First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 galaxie /2017 f450 /2021 f150 / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hooked my blue ox tow system and the Curt wire harness in three hours On my bronco .Now I have used this same system on my f150. But it’s pretty simple if you have a little electrical and mechanic skills . And if your RV has a 7 way plug. Just change the Curt harness plug to a 7 way. Drill a whole through the bumper. You really don’t see it unless you are looking.. you can also run a hot and ground from your bronco battery to the 7 way plug and your RV charge’s the bronco battery while you tow
Sponsored

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 galaxie /2017 f450 /2021 f150 / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is for a 2021. Doesn’t say it’s compatible with the 22’ w/led lights.
has anyone wired in the diodes for the led lights?
Same set up

OP
OP

Deerslayer

Badlands
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F250 king ranch, 2019 Yukon Denali, 2022 bron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone wired the led taillights with the diodes for flat tow behind an RV that can share a pic or a diagram?

Sponsored

delynn.gibson

Outer Banks
First Name
Delynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outerbanks and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is for a 2021. Doesn’t say it’s compatible with the 22’ w/led lights.
has anyone wired in the diodes for the led lights?
With the curt wiring harness you will only have the red lights operating as brake light and turn signal. The yellow turn signal light that is on the Bronco will not work with this harness. I have 2 plug and play harnesses and neither will operate the left turn signal lights. I finally gave up because the all the lights work however the turn signals are red instead of yellow. Curt will tell you that if you call them but it is not in the instructions.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the curt wiring harness you will only have the red lights operating as brake light and turn signal. The yellow turn signal light that is on the Bronco will not work with this harness. I have 2 plug and play harnesses and neither will operate the left turn signal lights. I finally gave up because the all the lights work however the turn signals are red instead of yellow. Curt will tell you that if you call them but it is not in the instructions.
The issue is the brake lights must be red and the turn signal can be either red or yellow. For the turn signal lights to be separate from the brake lights requires a 5 wire system. Almost all motorhome trailer plugs are setup for a 4 wire system were the brake and turn signal use the same lamp. It requires a special converter to change a 4 wire to a 5 wire system.

delynn.gibson

Outer Banks
First Name
Delynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outerbanks and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The issue is the brake lights must be red and the turn signal can be either red or yellow. For the turn signal lights to be separate from the brake lights requires a 5 wire system. Almost all motorhome trailer plugs are setup for a 4 wire system were the brake and turn signal use the same lamp. It requires a special converter to change a 4 wire to a 5 wire system.
Yes, I remember them saying that there were 5 wires on the Bronco lights and only 4 from the RV.

law

Badlands
First Name
Larlar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have led lights on my 23. the diodes are different than the usual ones due to led not using 12 v. I went with the curt harness. It works perfectly. It has the trailer attachment too. I just zip tied that off

CURT 58992 search amazon

Mhguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
43’ motorhome, 14 Jeep jku toad, 2014 F150 toad
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am trying to get the Curt 58992 wiring harness to work with my 2023 Bronco, with the LED tail lights.
When connected to my 2008 Monaco motorhome, all the lights work correctly, until I have a turn signal on, and apply the brakes. When brakes are applied, the stop lights over ride the turn signal, and the turn signal stops working, and the stop lights are on.
Curt is clueless about what to do.
The Curt harness has 4 diodes wired in that are supposed to cure this problem ??
All ideas appreciated !
Greg

Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am trying to get the Curt 58992 wiring harness to work with my 2023 Bronco, with the LED tail lights.
When connected to my 2008 Monaco motorhome, all the lights work correctly, until I have a turn signal on, and apply the brakes. When brakes are applied, the stop lights over ride the turn signal, and the turn signal stops working, and the stop lights are on.
Curt is clueless about what to do.
The Curt harness has 4 diodes wired in that are supposed to cure this problem ??
All ideas appreciated !
Greg
Does the coach lights work correctly?
When you put the Bronco into Tow Mode the Bronco brake lights are disabled.

Last edited:

Mhguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The coach lights work perfectly.
I HAVE NOT put the Bronco in tow mode while connected to the MH. Didn’t know the Bronco brake lights were disabled in tow mode. Will check it out in the next few days, after our spring snow melts here in Reno !!
Thanks for your input!!

Mhguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
grtharris,
you are absolutely correct!!!
I was able to hook the Bronco to my MH yesterday. I put the Bronco into flat tow mode, and all of the lights worked on the Bronco & the MH !!!
Problem solved, THANKS TO YOU!!!!!
I have read everything I could find, about flat tow wiring, and never found any reference to the Bronco lights being disabled while in flat row mode! You saved the day!
THANK YOU!!
Safe travels….
Greg

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

grtharris,
you are absolutely correct!!!
I was able to hook the Bronco to my MH yesterday. I put the Bronco into flat tow mode, and all of the lights worked on the Bronco & the MH !!!
Problem solved, THANKS TO YOU!!!!!
I have read everything I could find, about flat tow wiring, and never found any reference to the Bronco lights being disabled while in flat row mode! You saved the day!
THANK YOU!!
Safe travels….
Greg
That gtharris, he's a wealth of knowledge. I always test mine after hook up but before neutral tow, but i never do brake and turn at the same time. I guess I'll have try it, learn something everyday.

Mhguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
dgorsett, before, on my MH, when I activate a turn signal, and then apply the brakes, the turn signals would stop working, and the clicker noise would stop.
That’s how I knew the turn signals weren’t working.
your coach may be different!

I will be totally anal about checking everything before I tow the Bronco 6 inches!!!!
Thanks for your input!
Greg
Sponsored