mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like that 3m ultra 800 film. If they could put that on vehicle windows, I think it'd be a big plus. I'm in the bay area, I think S.F. is the capitol of vehicle break-ins. Seems like some film like that could really slow down the break-ins.
Exactly👍
Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can call your insurance company and ask about Replacement Cost car insurance. Nerd Wallet has a pretty good summary of what different companies offer. I'll be looking into this for the first year or so.

My company offers up to 110% for the first year, which is probably accurate for the Bronco. It still doesn't mean I can find one, but it would take the sting out of having to replace it.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like that 3m ultra 800 film. If they could put that on vehicle windows, I think it'd be a big plus. I'm in the bay area, I think S.F. is the capitol of vehicle break-ins. Seems like some film like that could really slow down the break-ins.
I would keep in mind that it would also be much harder for you to break out in case of a traffic crash and that was the only way to get out. There's tradeoffs with everything. Just have to weigh the possibilities of each happening.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well, I live like 15 mins from what would be considered Philly... about 45mins to Center City. (I actually work in Center City)

And yeah, I've heard of break ins, but not so much of a car getting stolen.

Growing up in central NJ, my mom and dad both had cars stolen at least once. My dad's 90's blazer was never recovered. My mom's infiniti was stolen right off the dealers lot after she dropped it for service! Surprisingly, it was actually found YEARS later in PA.

But yeah, I see your point. (and other posts) I guess in the southern states it seems to be prevalent.
I grew up in Central Jersey too. Piscataway. Love the state, and the people. Hate the taxes and gun laws.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I grew up in Central Jersey too. Piscataway. Love the state, and the people. Hate the taxes and gun laws.
ha! I grew up in Piscataway. Small world.

I gotta be honest. Don't really miss NJ. I mean, I do and I don't. When I go back to visit family, inlaws, etc... it does remind me of why I'm glad we left. Being a NJian I thought other states didn't know how to drive. Not the case. I now fully understand why car insurance is so high. :LOL:

With you on hating the taxes, however, I'll respectfully disagree on the gun laws. ;). Still not used to it around here.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If someone wants to take the whole rig it will be gone. Nothing you can do. The bigger threat is people stealing your parts. Doors, tops, etc. As more of these hit the trails more of them will get torn up needing parts. That will create the market for second hand (stolen) parts. Tweekers will take anything they can quickly turn into $$. The guy that just went wheeling and banged up a door has a $1000 deductible on his insurance. A new door is expensive and his insurance may go up. Low and behold he finds a cheap replacement on craigslist. It's going to happen.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy that just went wheeling and banged up a door has a $1000 deductible on his insurance. A new door is expensive and his insurance may go up. Low and behold he finds a cheap replacement on craigslist. It's going to happen.
that's a concern for sure. How much does this happen with Wranglers? I read JL rear lights get stolen a lot (also very simple to just pull off the vehicle apparently) and people 'upgrade' to LED that way etc, have not heard of doors being stolen.
Bronco adds the fender flares and the fenders themselves that seem relatively easy to remove, but at least with the fenders it's not just some little thumb screws.

I'm not all that worried, might add a kill switch like Ravelco if I read about lots of theft.

I guess if it's for the occasional security one could also just buy a "boot" from Amazon and pretend to be parking illegally. Just a bit bulky and heavy to have with all the time.

If door or fender theft becomes a thing I'd see about switching out screws to something less common. But in the end, if somebody wants it, they'll get it. That's what insurance is for. Just would suck to have to wait a year for a replacement, that's for sure.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

that's a concern for sure. How much does this happen with Wranglers? I read JL rear lights get stolen a lot (also very simple to just pull off the vehicle apparently) and people 'upgrade' to LED that way etc, have not heard of doors being stolen.
Bronco adds the fender flares and the fenders themselves that seem relatively easy to remove, but at least with the fenders it's not just some little thumb screws.

I'm not all that worried, might add a kill switch like Ravelco if I read about lots of theft.

I guess if it's for the occasional security one could also just buy a "boot" from Amazon and pretend to be parking illegally. Just a bit bulky and heavy to have with all the time.

If door or fender theft becomes a thing I'd see about switching out screws to something less common. But in the end, if somebody wants it, they'll get it. That's what insurance is for. Just would suck to have to wait a year for a replacement, that's for sure.
With Wrangler's spare tires and doors are big theft items. Hit 4 vehicles and you have a new set of tires without the need for a jack. Best defence, park in a garage. Next best, good insurance and a low comp deductible.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

best anti-theft device on the planet !!!!! Put it somewhere only you know where and let the games begin.

Ford Bronco Theft Prevention... 1614298867042

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
With Wrangler's spare tires and doors are big theft items. Hit 4 vehicles and you have a new set of tires without the need for a jack. Best defence, park in a garage. Next best, good insurance and a low comp deductible.
Obviously with the benefit of time and environment, a thief will take whatever they can get.

That being said, personally I would suggest McGard locking lug nuts over Gorilla brand. Having had sets of custom built multi-piece track wheels for my old Evo that were thousands (each wheel), there's been a few attempts at them.

I will be getting a custom set made by McGard that has 10 secure lugs instead of just 5 (two per wheel). If you're already have the key, there being 2 locked lugs is no extra time compared to just 1 locked lug per wheel and it will at least double the thief's time to drill them out.

McGard have survived constant moisture and abuse drastically better than Gorilla. Their key system is also more precise and unique, generating millions of unique combinations. Plus they are 100% made in the USA.

https://shop.mcgard.com/products/au...MIlvGe36KG7wIViR-tBh1ggQzPEAAYASAAEgLatvD_BwE

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it is interesting, but your window is still smashed and in an emergency you can't get out through it (or rescue personnel in). Great working protection, but really just might keep them from stealing your stuff. Or try an other window, and an other window. They don't use bats or hammers, they use emergency window poppers you can get at any hardware store. A quick pop and the glass shatters.

I'm just not gonna leave stuff in there, at least nothing of real value. I had to carry about 40lb of camera gear on a hike once (we were on the way home) since I wasn't gonna leave that in the truck on the side of the freeway. There were still suitcases with dirty laundry and other gear in there. That was not much fun, but the hike was great and I got some nice photos. Of course, in that case nothing happened to the truck either, I just got some extra exercise :-D

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How are we going to handle theft prevention, we all know that when they first hit the road and for at least the first year or two they'll be super unique vehicles, getting a lot of attention, most of it really good but regrettably some of it not so.

The Jeep owners have been facing this challenge since at least 1940, lol, they have some pretty good experience. It would be good to understand what they have found successful and then formulate a strategy, I’m sure you're out there please share, keep me from making the mistakes that would cost money and the Bronco.

I'll be running it commando for as many months of the year as I can. Can't spend all my days worrying about it being there when I get back.
  • What additional Security will we need over and above what comes with the vehicle?
  • What type of kill switch? Should I even install a kill switch? I had one in my CJ5 back in the 80s, but the car is a neanderthal compared to today's vehicles.
  • Steering wheel and pedal locks are just not going to cut it against today's thieves.
  • Installing an additional alarm feel so old school, haven't needed one, so I'm out of touch, what do you think?
With the Bronco having so much technology built in what do you have in mind?

Jason
2 Door, Black Diamond in Area 51, Timestamp: 7/13/2020 at 21:42
OBD blocker.... Can't find what will fit..

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I saw a video that Ford partnered up with ADT and has a new aftermarket security system called CANOPY coming out in 2023. It’s supposed to have smart detection to monitor interior contents and attempted theft. Has some AI features and connects to your phone

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

San francisco got a sandwich parked and watched crooks drive down street while guy walking looked in cars for goodies !

Dont bring your bronco here☹
Can't imagine going into San Francisco. Portland and Seattle, too. Throw LA onto the list. Oh, heck--the entire state of Crazyfornia!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How are we going to handle theft prevention, we all know that when they first hit the road and for at least the first year or two they'll be super unique vehicles, getting a lot of attention, most of it really good but regrettably some of it not so.

The Jeep owners have been facing this challenge since at least 1940, lol, they have some pretty good experience. It would be good to understand what they have found successful and then formulate a strategy, I’m sure you're out there please share, keep me from making the mistakes that would cost money and the Bronco.

I'll be running it commando for as many months of the year as I can. Can't spend all my days worrying about it being there when I get back.
  • What additional Security will we need over and above what comes with the vehicle?
  • What type of kill switch? Should I even install a kill switch? I had one in my CJ5 back in the 80s, but the car is a neanderthal compared to today's vehicles.
  • Steering wheel and pedal locks are just not going to cut it against today's thieves.
  • Installing an additional alarm feel so old school, haven't needed one, so I'm out of touch, what do you think?
With the Bronco having so much technology built in what do you have in mind?

Jason
2 Door, Black Diamond in Area 51, Timestamp: 7/13/2020 at 21:42
H&K 45
Insurance card
and

Ford Bronco Theft Prevention... IMG_1687
Sponsored