Sponsored

First Wash - Are you Taking your Spare off?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No. I have a pressure washer and a foam canon. I leave it on and spray heavily behind it.
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best car dryer I’ve found to date. Dual motor, heated air and filtered. No need for a rag. Most your scratches come from washing and drying.

Was $200 cheaper last year but worth the cost. I use it for blowing out gutters, blowing out interiors, drying the dog, cleaning the garage, great for spiders and webs, and of course drying the car. If you’re cerama coated this thing will blow your mind. I have a stihl br 800 back pack blower. This puts out about 2 times the velocity. 30’ hose so you don’t have to pull it around. Plus no back pack blower film left behind.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UVUTP2S?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

OP
OP
mike8675309

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. I have a pressure washer and a foam canon. I leave it on and spray heavily behind it.
Just foam sitting on the surface will not get the surface clean. For those not having driven an SUV before, maybe you forget how filthy the rear of the vehicle gets. It's a low pressure area and the road spray and junk all get deposited on the back of the vehicle as the air passes over.

Any dressing you use on your dash or rubber surfaces you should make sure it has UV blockers in them as UV will break down the materials faster than anything.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best car dryer I’ve found to date. Dual motor, heated air and filtered. No need for a rag. Most your scratches come from washing and drying.

Was $200 cheaper last year but worth the cost. I use it for blowing out gutters, blowing out interiors, drying the dog, cleaning the garage, great for spiders and webs, and of course drying the car. If you’re cerama coated this thing will blow your mind. I have a stihl br 800 back pack blower. This puts out about 2 times the velocity. 30’ hose so you don’t have to pull it around. Plus no back pack blower film left behind.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UVUTP2S?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
I use the same thing and I agree it's way faster than towels and doesn't leave the spider webs that towels will. Though I will say this change all the clamps with something you can really tighten up, because over time it will either blow the hose or nozzle off when it gets warm.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I’m missing something- why would you take it off to wash it? Just wash normally and then open the tailgate to wash from the sides (with a damp cloth)
When you go to a car wash without the tire off the back never gets touched.

Sponsored

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the first time to put the graphene behind it. Then again for the brake light ring. I just use a small ratchet strap in the garage to hang it. I just open the door, throw the strap over the rafter and though the rim, couple cranks, shut door and tire is hanging. Then just open the door and put it back on.
I use a cheap Harbor Freight hoist for spare tire removal/replacement. After 10+ years removing a hefty 35" BFG KM2 from my other off-roader, my back's shouting finally made it through to get my brain to listen to reason.

Works great when I do my tire rotations.

HF:
https://www.harborfreight.com/440-lb-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-60346.html

Even cheaper at Wallyworld if you can find it in stock:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/VEVOR-El...houses-Construction-Site-Mine-Filed/529613213

I've used it for the Bronco spare a bunch of times (besides tire rotations) while I've been fabricating an antenna mount for the spare tire.

Others are using same/similar hoists for their hard tops - so it's versatile!

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're gonna use something like that get some wheel woolies instead. Much softer.

Those nylon bristles scratch the shit out of anything they touch.

abn-7819-3.jpg
I use both the woolies and the nylon brush for wheels only. And have had no problems with it scratching any of the wheels I have cleaned with it Bronco included.
Sponsored