Sponsored

Who uses their Bronco as a family vehicle?

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am almost 5’7, and my husband is about 5’10 luckily we are average height and never run into space issues with vehicles because we dont need extra leg room!
Than you'll be golden with the car seats 👍👍👍
Sponsored

Last edited:

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Strollers are a whole different beast. The cargo enclosure for security has made that part harder.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m surprised “Team 2-door” hasn’t busted into this thread yet, to shame us all for having the audacity to use the Bronco as a family wagon. It’ll happen soon enough…

We have a couple of 12-year-olds, and the Bronco is awesome. Even if they were still in car seats, it would have been fine. As babies? Mmmm… not so much, maybe. But they’re twins, so we needed two of everything whenever we went somewhere, so cargo room would have been a stretch.

Hopefully, @Laurensimms7 you have a hard top with roof rails? Having a rooftop carrier would be a huge help if you have young kids traveling in a Bronco… 🤞

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is great! Thanks for the thread cuz my wife and I were wondering the same thing for when mine gets here. Mostly so we can decide to buy another set of car seats to save some time for me when switching them out whenever I decide to take the bronco vs the SD.

I'm 6' and taking the Accord I'm just comfortable enough to drive.

Anybody have rear facing Graco seats by chance?

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m surprised “Team 2-door” hasn’t busted into this thread yet, to shame us all for having the audacity to use the Bronco as a family wagon. It’ll happen soon enough…

We have a couple of 12-year-olds, and the Bronco is awesome. Even if they were still in car seats, it would have been fine. As babies? Mmmm… not so much, maybe. But they’re twins, so we needed two of everything whenever we went somewhere, so cargo room would have been a stretch.

Hopefully, @Laurensimms7 you have a hard top with roof rails? Having a rooftop carrier would be a huge help if you have young kids traveling in a Bronco… 🤞
My order does have a hard top! We are pretty minimalist, so for the average outing im thinking we should have plenty of room. Trips are another beast, but I guess we will have to see!

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Team 2 door here...I think a 4 door will make a fine family vehicle. I drive my 2 door as a daily driver and love it, so I can at least cover that aspect. My wife loves driving it when she can pull the keys out of my hand. I had to make the transition to a smaller vehicle, so I'd recommend going in with an open mind and be creative on how you haul your family and its stuff.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great! Thanks for the thread cuz my wife and I were wondering the same thing for when mine gets here. Mostly so we can decide to buy another set of car seats to save some time for me when switching them out whenever I decide to take the bronco vs the SD.

Ford Bronco Who uses their Bronco as a family vehicle? 4992BB5F-94B5-4046-83D3-68AE8AB01283
Ford Bronco Who uses their Bronco as a family vehicle? D8C44B2B-0541-425F-9624-60E6C3C577D7

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 4dr OBX Lux 2.3 is my daily driver. It has two car seats in the back and I've been able to fit my niece in the middle seat with the car seats in. Also have a 65lb dog normally in the trunk. I would suggest getting the narrow car seats (I don't have them but would if I bought again).

Mine does daycare drop off and family trips just fine. I also have the hitch cargo basket but haven't used it yet.

The biggest issue I've had was my kids don't like the top down as much as I hoped. Mostly because of sun and cold (hasn't topped 72 here yet) wind when driving. I order a Bimini top and they now have dedicated car glasses so im hoping they are better.

overall my family including my wife wants to drive the bronco over our highlander anytime we go out.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess my 2 door counts as a family vehicle seeing its just me and the dog. Replaced her x3 buggy with the 2 door. Pulled the rear seats out and had a full back bed made for her. Perfect size for 1 plus a dog.

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4-door badlands here. We are a family of 5 (kids 9,7 and 5) and it’s pretty tight in the back with 1 car seat and two boosters. The main issue is kids being able to buckle themselves.
Our other vehicle is a minivan which is 10x better as a family car. The bronco works but it’s not convenient. The kids love the bronco tho and give an audible “aaaaaaawe” when we take the minivan instead of the bronco places 🤣

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a set of twins at just over a year, they fit fine in the 2 door for the most part. We use the superduty for the longer trips that require more luggage but for a day trip its honestly not a hassle and saves gas. Im 6,1 and with a rear facing behind me i still have plenty of space.

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have a 22 month old and my wife is 5’ 2”. This swivel-to-load car seat from City Jogger makes loading significantly easier and it fits rear facing. Having owned wagons and minivans, the bronco isn’t really a substitute but is tolerable. On the plus side, lots of built in white noise on the highway.

C68FE4E9-72F7-4E34-AFB6-AC4631B12156.jpeg

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Family of 4 here. No issues. 4 year old in front facing car seat and 1 year old in rear facing seat.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a set of twins at just over a year, they fit fine in the 2 door for the most part. We use the superduty for the longer trips that require more luggage but for a day trip its honestly not a hassle and saves gas. Im 6,1 and with a rear facing behind me i still have plenty of space.
You're a hardier man than me! 😜
Sponsored