First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
My father purchased many new vehicles from various dealerships over the years, in fact his salesmen would call him when a damaged vehicle came in. At that time he would get a huge discount due to the damage, however I could never tell any of these vehicles had ever been damaged. He was happy with these vehicles and never had any problems from the damages or repairs. My father was super anal as well with the look and finish of all of his vehicles. I would inspect the vehicle after repairs in both daylight and nightfall, if you are happy with the finish then buy it. You've waited this long and there will always be a story to tell attached to the vehicle. May be the best Bronco you'll ever own.
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is that no water damage occurred, as the letter specifically states that no windshields were removed. I'd recommend checking very closely for door window glass under the seats, etc., but chances are they probably didn't break either.

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My father purchased many new vehicles from various dealerships over the years, in fact his salesmen would call him when a damaged vehicle came in. At that time he would get a huge discount due to the damage, however I could never tell any of these vehicles had ever been damaged. He was happy with these vehicles and never had any problems from the damages or repairs. My father was super anal as well with the look and finish of all of his vehicles. I would inspect the vehicle after repairs in both daylight and nightfall, if you are happy with the finish then buy it. You've waited this long and there will always be a story to tell attached to the vehicle. May be the best Bronco you'll ever own.
key word here is that your father got a "huge discount" , not the case here

Prew

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wasn't trying to upset you with the "huge discount" comment. It was a different market back then. We have one of those forms in Missouri and my father signed one everytime. At least you have 2 options, buy it or order another one. I am however perplexed Ford wouldn't price protect you for another unit.

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Buying this one and being happy; or buying and putting in a new order when you can, then trading in/reselling this one when the time comes would be my course.
☝ ☝ ☝ This sounds like a fantastic idea @djp.
I did KBB on my BD that has 6500 miles on it and it shows a value that is $13,000 more than I paid for it. I have seen other posts that have NADA book values high as well.

Prew

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would your dealer possibly price protect you in writing? Just a thought.

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

☝ ☝ ☝ This sounds like a fantastic idea @djp.
I did KBB on my BD that has 6500 miles on it and it shows a value that is $13,000 more than I paid for it. I have seen other posts that have NADA book values high as well.
The title will be notated as having previous damage. This is the form i must sign.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's not how that works at all, it's a brand new vehicle and no title currently as far as CarFax is concerned its a ghost right now. Once sold it will have a clean title and no record other than what Ford has of the delivery damage.

I work in truck upfitting. The numbers of vehicles that get damaged in transit is MUCH higher than most would think. I currently have a job held up because the F-350 chassis had its roof crushed on the transporter. It's been in the body shop since May waiting on parts. Soon as it's fixed it will be sold as new to the customer and issued a clean title.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is tricky. Damage shouldn't show as Russ said because it hasn't been titled yet so if the title is clean, there's no diminished value. I think a lot of folks would be upset if they knew how many vehicles have damage before coming off the assembly line. In a lot of cases the dealer and customer never know what the extent of damage is but sometimes we can see evidence of a repaint or fasteners with broken paint indicating a part or panel was removed post installation.

I hate to tell the OP which direction to go because it's already known and can't be forgotten. If it was me and the repairs were done well (little to no evidence of molestation) and there were assurances the previous damages weren't going to show up on a carfox/autocheck report, I'd take delivery and call it good. Dealer doesn't have any financial remedy tools to compensate the OP with and honestly, it's not their fault. Ford already laid out what they're willing to do which is pretty much the final word. Maybe you could get them to throw in a premium care ESP with glass and paint coverage so no harm in asking. Justification could be made for this because I assume some painted panels were replaced and painted outside of the factory controlled environment and may be of lesser quality. That might be stretching it but if that's the difference between Ford having to haul it somewhere else to dispose of, it might be worth it.

Bottom line, if it were me, I'd take it.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy it and if you aren't happy with it then sell it. I'm having a hard time figuring out why this is difficult decision. You're not going to take any loss on it at all.
Sponsored