First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would love to wire a “kill switch” to one of my AUX switches. I just need one of the more mechanically gifted fellows on this board to post a step-by-step.
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Many good ideas have been posted. Faraday bag for the fob, battery disconnect switch, lock it up (so many forget that one). On accessories...use red locktite (or blue). Lock it up in the garage or behind locked gates.
MY CONCERN: Modern vehicles are more difficult to steal.....one reason we have seen an increase in CAR JACKINGS. That is my concern over outright theft....carjacking the vehicle from you so they can have access to the FOB. Know your local and State laws but maybe it is time to arm one's self (firearm, pepper spray, etc). These vehicles stand out, are in high demand and would get a good price on the black market.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many good ideas have been posted. Faraday bag for the fob, battery disconnect switch, lock it up (so many forget that one). On accessories...use red locktite (or blue). Lock it up in the garage or behind locked gates.
MY CONCERN: Modern vehicles are more difficult to steal.....one reason we have seen an increase in CAR JACKINGS. That is my concern over outright theft....carjacking the vehicle from you so they can have access to the FOB. Know your local and State laws but maybe it is time to arm one's self (firearm, pepper spray, etc). These vehicles stand out, are in high demand and would get a good price on the black market.
Show me where Broncos are being carjacked, or even stolen, or are on the black market. I have not seen a single instance..

I live in a terrible neighborhood, my garage has been broken into twice in the past, AND I've been held up at gunpoint before, but I'm still not concerned.

Just be smart. It's not the Hope Diamond

Around here you need to worry about Hyundais and Kias, people Just walk off with them

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So far, they're mostly stolen by nefarious dealers from order holders and the buying public with deep pockets.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are living somewhere where stolen cars are a problem, the thieves are likely using devices to grab the code for the key or even simpler, they have a tow truck and a cable cutter. Cut the battery cable from under the vehicle, hook it up to tow it, and goodbye vehicle. They take it somewhere that they can spend more time.

Cutting the battery cable takes out most security systems.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are living somewhere where stolen cars are a problem, the thieves are likely using devices to grab the code for the key or even simpler, they have a tow truck and a cable cutter. Cut the battery cable from under the vehicle, hook it up to tow it, and goodbye vehicle. They take it somewhere that they can spend more time.

Cutting the battery cable takes out most security systems.
Good luck to them getting to my battery cables from below the vehicle. In the 2.7L engine, the cables are difficult to access in the base case, but on mine, they would have to remove a 63-lb, 3/16"-thick, aftermarket steel skid plate first, and that ain't gonna happen in a parking lot. 😂

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would love to wire a “kill switch” to one of my AUX switches. I just need one of the more mechanically gifted fellows on this board to post a step-by-step.
Not a mechanically gifted fellow by any stretch I'm not sure what you want to do with the factory aux switch is all that feasible...my understanding is that those switches only work when the vehicle is running or in accessory mode, and their control signal may even be 'managed' by the BCM.

1. Enable SecuriAlerts in the FordPass app to receive notifications if anyone opens a door or hood; then you can immediately report the incident to police via the app &/or honk the horn and flash the lights to alert others of the unauthorized entry.

2. Install aftermarket skid plates to make it more difficult for thieves to steal the catalytic converter.
Do SecuriAlerts actually give you real-time notifications on your phone? It doesn't on mine - it only notifies me once I open the FordPass app...and I've already played with notification settings endlessly.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Show me where Broncos are being carjacked, or even stolen, or are on the black market. I have not seen a single instance..

I live in a terrible neighborhood, my garage has been broken into twice in the past, AND I've been held up at gunpoint before, but I'm still not concerned.

Just be smart. It's not the Hope Diamond

Around here you need to worry about Hyundais and Kias, people Just walk off with them
I never said any have been carjacked. 1. I believe it is a risk because of 2 main issues; These are a high demand and expensive item and 2. They are more difficult to just outright steal them. It is a reported fact that carjackings are up because newer vehicles are much more difficult to steal from a technology stand point. "Just be smart"...with that we agree. Former LEO here and you cannot be too careful anymore.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do SecuriAlerts actually give you real-time notifications on your phone? It doesn't on mine - it only notifies me once I open the FordPass app...and I've already played with notification settings endlessly.
They did on mine, at least up until my SNYC 4 APIM failed. That's been dead for several weeks now, awaiting a back-ordered replacement part. My FordPass app currently shows the wrong date (January 16, 2000), and an OTA update hasn't loaded in almost 6 weeks (6/14/22). 🤷‍♂️

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure if it’s feasible or not on newer vehicles. Used to be able to put a switch inline with the brake pedal switch.

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a mechanically gifted fellow by any stretch I'm not sure what you want to do with the factory aux switch is all that feasible...my understanding is that those switches only work when the vehicle is running or in accessory mode, and their control signal may even be 'managed' by the BCM.

Sponsored