Sponsored

For those w/ Sync4 Module Failure, how long till replacement module arrived/fixed?

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

called the dealership and the service manager told me that they have a couple more now with the same issue and Ford just isnt sending the part. when they do, theres a software patch that needs to go along with it that is also causing issues.

earliest estimated ship date is next monday, 5/2.

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

called the dealership and the service manager told me that they have a couple more now with the same issue and Ford just isnt sending the part. when they do, theres a software patch that needs to go along with it that is also causing issues.

earliest estimated ship date is next monday, 5/2.
Just heads up, when mine was replaced on 4/7, they said the new module failed to install, and left it in there and were sending me yet another replacement module.

Lo and behold, a little over a week later it starting working normally on a road trip over Easter weekend, and has been perfect since (fingers crossed!!). My only guess is Ford did some sort of automatic software update for the new module and it took a while to download/install 🤷‍♂️? I guess I don't need another module.

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update: called dealership today (week 5) and the service rep was with another customer. nice lady on the phone looked at my account and told me there are two parts on order. one supposedly arriving on 5/20 and the other backordered with no ETA.

@Ford Motor Company im not a fan of tagging your account for help but im about to be four months into ownership and it will have been in the shop for two of them. whats happening here?

drscott2u

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mine is still waiting for the part. will be four weeks this friday.
Update: new module and wiring harness still panel cluster ( apply named) not working. Ford sending a whole new panel cluster . Love my demo explorer I waited 20
Months for.😩 stayed tuned

Sponsored

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

update: it has officially been two months since i dropped off the bronco. apim is still marked with no ETA. talked to the service manager yesterday afternoon and he gave me a customer support number to call. talked to them for about 20m and they basically said there was nothing they could do either.

so im stuck waiting for a part that doesnt seem to exist for a vehicle that has already been sold.

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Four months 8/1, still no ETA on APIM and/or programming. My bronco has been sitting on the dealer lot for twice as long as it was in my driveway. No one has any answers.

Been talking with a customer service manager who has my case #, but it seems like she gets the run around from within the Ford system as well. This is crazy

dahoneybadga

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badlands, 22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Four months 8/1, still no ETA on APIM and/or programming. My bronco has been sitting on the dealer lot for twice as long as it was in my driveway. No one has any answers.

Been talking with a customer service manager who has my case #, but it seems like she gets the run around from within the Ford system as well. This is crazy
Are you still waiting? I'm on month 3 and still no answers. Really really frustrated. Selling it as soon as this is replaced.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you still waiting? I'm on month 3 and still no answers. Really really frustrated. Selling it as soon as this is replaced.
Only 2 months here, so I bow in sympathy to my APIM elders. 😞

Sponsored
OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My APIM was replaced almost three weeks ago, and I'm happy to report has been working flawlessly since! I first reported this issue on 3/22/22, only 3 days after I took delivery, so yes it was about a 5 month wait, which is completely ridiculous when they're able to pump out high volume Bronco's now.

I had it in my possession the entire time except for two half days at the dealership. I don't know what bunk-ass dealers y'all have that require it to stay on their lot and you can't drive it - that's ridiculous. My dealership simply called/texted me when the APIM came in and made the first appointment available the following week. If you're in the Austin area, stay far away from Covert, as that's their stupid policy (and the shitty dealership that never responded after calling 3 times when I tried to place my initial order before 3/19/21). Johnson Sewell in Marble Falls is more than worth the drive!

Last edited:

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My APIM was replaced almost three weeks ago, and I'm happy to report has been working flawlessly since! I first reported this issue on 3/22/22, only 3 days after I took delivery, so yes it was about a 5 month wait, which is completely ridiculous when they're able to pump out high volume Bronco's now.

I had it in my possession the entire time except for two half days at the dealership. I don't know what bunk-ass dealers y'all have that require it to stay on their lot and you can't drive it - that's ridiculous. My dealership simply called/texted me when the APIM came in and made the first appointment available the following week. If you're in the Austin area, stay far away from Covert, as that's their stupid policy (and the shitty dealership that never responded after calling 3 times when I tried to place my initial order before 3/19/21). Johnson Sewell in Marble Falls is more than worth the drive!
This Friday will be 4 weeks for me. Glad you got your APIM. So i am assuming then that it is NOT on backorder??? I'm going between Ford Customer Service and my dealer and nobody knows anything. It's been escalated twice with no answers.

Last edited:

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i dropped mine off on 4/1, just passed my 5mo mark. i stopped hoping for new info a long time ago but im heading to the dealer thursday morning to visit with the service manager and get it back on the road. he made it seem like it could cause problems, but several of yall confirmed that its perfectly drivable. i want it back.

dahoneybadga

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badlands, 22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i dropped mine off on 4/1, just passed my 5mo mark. i stopped hoping for new info a long time ago but im heading to the dealer thursday morning to visit with the service manager and get it back on the road. he made it seem like it could cause problems, but several of yall confirmed that its perfectly drivable. i want it back.
yeah it’s totally drivable. Mine went out end of May and have been daily driving it. It works fine just super annoying. No way I was leaving it for months at a dealership.
Sponsored