First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just drill a hole through them and pass a bicycle security cable/lock through them attached to the door handles.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
...because there is no market for them yet.
Youā€™re thinking of a different market. ;)

Moments after Bronco Jesus removed this flare, it was melted down for black market MIC tops. šŸ˜‚

Ford Bronco Flare theft deterrence 1622750137032

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Flare theft deterrence FLARE2

Few thoughts. Great for those that do last minute, unplanned trail cutting. Not so good when they loosen up, don't get fully locked/tightened after reinstalling and they fly off on the highway with heavy traffic. I would see what type of socket is in the lip and maybe find a rivnut or plastic insert and screw with a large washer head. Good idea on paper, just concerned about long term durability.

Sponsored

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd be willing to trade. Getting a BL VB SAS but it will probably be middle next year before it arrives.
I might be down for that. Mine will be here probably by mid-August. I don't have SAS nor have I seen the flairs in person. I don't know how they would look on non-SAS tires.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Take one off each unguarded Bronco you see that way you'll have a spare if you need it.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bolt them on if you're worried.

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Altho hopefully overblown, the concerns expressed re flare theft has me considering:
- plan to shallowly engrave my phone number into the underside of mine which may make sale on eBay more problematic. If others did the same might make flare thefts less of a thing if the neā€™er-do-wells are aware of this trend amongst owners.

Anyone have any other thoughts on marking or other means to mitigate this issue?
Actually, CLEARLY engrave your State, DL#, X.....example NC74367854X

That is what cops are trained to look for and the scrap yard won't touch it. They might even call for police. If caught police have your contact information for prosecution. The X at the end is to prevent crooks from adding extra digits. Good advise for all property actually.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Altho hopefully overblown, the concerns expressed re flare theft has me considering:
- plan to shallowly engrave my phone number into the underside of mine which may make sale on eBay more problematic. If others did the same might make flare thefts less of a thing if the neā€™er-do-wells are aware of this trend amongst owners.

Anyone have any other thoughts on marking or other means to mitigate this issue?
I was going to pee on them.

Mark my territory.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the rumor is....you can order replacements from Ford Parts :)

As difficult as Bronco is to acquire, I suspect the only culprit is someone trying to build their own Bronco from scratch, one stolen part at a time

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
...I remember years ago when wire wheels and wire hub caps were hot...(I know,hold the jokes)..My Ford had the wire hubs(168.00 each) taken twice..The insurance company told me after the second time..that's it...any more loss is on me...So I drilled 2 holes (3 and 9)in each on the black part of hubcap...and then drilled into the wheels...and then with hex screws went through the cap into the wheel....they tried a third time...but they couldn't remove them...I don't know what is behind these pieces...but we'll find a way...
Sponsored