Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a search and was surprised no one has had this conversation though it was touched on a couple times in the license plate fiasco thread. The picture in that thread shows a Black Diamond on 32s looking like it fits pretty snug in the garage behind it. It might fit roof rails at that height, but I'd be amazed if a roof rack slid under that clearance.

I'm willing to bet there are a number of people here with all sorts of thoughts about this situation and their creative workarounds if it needs to squeeze in or live in the driveway. I'd be interested to hear them! (Carport, quick release ideas for roof rack if you really want it in the garage, construction project on your house...) I'm planning on staying with the 32s (maybe going up to 33's down the road but doubt that would be a huge issue), but as a realtor I want to have a variety of answers ready for clients telling me they're worried the garage I'm showing them is too small for their Squatched Bronco.

So! Thoughts?

2021 Bronco front license plate placement attachment 1.jpeg
Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is one discussion on the topic. I measured my garage opening, and I can fit with a roof rack and 35s, but not with a rack or any sort of cargo topper.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess I should have kept scrolling! Thanks guys. That first thread @Jason posted yielded this result which is exactly the kind of creative maneuvering I was looking for (regardless of if it actually works it's a cool idea and that's what I was looking to find):

Lonestar777 said:
One of my good friends has a built rock crawling jeep with huge tires and bit lift. He installed an ATV winch underneath which compresses the suspension so he can get through the garage door, then once inside he can release it.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you have an older house most newer homes have a 84" garage opening.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you have an older house most newer homes have a 84" garage opening.
Yeah the market right now is crazy. Older houses are selling super fast (people routinely putting offers in way over asking and losing over and over on house after house before finally getting one accepted). So this is definitely a topic I'm gonna dig into.

Loving that posted list of threads above for this. As far as I'm concerned that alone makes my question asked and answered but if y'all wanna run with this I'll enjoy reading whatever comes of it!

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did a search and was surprised no one has had this conversation though it was touched on a couple times in the license plate fiasco thread. The picture in that thread shows a Black Diamond on 32s looking like it fits pretty snug in the garage behind it. It might fit roof rails at that height, but I'd be amazed if a roof rack slid under that clearance.

I'm willing to bet there are a number of people here with all sorts of thoughts about this situation and their creative workarounds if it needs to squeeze in or live in the driveway. I'd be interested to hear them! (Carport, quick release ideas for roof rack if you really want it in the garage, construction project on your house...) I'm planning on staying with the 32s (maybe going up to 33's down the road but doubt that would be a huge issue), but as a realtor I want to have a variety of answers ready for clients telling me they're worried the garage I'm showing them is too small for their Squatched Bronco.

So! Thoughts?
Cancel your reservation so those of us without the concern can get ours sooner.

I have 8 foot openings on my garage and its 23 feet deep. I think I bought the house just for that. This is after having the garage door at my old house ripped off of its tracks not once but twice by a stock height Suburban with roof rails.

I don't drive the Suburban in my family.......

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cancel your reservation so those of us without the concern can get ours sooner.

I have 8 foot openings on my garage and its 23 feet deep. I think I bought the house just for that. This is after having the garage door at my old house ripped off of its tracks not once but twice by a stock height Suburban with roof rails.

I don't drive the Suburban in my family.......
Yeah I brought my tape measure with me on my house hunt. The garage was a must have (and I wound up buying new construction and getting a ridiculous deal, oversized garage and all)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I brought my tape measure with me on my house hunt. The garage was a must have (and I wound up buying new construction and getting a ridiculous deal, oversized garage and all)
My "must have" was a garage, my wife's was a fireplace....

...guess what two things the house we bought doesn't have.

Go ahead... take your time...

...I'll wait.

;)

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should fit fine in a standard garage barring a roof basket or something.

Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We built a new house a couple years ago and made sure to get 8' doors (have about 93" opening) and went 27' deep on the garage. Out of the norm here, most garages are only 20' to 21' deep in this area. But that extra 6'-7' made such a big difference.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where do y’all keep your 4wds now?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most home garages are fine...but don't take that truck downtown with roof racks...I could fit my FJ into very few garages in DC after a very mild lift, 33s, and a roof rack. Most suburban garages were okay, but some were shorter than listed in areas..which is where that antenna up front helps let you know before you whack a pipe or concrete.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I fit an F-150 super crew cab* in my garage once so I'm not worried.

*Note: only the cab, the end of the bed did not fit. But the Bronco isn't that long. ;)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Fitting Through Garage Doors 1608154869368
Sponsored