Sponsored

Food for thought. Take a minute and consider.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great post! Yeah I think it's easy to dismiss the effects the pandemic has had on the whole world. Really quite amazing that supply markets aren't even worse. Waiting a bit longer for a Bronco is small potatoes for me.
Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
SO take a second and breathe before lashing out or thinking things aren't getting handled the way they should, in the time you think they should.
Yeah, it sucks to wait, and now wait even longer. But nothing we say or do will change it.
Remember the serenity prayer.
It certainly applies here.
Peace, my bros and sisters!
Thank you! Seems one of the greatest challenges these days is to maintain a positive mental attitude. Your post helps to achieve that goal. Of course, for those who are challenged reading longer posts, maybe this pic will put a smile on their face. ;)

Ford Bronco Food for thought. Take a minute and consider. WFP

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We are ALL inconvenienced (at the low end of the spectrum) all the way to completely livid and dumping the Bronc for something else (high end of the spectrum) for various reasons.
Timelines didn't pan out as we were either told, led to believe, or assumed.
Parts availability on the B&P, and now with the tops being a delay factor.
Parts available on some builds but not others when we had our hearts set on a certain build that is impossible from the factory (but possible after the fact).
Soooo many grievances and let-downs.
And it permeates this forum like the plague with members going at each other now, arguing over things none of us can control.
I'm just a regular guy on here who always tries to be fair, play the Devil's advocate, tries to boost up my 6G family. so if you don't agree with what I am about to say, that's ok too. It doesn't mean I dislike you or want to argue. It's just something to ponder, no right or wrong answer or conclusion.
Long story short:
I am not surprised by the delay. Not one bit.
Am I bummed? Well, yeah. Am I turning my back on my dream? No.
In this new world we all face (every person on this planet whether you are a school child or a CEO or leader of a nation), these are unprecedented times. We are all STILL in plan B mode, reaction mode, survival mode.
I am a plant manager. I see first-hand how it affects manufacturing, manpower, forecasts, and scheduling. Not to mention $.
Some on here are not in the manufacturing world and think C-19 shouldn't affect a business' means of providing a good or service.
Nothing is further from the truth.
C-19 is a kick in the gut in this sector.
WE, at our plant, have faced shortages from parts, supplies, PPE (Neoprene gloves were $4 a box, now $18 if you can find them), manpower.
Our customer faces the same challenges.
Production is down to about 20% of what it was a year ago due to ALL of the factors C-19 throws in the mix.
SO take a second and breathe before lashing out or thinking things aren't getting handled the way they should, in the time you think they should.
Yeah, it sucks to wait, and now wait even longer. But nothing we say or do will change it.
Sorry, not going to let Ford use Covid as cover another screwed up rollout.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Agreed, SHIT happens!

But...

In my Professional carreer Covid-19 or not you should never be at the mercy your suppliers.

Corona has been a thing for a year now, Ford has had plenty of time to come up with a contingency plan for every scenario.

I’m calling BS but I’ll patiently wait for my FE., topless or not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I like least about you is your calm pragmatic nature. Following closely behind that is also that we don't get to hang out and grab a beer while talking cars sometime!

Meanwhile, i'm over here making some new whitewalls for the '61 and still stewing about the user who was furious that Ford doesn't have user-selected contrast stitching on Bronco because it clashes with his color scheme.

What do you think for a '61 T-bird, 2.5", 2.75" or 3" whites on a set of Radial T/A's that have the sidewalls smoothed?
We certainly should have a cold one and talk cars one day!
and on the 61, if you’re goin white walls, go all in on the 3”. Skinny just doesn’t look as retro, or as good. Looks like tires someone bought used off of grandma’s 76 Dodge Aspen with the skinny whites.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We certainly should have a cold one and talk cars one day!
and on the 61, if you’re goin white walls, go all in on the 3”. Skinny just doesn’t look as retro, or as good. Looks like tires someone bought used off of grandma’s 76 Dodge Aspen with the skinny whites.
How

Ford Bronco Food for thought. Take a minute and consider. jonah_the-f[1]

Did you know what my Gam-Gam drove? Are you stalking her? She lived through the civil war*, she might kill you for that!

Edit: And yea, planning on maxing out the whitewall width. Just checking to see how you would respond. You passed the test.

* Croatian, not US.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are ALL inconvenienced (at the low end of the spectrum) all the way to completely livid and dumping the Bronc for something else (high end of the spectrum) for various reasons.
Timelines didn't pan out as we were either told, led to believe, or assumed.
Parts availability on the B&P, and now with the tops being a delay factor.
Parts available on some builds but not others when we had our hearts set on a certain build that is impossible from the factory (but possible after the fact).
Soooo many grievances and let-downs.
And it permeates this forum like the plague with members going at each other now, arguing over things none of us can control.
I'm just a regular guy on here who always tries to be fair, play the Devil's advocate, tries to boost up my 6G family. so if you don't agree with what I am about to say, that's ok too. It doesn't mean I dislike you or want to argue. It's just something to ponder, no right or wrong answer or conclusion.
Long story short:
I am not surprised by the delay. Not one bit.
Am I bummed? Well, yeah. Am I turning my back on my dream? No.
In this new world we all face (every person on this planet whether you are a school child or a CEO or leader of a nation), these are unprecedented times. We are all STILL in plan B mode, reaction mode, survival mode.
I am a plant manager. I see first-hand how it affects manufacturing, manpower, forecasts, and scheduling. Not to mention $.
Some on here are not in the manufacturing world and think C-19 shouldn't affect a business' means of providing a good or service.
Nothing is further from the truth.
C-19 is a kick in the gut in this sector.
WE, at our plant, have faced shortages from parts, supplies, PPE (Neoprene gloves were $4 a box, now $18 if you can find them), manpower.
Our customer faces the same challenges.
Production is down to about 20% of what it was a year ago due to ALL of the factors C-19 throws in the mix.
Are you trying to write this ee cummings style?

Sponsored

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol.... I think you forgot to read the post before you came in to complain.

They haven't said that they wouldn't eventually give us X-plan either.

Maybe it will happen. Maybe it won't. Who knows. Not much you can do about it but hope and deal with whatever happens in the end.
It will happen and Ford WILL offer X-Plan and other discounts (either in financing or rebates) and even lease specials. It just most likely won't happen for the first year or two as they already probably have more orders than they can handle for the first few months.

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only reason the recent turn of events have me in my feelings is because I've went from a "F--k it. You only live once." mentality (read: drop a boatload of money on a tricked out 2-Door Badlands, whose features I may never fully use) to a more conservative mentality (read: "I can get a Bronco Sport Badlands, save a ton of money, and...did I mention save a ton of money?). I like striking while the iron is hot and I'm afraid that if anymore time passes, I'm gonna end up with a new vehicle that is waaaay less badass than the 2-Door Carbonized Gray Badlands that I've been drooling over for months.

That being said, the OP is 100% on point. Nothing has been normal this year. What makes us expect that this process somehow would be the lone exception?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When i got out of the service i needed an apartment the city i was in was at max rentals hardly anything available,i talked with a property manager and she had something for me.
It was a saturday and i was supposed the only person seeing it when i got there there were 20 or so ready to enter my apt! We all got competive and pissy and it was going to get ugly . I remember filling out my credit form and handing over my references ,the lady kinda laughed when she took it as i left.
I didnt get the apt but i met a cool girl there and we got one together for about 4 years❤lol .
The point is we all came this far and we are all screwed and at the mercy of ford ,theres a reward somewhere at the end if we stick it out( unless the 392 jeep gets a stick)
release the pigdons and throw the chairs and id gladly have a beer with most of yall when this is over.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

id gladly have a beer with most of yall when this is over.
If it came down to a Bronco or beer I'd take beer all day long.

I'll be happy when the day comes that I have both and I know as long as I have that Bronco I'll always be able to awkwardly open beer bottles.
Sponsored