Flaps and Steps for Sasquatch?

F2502017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm wanting to minimize rock chips and damage to my sides and fender flares on my Badlands Sasquatch.

What are the best options for steps with rock rails and splash guards to make it easier to get in and out as well as keep rocks from damaging my sides and flares?

I want something that looks like it belongs and also is functional not something that looks like an afterthought or temporary.
Sponsored

OP
OP

F2502017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone got any links to threads with pictures and info for steps that attach to factory rock rails and splash guard options?

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Havoc Trailcrawler steps and Rekgen Trophy Sport XL mud flaps on my Wildtrak, and I'm very happy with both. The mud flaps installed quickly without requiring removal of the front tires, and they're well made. The only complaint I have is that the rears just kinda screw into the rear bumper without any hardware on the other side, so it's a chunky screw being installed into plastic. If they get ripped out while off road, the connection to the rear bumper is going to be destroyed, because that screw hole will be hogged out.

The steps are pretty great. Easy install with two people. I was in the middle of COVID and was able to get them installed in about fifteen minutes. They're body mounted, so I wouldn't use them for dedicated sliders, but they work great for what they are, which is a step and some body protection.

JR

PXL_20230306_191919589.jpg

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm wanting to minimize rock chips and damage to my sides and fender flares on my Badlands Sasquatch.

What are the best options for steps with rock rails and splash guards to make it easier to get in and out as well as keep rocks from damaging my sides and flares?

I want something that looks like it belongs and also is functional not something that looks like an afterthought or temporary.
I have the D6 and Rekgen combo. No rock issues and step is wide to make getting in and out easy.

https://www.gorhino.com/series-513-dominator-xtreme-d6-side-steps-complete-kit-with-brackets.html

https://rekgen.com/collections/2022-ford-bronco

Ford Bronco Flaps and Steps for Sasquatch? rekgen-D6

Last edited:

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Distinguish between a step and a rockslider. Steps offer no protection if you do serious trails and rockcrawling, whereas a rockslider with step/running board features will. However, such a step + rockslider will probably not be much lower than than the door thresholder, so people who find the Sasquatch lift a bit difficult will have only a minor advantage climbing up and in.

I use the US-made iAG (a sponsor here, with a current sale) removable full-length step. I took it on a #4 trail which involved modest rockcrawling, and 1) gouged the bottom a little, and 2) it slid backwards on my OEM rockrails about 5 inches. Easy enough fix, but it is definitely not a slider!

I'll be order RokBlokz mudflaps soon. I tried the Mabbet/iAG/other sources, and they snap off on trails.

OP
OP

F2502017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do these options require any drilling?Anyone have weathertech flaps? If so post a pic. I haven’t seen them but have used them on past vehicles. Usually very easy to install and don’t require drilling. I like those steps that attach to the rails in the Amazon link above for $260.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with Broflaps and the Ford rock rails. I like the way they both work in combination.

Ford Bronco Flaps and Steps for Sasquatch? 988215CB-4391-477A-B540-877818F55277

26129E4A-5C6A-491C-AE89-B57D37C36E1A.jpeg

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Flaps and Steps for Sasquatch? 20230221_124743
my "22" BadSquatch with mabbett front flaps and wwestin xts slider steps..
I'm happy with this setup💯

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I too have the Rekgen front mudflaps with RCI Rocksliders. Zero fitment issues and easy to install.
They really seem to work well too.

IMG_6689 (2).jpg

Sponsored

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 F250, ‘96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IAG steps mount to factory rock rails and IAG mini flaps. Plus I have ppf along rocker to about 8” up.

F36A51A8-B128-414C-856F-C9415FEC27C0.jpeg

D3CBF684-20E4-43CA-9E0D-044D0A1EAB5F.jpeg

745B7EE8-6A72-4CA0-A933-1EE31AC959A8.jpeg

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll be order RokBlokz mudflaps soon. I tried the Mabbet/iAG/other sources, and they snap off on trails.
Any mud flap is going to break off on a trail. They're plastic, and stress is going to crack them or rip the plastic where the mounting screws are. The big plus on the RokBlokz is that they have thumb screws, so they're easy to remove before the trail. Regardless, I can have my Rekgen mud flaps off the truck in like four minutes, and back on about as quickly.
Do these options require any drilling?Anyone have weathertech flaps? If so post a pic. I haven’t seen them but have used them on past vehicles. Usually very easy to install and don’t require drilling. I like those steps that attach to the rails in the Amazon link above for $260.
The Rekgen installation for the front has three screws that go into existing holes with a U-clip. The fourth is screwed into a plastic push clip. The rear mud flap installs into three existing holes in the bumper where there was a "fin" mounted, presumably to reduce water spray. This is the only thing I don't like, because the bumper is plastic. If the mud flap gets ripped off, it's going to hog out those screw holes, and you won't be able to remount unless you relocate and drill new holes.

Still, like I said above, they're easy to remove and it makes good sense to do so before you go off roading, if you could hit or damage them.

JR

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what length flaps did you go with?
I believe they extended 8-9” from the bottom of the wheel. I have a 2 door now with step bars and some Amazon flaps. They are working well. The steps block the rocks the shorter flaps let by. Also the rear wheels throw rocks forward, need steps to cover those as well.
Sponsored