extra drivetrain?

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nucking futs
Deet$ on where to get extra drivetrain?
Local salvage yard. I secured mine back when wrecking broncos was new.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very few first time meth users left in Arkansas.
Sponsored