Sponsored

Anyone Treating Their Bronco as a Classic?

cobro92

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They are building way too many of these for them to really retain their value in any meaningful way. It’s also not an overbuilt or over engineered car. They really aren’t rare or special, even with a ‘rare’ spec like the one OP has. In 20 years they will be a dime a dozen just like everything else.
Sponsored

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sure, it might be considered a classic in 25 years.

But as others above have mentioned, you need an audience of eager buyers larger than the supply of remaining Broncos (and the ability to fuel the truck) to make it valuable.

freebob

Base
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It all depends on how many. If Theres only 300 base Sas 2 dr and 50,000 SAS BL 2 door ..Then the base would be worth alot more...Also color seem to play a factor as well.The ugliest color seems to always be the most rare!

Buckinghorse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. Just put $60,000 in the stock market if that's your goal. You'll come out way ahead with no maintenance or gas or annual taxes (inspection and registration) or insurance.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Meh, as was proven by last years boom and this years buckle of the used car market, I’m not going to hang my hat on what it will be worth at the eventuality that I’ll sell it. I’ll keep my pinstripes of pride as a reminder of the good times I’ve had in it and not worry about how much it’s worth to someone else

Sponsored

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2021 with 3700 on it. I just did a full Kavaca Satin PPF full wrap… it’s my intention to stay low mileage. Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7 Lux.

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm. MSRP of a 1970 Bronco was about $3500. That's roughly $26000 in today's (inflation adjusted dollars). Median price of EB Broncos is mid-50s according to quick Google search, though we've all seen frame off resto's going for over 100k. Even at $100,000, that's an inflation adjusted return of $74,000 over 50+ years. What about the carrying costs (insurance, storage, property taxes, maintenance) of keeping the vehicle? More importantly, what about the imputed value of your time not spent driving and enjoying the vehicle? As a former owner of a half-dozen EBs, I can say one thing that drew me to them was their relative rarity (b/c of their tendency to rust out and low numbers produced ). I'd say today's 6G Bronco is going to be more akin to the Jeep Cherokee (XJ) in terms of its high production numbers and longevity (probably not so much the engine), so I expect to see tons of used ones available for many years to come.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not me, maybe my son. I don't drive mine much due to the gas consumption but love it, will keep it. Right now drive it 3K miles a year. I plan on giving it to my son at some point and he may just keep it forever and it will become an antique. In 35 years from now he will be my age.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rule for investing in collectables, such as art, is buy what you personally like and take good care of it. If it appreciates in value, fine! If not, it's something you own and enjoy. Think Pokemon cards, Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch Kids. Some have investor collection value, but just some. If you buy into a hot trend, you probably missed the real appreciation curve.

A few more thoughts:
"Garage finds" are the video-worthy exceptions.
Art is a market only for very sophisticated buyers/investors. It's also a big money laundering arena.
I have an in-the-box JarJar Binks desk clock. I'll sell it for $5,000 if you message me. Not many around!
Regarding the investment value of my Bronco? For me it's strictly a toy. Beware of Geezer who thinks he's still 25!

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
An investment lol. What a way to live

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do think your configuration will be highly desirable many years from now, but even the best car investments don't measure up. A $2500 Bronco in 1966 might be worth $100k today, but that same money in the stock market could be $500k.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ll treat one like a Raptor, and drive the other like I stole it!

FBDF7968-E2DF-4954-B7FF-B1F890BFE2F0.jpeg

AA168F78-3ED3-4F26-9E35-BEA6F982CC43.jpeg

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think most are missing the OP's point. (Or maybe I did lol) It's not as though he's never going to drive it and keep it garaged with less than 100 miles thinking it's going to be a Dino Ferarri, he just ticked a couple extra boxes thinking at some point sasquatch will be worth more than not sasquatch considering his lower mileage due to not daily driving. Which is probably correct.

In the meantime he gets to enjoy those tick boxes.

Are you gonna get rich? No. Will a low mileage Sas BL be worth something 20 years from now? sure.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. My uncle bought a 66 mustang fresh out of college. His first and only love Lol. This one is mine