MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well if I opt for the non SAS OBX, I will be counting on being able to steal someone’s black wheel flares. As a gesture of decency though, I will leave the body color flares with them.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gorilla glue some Apple AirTags to the underside of them.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since they are so easy to take off, just remove them and lock them inside the bronco while in the store. I'd say take them inside the store with you but people might look at you funny 😂
Since they are easy to take off... let's just take them off and leave them off. 😇

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Altho hopefully overblown, the concerns expressed re flare theft has me considering:
- plan to shallowly engrave my phone number into the underside of mine which may make sale on eBay more problematic. If others did the same might make flare thefts less of a thing if the ne’er-do-wells are aware of this trend amongst owners.

Anyone have any other thoughts on marking or other means to mitigate this issue?
Hit the trails and scratch the hell out of them. Nobody is going to buy (or steal) beat up fender flares.

Sponsored

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Put a NRA Membership sticker in the window. A few years back there was a rash of break-ins in my neighborhood, but my stuff was never touched. I have to believe the thought the thieves had that I had firearms was the reason they avoided my property.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My mitigation? .... is nothing.
Just going to deal w/ it. Not going to spend life worried about petty theft. It happens.
This is not an expensive part to replace. Aftermarket Jeep flares are $120 for a set.... I'm sure Quadratec will build some for Broncos in the same price range.

Besides, for there to be a market, there has to be demand. It will take several years to build up the demand for OEM fender flares....that are sourced outside of the dealership....even more for there to be a black market for a $30 part on a vehicle first hitting the streets in mid 2021....

I too saw the T&C video of the 10 things he hates. .. Only 2 issues are serious concerns (the lack of Lane Centering, and Stop & Go Cruise Control) Those are real misses from the Lux package on any lux equipted vehicle, from any maker... Not sure why Ford skipped those on the Bronco....

$5k of Sasquatch tires and rims missing from a vehicle sitting at a remote trail head all weekend is more likely.... But, that's just a simple insurance claim...

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tamper-proof Security Torx fasteners. Replace 1 or 2 bolts. You can also replace all the bolts if you got some really nice flares and are that paranoid about them.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put a NRA Membership sticker in the window. A few years back there was a rash of break-ins in my neighborhood, but my stuff was never touched. I have to believe the thought the thieves had that I had firearms was the reason they avoided my property.
That would get your car more likely to be broken to where I'm at. They're just looking for guns, car keys, or cash.

OP
OP
wrbix

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tamper-proof Security Torx fasteners. Replace 1 or 2 bolts. You can also replace all the bolts if you got some really nice flares and are that paranoid about them.
Not attached w bolts.
I suppose one could drill out the extant fasteners and apply theft proof fasteners, but….

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never seen so much concern over something that has yet to happen once. 😂 Nobody cares about your fender flares. Broncos have been traveling all over the country for over a year now and nobody has messed with them yet.
...because there is no market for them yet.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All 4 fenders of Bronco will be easily replaceable by design. Aftermarket fenders will come, and likely with drastically more retro styling.
Yup
Which is why I will wait for something like the Sema Fenders

On the topic of flare delete: That would be a violation of state law here in WA, not sure what your state's laws are.
Driving over the speed limit is also illegal
Yet..................
🤣

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yup
Which is why I will wait for something like the Sema Fenders

Driving over the speed limit is also illegal
Yet..................
🤣
In an area that sees nearly 300 days a year of rain, plus quite a bit of soil or debris on roadways (washed onto the road by the rain), not having flaps is also massively douchy.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fortunately I don't
but the flares make little to no difference in this as shown already by broncos with mud all over their doors
Mud Flaps are what prevent the stuff from flying backwards
Sponsored