Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel like there is going to be some small sacrifice no matter what, so I might aleast have fun with it right? Lol
The quality/fun/capabilities of the vehicle outweighs the need to pack every little thing on the handful of trips we would need more space than we have.
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like there is going to be some small sacrifice no matter what, so I might aleast have fun with it right? Lol
This is always true! Trade-offs are what car-shopping is about. I've yet to find the vehicle that hits every one of my desires, though most hit my needs (do they get me from A to B safely?).

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The quality/fun/capabilities of the vehicle outweighs the need to pack every little thing on the handful of trips we would need more space than we have.
Yep, that is exactly how we have been feeling.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
What are your thoughts on the 4door Bronco as a primary family vehicle? (2 adults/2 children & dogs). How versatile do you think this platform can be long term for regular driving included in the mix, and not just sport utility. I am specifically considering the Outer Banks with the 2.7.

My husband and I are car-nuts, have spent most of our adult life working on/modifying cars. Normally I have a compact sport/ā€œfunā€ car and a boring family cruiser. I sold my fun car and am looking to combine the purposes.

I am specifically looking for something fun/enjoyable and I need it to have some get up and go. Doesnā€™t have to be fast, but something where you can feel the torque and have an enjoyable drive. I donā€™t need fuel efficiency - I average about 7k miles a year. I like the idea of roof/doors removed and off-road capability as I think we could enjoy some family adventures at some point, even if we donā€™t utilize the Bronco consistently the same way a lot of people will. Iā€™m also in no rush - as I have a perfectly acceptable, albeit boring, vehicle (a van) while I wait. I have realized the sacrifice in fun is not worth the 3rd row/extra space I rarely use. As long as I have room for some luggage for the occasional trip & my Doberman, in the back of an SUV I will be happy space wise.

So I guess Iā€™m posting since you all know the platform better than I do at this point (I started considering it only about a week ago after gaining interest in a Wrangler - but some questionable safety, particularly for rear sear occupants aka my children steered me towards the Bronco instead. Also - the engine. The Stinger has me hooked on another twin turbo V6 power-plant, so I am loving that option). Just want to make sure we are not crazy for considering this as our ā€œprimaryā€ family vehicle. We do also own a Stinger GT which is a 4 door sedan, so itā€™s not as if we donā€™t have any other useful vehicle. I feel the Bronco has so much more potential than your average car and seems to meet the points Iā€™m looking for. Fun, utility and safety given the results on the Bronco Sport I feel the Big Bronco should have good results as well. Seems to hold a lot of possibilities.. so we are considering putting in a reservation and potentially an order quite soon, pending our dealers donā€™t have incredible markup over MSRP to begin the process.

Thanks in advance! I apologize if this has been covered to any degree, I did search and didnā€™t see anything.
We have two daughters (3 and 5) and this will be our only car. One car family. I've owned four Wranglers (two 4 doors), so I know/understand the 4Dr Bronco will work great for us. We are getting the larger 2.7L engine for the extra kick. We are also getting Sasquatch. This won't be as good on the highway as the Outer Banks you're considering, but I want to experience life with 35" tires for a while.

We plan to do occasional road trips from Miami to New England. While we are up in Vermont and New Hampshire we'll do a bit of off-road adventure on mountain roads, maybe by mountain lakes or streams. Can't wait to build family memories for our kids. The plan is to give the Bronco to one of them when they're older.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jessica, owning a Jeep JL now I can say that I'm sure the Bronco with the independent front suspension will make a better family vehicle. The Jeep drives like a solid front axle vehicle, and if you haven't driven one of those in a while I suggest you do. You will understand what I mean. It's not bad, but it isn't your fathers Ford Fusion. IMHO I think the Bronco will have better road manners to make it a better daily driver also. You've got time, so take a Jeep out for a little test drive to help you with your decision.

With all that said we do enjoy our Jeep. We have taken it on a cross country road trip (just the wife, and I), and it was quite comfortable over the 5K+ miles. It was also quite fun to see a dirt or old back road, and just turn down it for another adventure. I fully expect us to enjoy our Bronco in the same manner.

Last edited:

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Sounds like you need a Bronco Minivan.

OP
OP
Jazer

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have two daughters (3 and 5) and this will be our only car. One car family. I've owned four Wranglers (two 4 doors), so I know/understand the 4Dr Bronco will work great for us. We are getting the larger 2.7L engine for the extra kick. We are also getting Sasquatch. This won't be as good on the highway as the Outer Banks you're considering, but I want to experience life with 35" tires for a while.

We plan to do occasional road trips from Miami to New England. While we are up in Vermont and New Hampshire we'll do a bit of off-road adventure on mountain roads, maybe by mountain lakes or streams. Can't wait to build family memories for our kids. The plan is to give the Bronco to one of them when they're older.
Mine are currently 8 & 3 so no longer need the bigger spacing in the 2nd row that you need with a rear facing car seat. My husband and I have been talking a lot and he keeps reminding me that I have talked about getting ATVs on so many occasions- having this will give us so much more versatility of a vehicle that you just canā€™t get with normal street cars. You nailed it too- the ability to make fun memories for the kids is expanded. My kids saw that you could take the roof/doors off and were like OMG THAT IS AMAZING. Now, I wonā€™t purchase a vehicle because my kids like it - BUTā€¦ā€¦ ;)
Sponsored