Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
transportation is just as important!
eh, it's a stretch to say this in the context of new car availability/pricing. No one 'needs' a new car, especially one that has extremely limited availability.

No way to cut it, a new Bronco is not a true necessity lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sooner

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even under price gouging laws, sellers are allowed to raise prices due to market demand. For example, in Texas when Harvey hit and restricted gasoline production, all North Texas gas stations raised their prices across the board from $2.00 a gallon to $3.99 immediately. This is allowed by Texas law.

In the case of the Bronco it wouldn't apply because a dealer can state that there are other vehicles available on their lot at or below MSRP and they are fairly pricing a high demand/low supply vehicle.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I did get it on sale, however even with the promo special 12 month same as cash they will collect 2 payments before I can fill it with beer purchased at no more than MSRP.
That’s a good analogy - you can buy lots of different brands of beer, and craft beer generally costs more than Coors or Bud because it has a higher mark-up. And if you buy from a 24hr convenience store you can pay more than if you buy the same beer at Costco.

As far as the Bronco goes, you do have choice; buy a Jeep or Toyota instead, for example. There’s other products “on the shelf” to pick from.

It would be a different story if all brands and all dealers were all above ADM on all models - that’s collusion. But like others have said, if someone has to have a Bronco now and is willing to pay well over MSRP for a depreciating commodity that will be in good supply in a few years, that’s not the dealer’s fault. People are lining up to pay over MSRP for a luxury item. Kinda like a nice bottle of reserve wine…

Sponsored

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you had an item for sale wouldn’t you want to get the maximum selling price that the market would bear? you’d be a fool not to. The dealers are no different. They are running a business to make money. (I’m in now way condoning dealers who try to force adm on reservation holders after the fact).

A Bronco is simply not a necessity purchase for anyone.
If you order something on a website, like a pair of sneakers at a listed price, then get them sent to you with $20 added would you accept the order? Would you ever buy again from that business? There is no limit as to what businesses can and will do for an extra buck, but Tesla is worth what all the US manufacturers are worth combined. To stay relevant, legacy manufacturers must earn respect and loyalty. It is not just given to them.

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LMAO, if it's necessary that you have a vehicle go buy a Camry or any other of the hundreds of models of cars that aren't marked up. Comparing a Bronco to the same level as necessity as a generator or bottled water during a natural disaster is a bad look

LowerDixie77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no problem with folks making money. But if your dealer said they’d sell you the Bronco at MSRP when you ordered, in writing or not, that’s what should happen. If they add ADM when it arrives and you didn’t know it was coming, that’s is BS and shouldn’t be tolerated. Any dealer that knowingly misleads its customers is open to public ridicule and should be exposed. Those that honestly deal with customers should be appreciated. My 2 cents worth.

Hillyard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 4x4, SVTF, Mazda3, Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ADM is only hurting Ford, people who are wanting a Bronco will instead just go buy a Jeep for MSRP or below in most cases. It's not like this is intentionally a low volume vehicle.

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're not entitled to anyone else's stuff at the price you dictate.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think a leisure bad ass off road vehicle is considered a necessity. Sure we're in some dark automotive production days, but you can always buy a kia or mitsubishi faster than you can order/buy a bronco at msrp.
"your honor, this is bs because i need this fkn bronco, sir. "

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ADM is only hurting Ford, people who are wanting a Bronco will instead just go buy a Jeep for MSRP or below in most cases. It's not like this is intentionally a low volume vehicle.
The thing is in my area, Wranglers have a 5K market adjustment on them.

I don't have issues with dealer stock having ADMs on it, but if its a special order, that is another thing all together. They pretty much have a guaranteed sale and if the buyer backs out, its free game.

I'm also against people flipping their vehicles (if they got two reservations etc) because they are just as slimy as the dealerships for doing that.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it really hurting Ford if demand is outpacing supply and 2021 models sold out with 2022 looking to be the same? Until lots are overstocked with broncos and they have to mark them down, Ford isn't losing.
They might lose some potential buyers or "loyalists", but if theres 50 folks ready to take their place, they're not really losing are they?
Are corvette enthusiasts like this with the new one? They're still a bit hard to buy, especially at msrp with the exception of a few outliers which happens with every high demand small supply vehicle

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sure we're in some dark automotive production days, but you can always buy a kia or mitsubishi faster than you can order/buy a bronco at msrp.
Depending on where you live and what you want, almost EVERYTHING is marked up. I went dealership browsing in my area Sunday and that was the case for nearly everything I saw.

Give it another 6-9 months and we might not be in that situation.

At a local dealership I was at, I saw the following:

Bronco Wildtrack/Badlands marked 30K

Maverick marked up 5K! I laughed at one. It was just under 40K since was a better equipped one.

Higher End Explorers marked up 5K (had less then 6 of them on the lot)

A Mach E only marked up 2.5K, which suprised me

Didn't notice any markups on the Escapes or F-150s, but the F-150s where the best stocked on the lot.

A friend of ours got a Kia recently and it had 2.5K markup on it.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depending on where you live and what you want, almost EVERYTHING is marked up. I went dealership browsing in my area Sunday and that was the case for nearly everything I saw.

Give it another 6-9 months and we might not be in that situation.

At a local dealership I was at, I saw the following:

Bronco Wildtrack/Badlands marked 30K

Maverick marked up 5K! I laughed at one. It was just under 40K since was a better equipped one.

Higher End Explorers marked up 5K (had less then 6 of them on the lot)

A Mach E only marked up 2.5K, which suprised me

Didn't notice any markups on the Escapes or F-150s, but the F-150s where the best stocked on the lot.

A friend of ours got a Kia recently and it had 2.5K markup on it.
Apparently things will be getting worse before they get better
https://jalopnik.com/the-car-shortage-is-about-to-get-a-whole-lot-worse-1847892481
Sponsored