Sponsored

For those w/ Sync4 Module Failure, how long till replacement module arrived/fixed?

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So after a 574 day wait, I picked up my bronco on 3/19 (Saturday), drove it back to the from the dealership that day, and then the next morning drove across down to grab some breakfast (Kolaches!). When getting back in the Bronco, the 8" screen was black, and would occasionally try to boot, but freeze up. I obviously tried the hard reset (hold volume/power and forward scan buttons down together for 10 seconds) and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes to no avail. I called my dealership that monday (3/21), and they were able to diagnose it that Thursday (3/24) as a sync4 module failure, and they have to order a new sync4 module. While I do have a Ford case worker on the issue and appreciate that they called me on Saturday to keep me informed they're still on it, I still don't have an update on when the sync4 module will arrive at the dealer and when I can get this fixed. I figured it would be put on a somewhat high priority as it's a safety issue with no backup camera on a vehicle that really needs it nevertheless a government mandated feature sold on every vehicle since 2018, let alone not have any music or be able to see interior temperature/fan settings.

Anyone else have to get a new sync4 module? How long did it take for Ford to ship it to the dealership and finally get it fixed? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand the frustration, and the backup camera is very nice, but in my opinion not really a safety issue on a bronco. F250 crew cab long bed, sure. Bronco not so sure. Most cars have been fine with out them since the Benz motor car in 1886, and it didn't have a top either.

Not poking fun, just sayin.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand the frustration, and the backup camera is very nice, but in my opinion not really a safety issue on a bronco. F250 crew cab long bed, sure. Bronco not so sure. Most cars have been fine with out them since the Benz motor car in 1886, and it didn't have a top either.

It actually is a federally mandated safety device.
See:
Code of Federal Regulations Title 49 Section 577.111

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It actually is a federally mandated safety device.
See:
Code of Federal Regulations Title 49 Section 577.111
Not saying it's not federally regulated, saying in my opinion it's not needed for a vehicle of that size, and we've been fine without them for over 100 years.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From a personal standpoint, yes, I completely agree with you, but it is federally required, hence why I though Ford might act with haste for this issue.

Also from a personal standpoint, it is literally impossible to back up an empty jet ski trailer with the Bronco soft top down without a backup camera, haha.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From a personal standpoint, yes, I completely agree with you, but it is federally required, hence why I though Ford might act with haste for this issue.

Also from a personal standpoint, it is literally impossible to back up an empty jet ski trailer with the Bronco soft top down without a backup camera, haha.
cant argue with that.

Kim_Rn

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after a 574 day wait, I picked up my bronco on 3/19 (Saturday), drove it back to the from the dealership that day, and then the next morning drove across down to grab some breakfast (Kolaches!). When getting back in the Bronco, the 8" screen was black, and would occasionally try to boot, but freeze up. I obviously tried the hard reset (hold volume/power and forward scan buttons down together for 10 seconds) and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes to no avail. I called my dealership that monday (3/21), and they were able to diagnose it that Thursday (3/24) as a sync4 module failure, and they have to order a new sync4 module. While I do have a Ford case worker on the issue and appreciate that they called me on Saturday to keep me informed they're still on it, I still don't have an update on when the sync4 module will arrive at the dealer and when I can get this fixed. I figured it would be put on a somewhat high priority as it's a safety issue with no backup camera on a vehicle that really needs it nevertheless a government mandated feature sold on every vehicle since 2018, let alone not have any music or be able to see interior temperature/fan settings.

Anyone else have to get a new sync4 module? How long did it take for Ford to ship it to the dealership and finally get it fixed? Thanks in advance!
Took delivery of mine 2/7. Module died 2/25. Took into dealership on 3/1, supposedly part was ordered- it wasn’t. Took back in 3/16 and supposedly ordered- again, hasn’t come in. Dealership is now saying I have to call Ford & open up a case with them, because they won’t ship them the module. So now I’ve been about 6 weeks without a radio and screen on a vehicle I had only a few weeks. To say I’m disappointed in this is an understatement…. Especially since delivery was also a nightmare with having 3 different delivery windows. I consider myself having patience, but I’m about to lose my mind….

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took delivery of mine 2/7. Module died 2/25. Took into dealership on 3/1, supposedly part was ordered- it wasn’t. Took back in 3/16 and supposedly ordered- again, hasn’t come in. Dealership is now saying I have to call Ford & open up a case with them, because they won’t ship them the module. So now I’ve been about 6 weeks without a radio and screen on a vehicle I had only a few weeks. To say I’m disappointed in this is an understatement…. Especially since delivery was also a nightmare with having 3 different delivery windows. I consider myself having patience, but I’m about to lose my mind….
Oof, sorry to hear that! I guess I should feel lucky I at least have a Ford case worker updating me every few days and my issue is still active. Not that I hear any good news from her, its just a call from a 800 number letting me know they're still on it and still don't have an update on module delivery... bad news all around.

Well let me know if your module ever gets fixed and I will do the same 🤞.

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just letting you know the dealership texted me today and said the module came in today and I’m going in tomorrow to get it replaced. At the minimum they’re already shipping them out so hopefully your replacement sync4 module will be here soon!! 🤞🏻

Sponsored

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picked up Jan 29. Screen died 3/31. Took in 4/1. Dealer said Ford was going to overnight the module and it would be ready on Monday 4/4. Delivery came in but the part was wrong. They notified Ford and it's magically on back order with an estimated delivery of a week (so hopefully here by 4/11 but the service manager wasn't optimistic). Said they have it all apart and would rather leave it that way until the part comes in, so I'm in a loaner.

Black Diamond, mid package if that helps.

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yep bd mid here as well, I wonder if that's just a coincidence or an issue with the bd mid package. I dropped mine off at the dealer mid afternoon yesterday as they got the module in Wednesday and it's still there...

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

not having a backup camera is really not a safety issue, you have mirrors. People have driven for generations with out backup cameras. Now not having any music, that's a problem.

Kim_Rn

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just letting you know the dealership texted me today and said the module came in today and I’m going in tomorrow to get it replaced. At the minimum they’re already shipping them out so hopefully your replacement sync4 module will be here soon!! 🤞🏻
Still a no for me….. it’s been out since 2/25 😑

drscott2u

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up Jan 29. Screen died 3/31. Took in 4/1. Dealer said Ford was going to overnight the module and it would be ready on Monday 4/4. Delivery came in but the part was wrong. They notified Ford and it's magically on back order with an estimated delivery of a week (so hopefully here by 4/11 but the service manager wasn't optimistic). Said they have it all apart and would rather leave it that way until the part comes in, so I'm in a loaner.

Black Diamond, mid package if that helps.
Just got Same report on bad module causing the panel cluster outage. Stay tuned 😩
Sponsored