Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, seems like that cat is well tucked away (at least on the 2.7 I'm getting), so no need to worry I guess.
It's a rampant thing in my town, and this is no slum, you can't buy any house under $1 million here (sure glad we bought 25+ years ago, I'd NEVER pay what my house is supposedly worth now for this place, as much as I like it).
It's organized crews coming through, hitting apartment complexes and mall parking and just cruising around late at night. Takes not much time to remove those and most go into containers to go over seas, like most luxury cars. I'm actually more concerned about my entire Bronco getting stolen and will have a killswitch installed. For a while at least these will be a hot commodity in other countries. Read somewhere on here of a guy who's shipping 10 to Saudi Arabia at $120k a pop. I doubt they care much about it being stolen or not in many countries, as long as they get a brand new one with that new car smell.

Edit to add, no idea how that over the air updating would work, technically it should be super easy for Ford to brick any Bronco that's declared stolen, Ford will always know where each one of these rigs is at any given moment.
Sponsored

Last edited:

G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the Metro Detroit area and I never hear about it from friends or see it on the news. Don't think it is as big an issue as some people are making it out to be not in Detroit that is.
Big problem here for the past 7 years or so. Big news story a few months ago. Several thousand found in a storage unit. Neighbors had theirs stolen off their Prius. I'd be surprised its not happening in Detroit. No one scraps metal there? Like others said, these things have platinum in them. How is that the best thing for oxidizing hydrocarbons? Come on scientist, step it up 😄

-Los Angeles

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Things like the club and these cat locks can be defeated, but it also deters people that just want an easy job on stealing something.
BTW: do you really want a skid plate over the cat? Don't those things run hot, won't all the heat end up in the cab?

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought this was a parody post since there is one about the fender flairs. Still not sure why anyone would want to steal those.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Until I saw this thread, I had never heard of this.
Meth makes you do really stupid shit

sbsdevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the Metro Detroit area and I never hear about it from friends or see it on the news. Don't think it is as big an issue as some people are making it out to be not in Detroit that is.
Metro Detroit bus service for seniors targeted by thieves
More than 50 Pace Southeast Michigan’s buses had their catalytic converters sawed off; other companies reporting incidents

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

AFter never hearing about this before, I literally saw this on the news last night.
Wow
Glad my other car has complete underpanels from bumper to bumper for aero

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best solution? Catless downpipes.

Deleted member 3063

Just got to thinking, why doesn't FORD have some kind of "skid plate" to cover up the easy accessibility to the catalytic converter. In fact, where is / what is the best catalytic converter protection available (other than location, location, location). Seems to me there are way too many catalytic converter thefts and really, not a real good way to prevent a "SAWZALL/GRINDER cutting wheel " from getting through such things as Stainless Steel Wire Rope - just cut off the bracket/lock. I'm thinking a "skid plate" covering the catalytic converter, attached to the FRAME may be the best route to go. In fact, I also have a FORD F550 - V10 and would love to know what's the best protection for that catalytic convertor as well. All thoughts, opinions, recommendations very much appreciated. Cheers,
It's a tough ask though Fords add on perimeter security system might deter the amateur thief. The shock sensor might detect the bad actors.

Sponsored

G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought this was a parody post since there is one about the fender flairs. Still not sure why anyone would want to steal those.
Platinum

Talon2006

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150l, 91 Eagle Talo n
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am here to help offer a solution to the bronco community. Right now I design, and make some catalytic converter antitheft plates for the F-150, and I would love to get my hands on a bronco to make one for. Looking at the pictures posted I think it would be a redesign.

If there is someone in the Houston area, who is concerned about catalytic converter theft, I would love to talk to you about bringing your bronco over to made a plate for it.

Here are a few pictures of my other plates I have made for the F-150 and 4 runner.

108609B8-418C-4CAA-85A8-4AF237940BC9.JPG

Aluminum.jpg

instsalled side.jpg

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s pretty bad here too. So bad that the recycling place I called had to ask me, “are they yours?” :LOL:
just trying to stack Bronco funds

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've lost like 7 cats in the last 30 years in my town. There isn't much you can do. Move or be prepared.
Wow, at that rate, I would just beat them to the punch & remove it myself. It will be 6 years before the 1st smog & if questioned before then just say some Douchebag took it. ;)
Sponsored