Sponsored

How vulnerable is Bronco's catalytic converter to theft ?

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford wisely positioned the Bronco's catalytic convertor on the V6 immediately behind the exhaust manifold so it's tucked way up in the engine compartment. That makes it very difficult to steal since they can't get at the front of it. Most other trucks have it easily accessible under the vehicle frame. Manufacturers are redesigning newer vehicles similarly with the catalytic converters in inaccessible locations. So I would think Bronco owners don't have to worry too much about this. You're more likely to have the whole Bronco stolen than the catalytic converter alone. Invest in a faraday box for your key fobs.

BroncoCats - 1.jpeg

BroncoV6EcoExhaustAnnotated.jpg

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford wisely positioned the Bronco's catalytic convertor on the V6 immediately behind the exhaust manifold so it's tucked way up in the engine compartment. That makes it very difficult to steal since they can't get at the front of it. Most other trucks have it easily accessible under the vehicle frame. Manufacturers are redesigning newer vehicles similarly with the catalytic converters in inaccessible locations. So I would think Bronco owners don't have to worry too much about this. You're more likely to have the whole Bronco stolen than the catalytic converter alone. Invest in a faraday box for your key fobs.
Yep, I agree: "Invest in a faraday box for your key fobs." Or, another suggestion: Vonetti Alpha Shield Smart Car Key Signal Protector
https://www.amazon.com/VONETTI-Shie...-495e-b087-4d3efeedab43&ref_=sspa_dk_detail_1

Vonetti Alpha Shield Smart Car Key Signal Protector.jpg

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, some people think twice when they know the owner is armed.
If I was a criminal id look for exactly those stickers and target those vehicles to acquire a blaster free of charge. Better to be a grey man. One might add a sticker of disinformation to protect ones self.
Sponsored