Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It hurts no customers besides those Thant want to buy from a dealer at adm. it cuts new allocations not allocations already given.
I am under the impression the allocations are "given" each month. So any remaining reservation holders at that dealer would see an additional delay.
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I remember way back when….the original name match policy was 80%, then Ford put out a memo to dealerships stating they were tired of dealership shenanigans and inexplicably reduced the name match percentage from 80% to 70%. That was hilarious.
Be that as it may, won’t the reduction in dealership allocation if the penalty is enforced penalize the reservation/order holder as well as the dealership?
I guess this will also mean that when a customer cancels an unbuilt order/reservation then it would behoove the dealership to actually cancel the order rather than doing a happy dance, retaining the order and planning on a big ADM payday.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
They've also asked that if we know a built unit has been abandoned, we get in touch with our rep to get it redirected. I don't know exactly that means but assume it's going elsewhere.
There seems to be many simple solutions to this whole reservation madness, and this is one of them. The reservation holder should be able the cancel the reservation at Ford.....or the dealer. The buyer should be able to get a price agreement from the dealer, before Ford ships.....if the dealer tacks on surprise ADM, the dealer never receives the customer ordered Bronco. It would cut down on the "abandoned" orders by 95%

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will just translate to non-refundable dealer required deposits, WHICH I WOULD LOVE! I'm willing to bet 33% of these bronco orders are duplicate orders trying to game the allocation system. (I'm guilty, I have 2 orders, one as a early reservation that I still don't have, and another from January this year, both of which I didn't cancel when I bought one ADM off the lot because there's no incentive to and I'm hoping I can convert into a Raptor). Chevy made a STEP in the right direction with the Silverado EV. It's a $100 refundable deposit, but once it comes order time and you decide to place your order that $100 deposit is no longer refundable. That should help slightly, now imagine that was $500 non-refundable. I think that would help tremendously.
I agree 100% and have felt we should have had a $500-1000 NON REFUNDABLE deposit along with signed price agreement by both parties at time of order the entire time. We have seen countless jackasses place an order at 3,4 and 5 dealers for the same vehicle to see which gets scheduled first all the while screwing other order holders.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Dealers when they heard about the latest name matching order crackdown from their FMC Zone Rep…….

94155594-2463-4D9E-95C0-8571DFBC9AF8.jpeg

Imgroot

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, just found out Ice Mountain Broncos are pushed to August now. And Ford wants to go to mostly orders for the future. Lmfao. I’m done with this company and will be going to get my deposit back. No way I’m paying for a new vehicle I ordered that’s been sitting for 8 or more months. DONE!!!

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stopped in at my dealer yesterday to ask about registering my Lightning in the company name rather than personal, they cited this policy and said no can do because they’d be penalized. They told me I’d have to abandon my order and pay the fair market value (ADM) to buy it in the company name. Guess I’ll just buy it personally and figure it out.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll put my .02 in. The article didn't quite articulate the penalties which are much stricter that it lets on. Not going to type them all out but if a dealer doesn't take it seriously, strike 3 kicks them out of the ordering process completely. Now, will Ford have the will or legal standing to enforce? That's a different question.

It hurts lower volume dealers like mine especially for Lincoln. Lady placed an order, vehicle got built, lady died. Doesn't matter, still counts against us. Another customer ordered a replacement, got a VIN, had a wreck and couldn't wait for vehicle to come in and had to buy something else. Tough. Won't win on appeal on either of these.

Our bronco name match so far is 100% but we just had a lady bail for no specific reason. We offered to another customer who's currently waiting from the original order group who said she'll take. If she does, the deal is her order (no VIN assigned yet) gets cancelled so everyone else on the list can move up. Looking at it, this would be a wash, still knocked out an old order, right? Nope, going to count against us. The guys gaming the system have basically screwed everyone else trying to do the right thing. Having 3 out of 10 name match violations is a bigger deal than 30 out of 200 but the penalty is the same. Not saying rules aren't needed right now but there needs to be some common sense applied to the appeals process.
Phil, did you actually use those two words? Common sense isn't so common anymore. Good luck brother. I know you, and your dealership have been trying to do the right thing all along. Hopefully Ford will do the right thing by you, and the other dealers that are trying hard.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They've also asked that if we know a built unit has been abandoned, we get in touch with our rep to get it redirected. I don't know exactly that means but assume it's going elsewhere.
I wonder if this explains those few folks who say they never got notice that they'd been selected for a build but all of a sudden their Bronco was on it's way. Maybe it was a matching build somewhere else that got redirected?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs