Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!
I called the Bronco Support Team 800-334-4375 today. Waited 35 minutes on hold to speak to someone who was obviously at home dealing with loud cranky kids. She suggested I could find what I'm looking for on the Ford website. I was calling because I can't find an answer there. Then she told me to call my dealer. Thanks a lot for nothing. Then I contacted Ford by chat. They weren't particularly helpful. They told me to go talk to my dealer, but the reason I'm reaching out to Ford is cuz my dealer isn't very helpful. I'm looking for info about the manual vs automatic transmissions because I might want to change my order.
Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford isn't Amazon

They want you to ask your dealer for info
Iā€™m definitely not a fan boy but to be fair, when you call or use the chat you are basically dealing with someone who has computer access to their system(s). I havenā€™t been able to get much more out of them than what they can see on their screens- except the time the woman told me I absolutely should not have been code 99 as my dealer was telling me. She said there was nothing wrong with my build and he had to go in and change it. She couldnā€™t (wouldnā€™t). The dealer was lying and saying it was on Fordā€™s end until I went in in person and told him I had just gotten off the phone with them and they said you need to change it.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m definitely not a fan boy but to be fair, when you call or use the chat you are basically dealing with someone who has computer access to their system(s). I havenā€™t been able to get much more out of them than what they can see on their screens- except the time the woman told me I absolutely should not have been code 99 as my dealer was telling me. She said there was nothing wrong with my build and he had to go in and change it. She couldnā€™t (wouldnā€™t). The dealer was lying and saying it was on Fordā€™s end until I went in in person and told him I had just gotten off the phone with them and they said you need to change it.
It's good to have them, but im saying you're never going to get the same level of customer service people expect from other well established customer service providers. Ford is the manufacturer, the service provider is the dealer.

Not to mention all the issues you have with call centers. Yes, there is one at my work. You either get a good person or a new person, which there are a lot due to turn over.

Then you deal with call volume, which is high, that's why they are throwing all the bodies on to customer service whether they are useful or not. It's usually a scramble to get everything covered.

I'm not excusing anything, just explaining i don't think Ford is up to speed with customer needs and expectations at this time. For evidence, just look at the bronco guage cluster...

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company...

I had a call from Ford's executive office the other day, and not only did she start off by congratulating me on my Ford Bronco Sport order, but also quoted the wrong dealership too. The conversation was a completely unhelpful, and this was their "executive office" calling me...

Be thankful you hung up.
Executive Office Secretary.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Executive Office Secretary.
Yes, you are correct. Essentially the moat protecting the executives from the real feedbackā€¦

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called the Bronco Support Team 800-334-4375 today. Waited 35 minutes on hold to speak to someone who was obviously at home dealing with loud cranky kids. She suggested I could find what I'm looking for on the Ford website. I was calling because I can't find an answer there. Then she told me to call my dealer. Thanks a lot for nothing. Then I contacted Ford by chat. They weren't particularly helpful. They told me to go talk to my dealer, but the reason I'm reaching out to Ford is cuz my dealer isn't very helpful. I'm looking for info about the manual vs automatic transmissions because I might want to change my order.
You would be asking people who probably don't know that answer. The people here at this forum most likely know more about the Bronco than anyone you would reach at Ford and most people at the dealership. I would bet that we here at this forum know more about the Bronco than anyone in Ford except the people tasked to design and build the Bronco, so ask away...

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford calls it ā€œCustomer Serviceā€. The customers call it ā€œA waste of timeā€.

8 weeks ago I requested a dealer change. They said 3-5 days. Still waiting. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ford has no reason to answer our questions. They already have more orders than they can build. Why would they concern themselves with our questions?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has no reason to answer our questions. They already have more orders than they can build. Why would they concern themselves with our questions?
Because long term, customers will remember this. I bet quite a few think twice about a Ford in the future, solely based off this experience.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, you are correct. Essentially the moat protecting the executives from the real feedbackā€¦
I tried valiantly to propose and establish a feedback process where Customers could provide rapid end-user info about repetitive Safety, Manf., and Quality issues (ref the OCD Checklist) back to the Ford Bronco and Customer Experience Teams. Three phone calls, three e-mails later, the end result was for each of us to 1) contact the Dealer and 2) contact the Customer Relationships Center at 1-800-393-3673.

Teflon.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford isn't Amazon

They want you to ask your dealer for info
Like a lot of our current supply chain problemsā€¦..maybe I should try ordering my Bronco thru Amazon? It might show up on my door step by 8pm tonightšŸ˜œ. Yeahā€¦.it might get kicked off the truck and be upside downā€¦..but at least it will be in my driveway!
Sponsored