Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am here to help offer a solution to the bronco community. Right now I design, and make some catalytic converter antitheft plates for the F-150, and I would love to get my hands on a bronco to make one for. Looking at the pictures posted I think it would be a redesign.

If there is someone in the Houston area, who is concerned about catalytic converter theft, I would love to talk to you about bringing your bronco over to made a plate for it.

Here are a few pictures of my other plates I have made for the F-150 and 4 runner.

108609B8-418C-4CAA-85A8-4AF237940BC9.JPG

Aluminum.jpg

instsalled side.jpg
I like this idea. Subscribed!
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am here to help offer a solution to the bronco community. Right now I design, and make some catalytic converter antitheft plates for the F-150, and I would love to get my hands on a bronco to make one for. Looking at the pictures posted I think it would be a redesign.

If there is someone in the Houston area, who is concerned about catalytic converter theft, I would love to talk to you about bringing your bronco over to made a plate for it.

Here are a few pictures of my other plates I have made for the F-150 and 4 runner.

108609B8-418C-4CAA-85A8-4AF237940BC9.JPG

Aluminum.jpg

instsalled side.jpg
I like the benefit of smoothing out the underside to rock slide ;)

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rhodium is the rare material. It's worth $16,000 per OUNCE. At any rate some fools cut out a piece of exhaust out on a diesel school bus I inspected. Even diesel's aren't safe from a thief. I saw a local video on King5 lately that had one guy with a gun standing watch while the other cut out the cat. Cat theft has increased over 1,300% here in Wa. State in the last year. South Dakota sure does look better everyday.

Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just chiming in because I saw the bump.

Does anyone else think that THIS transfer case skid plate by @ASFIR 4x4 could also double up as decent cat theft deterrent?

Here’s a pic of their skids, but the primary piece I speak of covers the transfer case and most of the cat.

Ford Bronco Catalytic Converter Theft Prevention A8D489B0-BCFD-49A5-970D-F911EF33408C

ASFIR 4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Reut
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.asfir.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV, Toyota Land-Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just chiming in because I saw the bump.

Does anyone else think that THIS transfer case skid plate by @ASFIR 4x4 could also double up as decent cat theft deterrent?

Here’s a pic of their skids, but the primary piece I speak of covers the transfer case and most of the cat.

Ford Bronco Catalytic Converter Theft Prevention A8D489B0-BCFD-49A5-970D-F911EF33408C
@Vico we actually looked into it during the deisgn process, and it seems like the cat-converters are fairly protected as they were placed in a place that's harder to reach thus the design of our skid doesn't cover it to the max.

The cat-conv. theft is a big thing, here in Israel too and we are trying to give it a solution by covering it up with the plates, but as our products are 100% bolt-on, the theives that will want to steal the part will still be able to do so unfortunately (it can help to detere tho).

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With rare metals being disrupted with the Russia/Ukraine war, I want to be proactive in having protection on my cat from day 1 of owning a Bronco.
What’s the latest options available? Deter with partial Asfir plate, or anything else out in the aftermarket?

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the Hills n' Hollers of Mo. $11 million paid to him over 4 years.:mad:

February 10, 2022 5:48 pm ,

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — An Independence man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for selling millions of dollars in stolen catalytic converters to companies in Missouri, Texas and Louisiana.

James Spick, 56, was charged in a 26-count indictment returned under seal by a federal grand jury in Kansas City on Tuesday. The indictment was unsealed and made public Thursday upon Spick’s arrest and initial court appearance.

Spick, the owner of J&J Recycling in Independence, is charged with one count of conspiracy to transport stolen property across state lines since Jan. 1, 2018, and 25 counts of transporting stolen property across state lines.

In his salvage business, Spick primarily buys and resells catalytic converters rather than other automotive parts or recyclable items. Catalytic converters convert toxic gases and pollutants from internal combustion engines into less-toxic pollutants. Catalytic converters contain precious metals such as platinum, rhodium and palladium. Stolen catalytic converters have value because of the precious metals, which can be extracted from the converters.

Beginning in at least 2014, Spick bought catalytic converters at his business from individuals whom he paid in cash. The cash payments attracted thieves, the indictment says, particularly drug addicts. Spick resold the catalytic converters to companies in Missouri, Texas and Louisiana. The Texas and Louisiana companies processed the catalytic converters to extract the precious metals.

Over a four-year period from Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2021, the indictment says, Spick received over $11 million from the sale of catalytic converters.

According to the indictment, Spick withdrew almost $2.5 million in cash from his bank accounts to buy catalytic converters from 2018 to 2021. From Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2021, Spick allegedly sold catalytic converters, including stolen catalytic converters, to a Kansas City, Missouri, scrap company for an approximate total of $3,621,791, and to a Lee’s Summit scrap company for an approximate total of $206,084.

The charges contained in this indictment are simply accusations and not evidence of guilt. Evidence supporting the charges must be presented to a federal trial jury, whose duty is to determine guilt or innocence.

This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Kate Mahoney and Nicholas Heberle. It was investigated by the Lee’s Summit Police Department, the Kansas City, Missouri Police Department and the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Vico we actually looked into it during the deisgn process, and it seems like the cat-converters are fairly protected as they were placed in a place that's harder to reach thus the design of our skid doesn't cover it to the max.

The cat-conv. theft is a big thing, here in Israel too and we are trying to give it a solution by covering it up with the plates, but as our products are 100% bolt-on, the theives that will want to steal the part will still be able to do so unfortunately (it can help to detere tho).
Hey @ASFIR 4x4 - per your website your skid plate was tested on 2.7L vehicles. Do you know if it's been used on 2.3L Broncos? I'm getting a BB 2.3L Manual Transmission (on chip delay...).

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the Metro Detroit area and I never hear about it from friends or see it on the news. Don't think it is as big an issue as some people are making it out to be not in Detroit that is.
I know this is an old thread…In Detroit, they just settle for the entire car. Ask me how I know!!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they are mounted in a not very accessible place on the Bronco? Up behind the engine? Seem to have read that. If it's hard to get, the crooks will go to the easy one parked next to it.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the Hills n' Hollers of Mo. $11 million paid to him over 4 years.:mad:

February 10, 2022 5:48 pm ,

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — An Independence man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for selling millions of dollars in stolen catalytic converters to companies in Missouri, Texas and Louisiana.

James Spick, 56, was charged in a 26-count indictment returned under seal by a federal grand jury in Kansas City on Tuesday. The indictment was unsealed and made public Thursday upon Spick’s arrest and initial court appearance.

Spick, the owner of J&J Recycling in Independence, is charged with one count of conspiracy to transport stolen property across state lines since Jan. 1, 2018, and 25 counts of transporting stolen property across state lines.

In his salvage business, Spick primarily buys and resells catalytic converters rather than other automotive parts or recyclable items. Catalytic converters convert toxic gases and pollutants from internal combustion engines into less-toxic pollutants. Catalytic converters contain precious metals such as platinum, rhodium and palladium. Stolen catalytic converters have value because of the precious metals, which can be extracted from the converters.

Beginning in at least 2014, Spick bought catalytic converters at his business from individuals whom he paid in cash. The cash payments attracted thieves, the indictment says, particularly drug addicts. Spick resold the catalytic converters to companies in Missouri, Texas and Louisiana. The Texas and Louisiana companies processed the catalytic converters to extract the precious metals.

Over a four-year period from Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2021, the indictment says, Spick received over $11 million from the sale of catalytic converters.

According to the indictment, Spick withdrew almost $2.5 million in cash from his bank accounts to buy catalytic converters from 2018 to 2021. From Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2021, Spick allegedly sold catalytic converters, including stolen catalytic converters, to a Kansas City, Missouri, scrap company for an approximate total of $3,621,791, and to a Lee’s Summit scrap company for an approximate total of $206,084.

The charges contained in this indictment are simply accusations and not evidence of guilt. Evidence supporting the charges must be presented to a federal trial jury, whose duty is to determine guilt or innocence.

This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Kate Mahoney and Nicholas Heberle. It was investigated by the Lee’s Summit Police Department, the Kansas City, Missouri Police Department and the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
hope those crooked companies he sold to get slammed too, they must have known that stuff was stolen. They are the reason the market even exists after all. They are the customers of all these crooks.