Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

locked or unlocked makes zero difference to a thief, unlocked means less crap to deal with for the owner. Don't ever leave anything of value in a car, simple as that. Nobody here would put valuable things into a locked glass box on the side of the road. Same thing with a car, it's a locked glass box. Locks keep a random opportunists out, but not the determined. And getting into a (gun)fight over something stupid as a truck is just not all that smart. I'm sure not gonna risk a long prison sentence over my Bronco, nor the crazy legal fees you'll need in court. Not worth it. That's why we all spend thousands on insurance over the years, might as well get that money back if the worst thing happens.
Sponsored

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
He will fit better in the back of my 4 door FE than my TJ.....but he's closing in on 140lbs so I might have GVWR issuesšŸ˜†
Very protective though

20201024_210625.jpg
I also have one of those anti-theft devices, his strategy is to leave so much drool on the steering wheel while I'm gone that no one other than his mother would dare touch it.

Ford Bronco Theft Prevention... 60161405-B9E6-45EF-B746-1FB1CEBCF4BC.JPG

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should...your Tahoe is on the list....Honda civics, Silverado's, and tailgates from any truck!...at least here in Texas!
Catalytic converter theft is a big thing now.

BonzosBronco

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Explorer, RIP 89 Bronco XLT, 2020 FTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone looking at the security raised lid hard tops by Tuffy? Like to keep my clubs in the back and was considering this so someone doesnā€™t walk by and lift them out

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recently had my window smashed on my truck while my wife and I went biking in Kerrville, TX. It was in a fairly well-trafficked park so Iā€™m sure it was a very quick smash and (attempted) grab. Been researching window treatments that would slow a thief down in that scenario (and reduce the shards of glass in the vehicle). We will see about that. Leaving a vehicle sitting at a trail head/remote camp site thatā€™s loaded up with proper recovery gear, repair tools, off-road power accessories, camping gear, etc. is certainly not for the faint of heart or the poorly insured. Gotta get out there, though. Lifeā€™s too short.

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My '20 Tremor has been broken into and almost stolen twice in 4 months. Ravelco kill switch saved it.
Just looked at the Ravelco site. This looks like a winner solution to me.
How much damage did they do in the breakins?

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just looked at the Ravelco site. This looks like a winner solution to me.
How much damage did they do in the breakins?
Broke door handle the first time and tried to program a key but it didn't work, them I got ravelco. Second time the pulled the computer and wiring harness out of the truck to swap the computer and drive off but ravelco stopped them. They decided to break my door lock even more than it already was for no reason and also broke my passenger window a little for no reason.

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Broke door handle the first time and tried to program a key but it didn't work, them I got ravelco. Second time the pulled the computer and wiring harness out of the truck to swap the computer and drive off but ravelco stopped them. They decided to break my door lock even more than it already was for no reason and also broke my passenger window a little for no reason.
Ravelco may have stopped them but you canā€™t just swap PCMs anymore. The PCM is paired and needs a handshake with the BCM and TCM. The only way around this is a dealership tool to reassign the handshake to a new module.

Now maybe your car thieves work at a dealership....

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ravelco may have stopped them but you canā€™t just swap PCMs anymore. The PCM is paired and needs a handshake with the BCM and TCM. The only way around this is a dealership tool to reassign the handshake to a new module.

Now maybe your car thieves work at a dealership....
I've heard bcm swaps still work on this truck at least. They didn't drive the truck off the first time probably because it was a 2020 and they couldn't program a new key. Maybe this time it's the wrong bcm along with ravelco stopping them. When I was inspecting the truck the main block harnesses were unplugged under the hood too. Luckily I was able to plug everything back in and she fired right up.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Recently had my window smashed on my truck while my wife and I went biking in Kerrville, TX. It was in a fairly well-trafficked park so Iā€™m sure it was a very quick smash and (attempted) grab. Been researching window treatments that would slow a thief down in that scenario (and reduce the shards of glass in the vehicle). We will see about that. Leaving a vehicle sitting at a trail head/remote camp site thatā€™s loaded up with proper recovery gear, repair tools, off-road power accessories, camping gear, etc. is certainly not for the faint of heart or the poorly insured. Gotta get out there, though. Lifeā€™s too short.
There are window films for buildings that make it extremely difficult to gain entry. Many schools have went with this to help prevent active shooters. 3M makes a pretty well regarded version. I am sure that has been scaled down to vehicle use by now.
Sponsored