Sponsored

Ford 10R80 and 10R60 10 speed automatic transmissions, lots of bad press?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a fan of the 10-speed.

Way more gears than it needs, and Ford's shifting logic is suspect, with the tranny always trying to find higher gears than it ought to. Wife has the 10-speed in her F-150. I liked the 6R60 in her Expy a lot better.

Fortunately I won't have to deal with it if Ford ever bothers to build mine.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, wish I knew ya before then....what did you do with the transmission and shifter assy?
Scrapped it. The transmission puked fluid all over the driveway and finally gave me the excuse to convert to a manual. BTW, this was also like 15 years ago...

Deleted member 19381

Scrapped it. The transmission puked fluid all over the driveway and finally gave me the excuse to convert to a manual. BTW, this was also like 15 years ago...
I had hoped you did what I would have done with the shifter assy...I understand getting rid of the transmission, but that shifter would have been boxed up and put on a shelf in case some fellow enthusiast forum reader who also likes Broncos AND Foxbody Mustangs 15 years later may want it....hell, I'd send it to him for free just to get that part in action again....lol

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless your vehicle has an Allison transmission, you're probably gonna find tons of articles about how bad the transmissions are.

As long as it's more reliable than a Chrysler 46RE or Jatco CVT, I'm happy. Transmissions are practically wear components in every car made in the last 30 years.
Sponsored