Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#1) What is going on with driver profiles in this vehicle? How are you adapting to the features offered?
Driver profile?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
I think my profile is "That butthaid in the white Bronco..."

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bit off-topic, but I enjoy a good conversation.

A stock Rivian completed the Rubicon - I wouldn't call that pedestrian. Stock Rivian R1S EV SUV Conquers Infamous Rubicon Trail

While a very polarizing choice, some members here consider it competition: Is the Rivian Bronco Competition?

I don't have any data to support my hypothesis, but I would wager the majority of Bronco buyers didn't buy them or will use them for off-roading. There are many other valid use cases and situations for purchasing a Bronco. Different strokes for different folks....

I'd enjoy both vehicles but for different reasons. It's possible to enjoy more than one thing at a time as an enthusiast. Our Bronco is getting outfitted to enjoy week-long off-road overlanding and weekend outings exploring the unpaved roads of the Northwest, Southwest, and Western Canada.

I'm sure we'll adapt and like you mentioned enjoy it for what it is.
Great, then you’ll understand and accept why the addition of even more, and more complex electric gizmos wouldn’t be needed or wanted.

If people buy a Bronco for other than off roading, the joke is on them; so call it what you will. I stand by my statements. Bronco is an off roader with a few tech and creature comforts bolted on. In fact, all Broncos other than Raptor are “Base“ Broncos with junk bolted on.

A Rivian is almost $100K, so it isn’t spartan. I’ve driven one; it’s more luxurious than an X5, easily. While the Rubicon is challenging a stock Jeep can do it on 32s and so can a stock Bronco. What shape that Rivian was in after would be more of a concern and overlanding in an EV is ballsy as hell since weight and terrain will diminish range by quite a bit. Maybe in 5-8 years that will no longer be a concern, but it is today.

My “loaded” Badlands has nothing luxury on it, as I have a Range Rover Sport at home and have owned an X5 as well. That Rivian beats both of the before mentioned SUVs in the lux department.

Luxury expectations can’t come over to the Bronco, it just wasn’t built with that in mind, so it does take a philosophical shift to appreciate if luxury is what someone is used to.

Once you get out in the dirt, that Bronco will be in its element and it all becomes clear, but not before that point.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can’t really fault the guy for assuming some of this stuff is just standard and taking it for granted

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bit off-topic, but I enjoy a good conversation.

A stock Rivian completed the Rubicon - I wouldn't call that pedestrian. Stock Rivian R1S EV SUV Conquers Infamous Rubicon Trail

While a very polarizing choice, some members here consider it competition: Is the Rivian Bronco Competition?

I don't have any data to support my hypothesis, but I would wager the majority of Bronco buyers didn't buy them or will use them for off-roading. There are many other valid use cases and situations for purchasing a Bronco. Different strokes for different folks....

I'd enjoy both vehicles but for different reasons. It's possible to enjoy more than one thing at a time as an enthusiast. Our Bronco is getting outfitted to enjoy week-long off-road overlanding and weekend outings exploring the unpaved roads of the Northwest, Southwest, and Western Canada.

I'm sure we'll adapt and like you mentioned enjoy it for what it is.
You aren't kidding, around here you can't walk five feet without tripping over a Rivian. Or maybe because the service site is around the corner from me. :LOL:

Rumor is that the Rivian had to be dragged over the trail to make it anywhere.

There are tons of trails and such in our area. I hope you are able to get out and get that Bronco dirty!

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback - primarily asking about driver profile features that were implemented or not and how you are adapting to using your Bronco with what it has. Sounds like it's old-school manual mode on this one. Not a major purchase criteria but color us surprised in 2024. We researched back and forth between this and a Rivian but made a poor assumption on these features.

We are enjoying other aspects of the Bronco and are working through a shop full of accessories to get added. So far it's looking like a great project vehicle which was the primary criteria.
It's an offroad vehicle with washout floors.. no one wants electronics for the seats.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do you set up your driver profiles, add new driver profiles, edit driver profiles, etc? I'm not seeing this in the FordPass app or main vehicle screen.
* When approaching the vehicle is it capable of detecting the correct driver profile? (either by the mobile FordPass App or Key FOB)
* When leaving the vehicle is it capable of auto-locking?
* Can any of these items be automatically adjusted to the driver profile preference?
- Seats, easy entry?, steering wheel, mirrors, interior climate, heated seats, driving modes, phone contacts, navigation favorites and recents, audio/media/station/channel favorites, audio volume, etc.

Manually adjusting all of these things for each different driver every time would be a significant letdown and hoping we're just missing something.
I am not trying to be rude but you def purchased the wrong vehicle... Did you do any research before buying? Did you test drive one? Did you ask any questions before, during or after that test drive?

There are plenty of people who buy Broncos and turn them into a Mall Queen and there are the soccer moms who want to roll around in the new hot vehicle but there are just as many who buy them for off-roading. (nothing against mall queen's or soccer moms)

All of those people listed above should know what they are / were buying for the most part. I am sure there are some, like you, who did little to no research before buying but that's not advisable for any vehicle, never-mind a 4x4 intended and built for off-road use..

Hopefully you can adapt to what the Bronco is and enjoy it for what it offers.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.