Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would wait until it comes in, gets PDI'd, and do a very thorough inspection. I'd do this with any new car. If it looks acceptable, I would take delivery. In my state, if this happened, I doubt I would ever find out about it.
There are legal ramifications if they found out which is why just "accepting" it is not right. Also, it varies state by state.

Why not correct the issue at the source (by Ford) instead of playing Russian roulette with its customers.
Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The main problem is the damage waiver and what it says:

With the certificate of title showing prior damage it is up to the state to determine the type of title and notation that the vehicle will get. The outcome is unknown at this point and I am doing my due diligence to find out.

It is interesting reading my own thread here as it seems there are 3 camps:

"take it and sell it" - but the title situation is unknown and why would i sell something then wait 2 more years ?

"take it" - but the title situation is unknown, and what else happened to vehicle that is not disclosed or unknown

"wow, ford is screwing you" - yes, i'd have to wait 2 more years and loose my day-1 reservation status and loose my ~$2775 current price protection
If you have a clean MSO and application for a new vehicle title in your home state, I'm unsure how it could be branded.

Lots of states do not even repeat branded titles when retitled in their states.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a clean MSO and application for a new vehicle title in your home state, I'm unsure how it could be branded.

Lots of states do not even repeat branded titles when retitled in their states.
Not anymore...it's impossible nowadays to "rinse" titles by titling in a different state. That loophole has been closed for many years now. Don't wana say how I know!

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not anymore...it's impossible nowadays to "rinse" titles by titling in a different state. That loophole has been closed for many years now. Don't wana say how I know!
Correct, as there is now a National Motor Vehicles Titles Information System (NMVTIS) "navtis" they call it.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm wondering what this checkbox in section 1 will do to the title, as that is the checkbox that the dealership requires.
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 6.06.34 AM.png
Yeah, no way I'm signing that. Damn...

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called around local PDR shops in Omaha, where the hail storm hit, they all said the typical 4-door Jeep Wrangler hard top they are seeing are coming in at 3000-3500 in damages. So I'm still wondering what cost 7500 on the Bronco when there was no stated glass damage?

Should Ford be offering me something to cover any future issues? If so what ?

I just dont want to be surprised a few years down the road when the trim liner falls off or some trim piece comes loose because a clip was broken when the PDR was completed. I'm sure body work can get quite expensive when they have to replace full pieces.
Sponsored