First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just guessing on this, but I'll bet a "smart thief" will know how to disable the FordPass GPS system on the Bronco. I don't have any experience with LoJack, but I decided to give it a try - hopefully it's a waste of money and never gets tested...
I know when I got my Atlas, I got some kind of paint on computer chip thingy, that I had to paint in areas that weren't obvious. That was how the vehicle was tracked if it were stolen. It was called the "Vehicle DNA kit"

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tuck and AirTag away in your vehicle somewhere.

jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No experience with LoJack but I say go for it. My Chevy Silverado 1500 High Country was stolen from a mall parking lot. Definitely a pro job. No broken glass and they deactivated OnStar which I'm told was primarily in the rear view mirror. I did not have a subscription to OnStar but the police said they could use it without one. No luck.

This time around I'm having a kill switch installed in one of the aux switches and thinking about LoJack. Good luck!

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

would be nice if you could brick it remotely, 'deactivate stolen Bronco' and it throws on the hazard lights and slows down until it stops or warns the thief to pull over, car will stop running in 30 seconds or something like that. Probably too much liability involved. But it would be fun. Then lock the doors permanently and turn on the heater until the cops can show up :-D
WWOJD? (What Would OJ Do) if he had this on Al's Bronco? We would have never seen "The chase" :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you're up against pros you can forget all of these things though, it'll be in a container to nowhere within hours, if that long. To keep your run of the mill or even more advanced thief at bay, kill switch is the best IMO. Yes, they can trailer it, but then we're already in the pro league.

For now I bought a faraday box to keep my key fobs in at home, so nobody can come up with a scanner and clone it and I might give Ravelco a call to get that killswitch installed if I start reading about lots of stolen Broncos. They won't be easy to sell in the US, probably would go down south to the cartels or to the oil countries for desert racing fun by some billionaire kid. Or parted out immediately, while parts are so scarce, but I kind of doubt that.

The club is kind of useless, so easy to defeat with a cordless saw to the steering wheel, I long ago stopped using mine.

But I'm also not gonna get overly paranoid, I have insurance for a reason. Let's just hope these don't make too much of a target.

Do top of the line Wranglers get stolen much? Rubi with the V8?

seanoj

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 1984 Porsche stolen 6 or so years back. Had Lojack on it (actually forgot I had it for a day or two after stolen).

The LAPD found the car as they have a Lojack receiver on the helicopters. Took just a few hours.

The cops told me these thieves (gang members) will park the car somewhere with the battery disconnected (mine was under a cover) for several days to be sure the Lojack battery will die. Then they start chopping...

I love the idea of a kill switch. Going to look into this. I used to put the fuel pump on a hidden switch in my old beater cars. The car would start and run for a second, then die. Any further attempts were just starter cranking...

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got this from a buddy that lives on the other side of San Antonio from me.
Ford Bronco LOJACK / THEFT TRACKING Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 7.57.03 PM

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like FordPass is making changes to it's security features. Making Lojack, et al. obsolete.

Ford Bronco LOJACK / THEFT TRACKING 208024FB-3E29-408A-960E-176402B8CA5F_1_105_c

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the RAVELCO anti theft system installed.

Chuck came to my house and installed it in approx 5 hrs.

My dealer said they are excellent, expensive ($600- 700) but pretty much the only way thieves get the car is carjacked or towed on a flatbed.

I got two extra keys. if you go on their website everything is explained.

several of my friends are also having it installed.

installation was neat, no advertising. I was told NOT to put the RAVELCO sticker on the car because then the thieves know what they are up against and might go to other unpleasant extremes to get their hands on my car.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Petty criminals that break into vehicles lack the brain cells for shit like that. I would bet for the most part you'd be fine. Unless of course you transport things of a certain nature.
who you calling petty?
Ford Bronco LOJACK / THEFT TRACKING download (1)

Steelbama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma/2015 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10 years ago, Lojack was awesome. As others said above... There are cheaper solutions available in 2022.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer offers this and will throw in PPF with it for $699.

Any updates or thoughts on if I should do it?

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been very interested in a kill switch. Just no idea where to wire it.
Sponsored