First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
This makes me sick. They will send you a picture of the memo but not the vehicle. That's just shi**y. Then they want you to roll the dice with 50K on the line. This is the exact problem with this whole Bronco thing is that you feel like Ford and the dealers are playing games. Its easy to be transparent and honest. Ford needs some reps that can handle problems.
Sponsored

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The main problem is the damage waiver and what it says:
"I have knowledge that the current motor vehicle certificate of title shows that there was prior damage to the motor vehicle"
With the certificate of title showing prior damage it is up to the state to determine the type of title and notation that the vehicle will get. The outcome is unknown at this point and I am doing my due diligence to find out.

It is interesting reading my own thread here as it seems there are 3 camps:

"take it and sell it" - but the title situation is unknown and why would i sell something then wait 2 more years ?

"take it" - but the title situation is unknown, and what else happened to vehicle that is not disclosed or unknown

"wow, ford is screwing you" - yes, i'd have to wait 2 more years and loose my day-1 reservation status and loose my ~$2775 current price protection

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

With the certificate of title showing prior damage it is up to the state to determine the type of title and notation that the vehicle will get. The outcome is unknown at this point and I am doing my due diligence to find out.

"take it and sell it" - but the title situation is unknown and why would i sell something then wait 2 more years ?

"take it" - but the title situation is unknown, and what else happened to vehicle that is not disclosed or unknown

"wow, ford is screwing you" - yes, i'd have to wait 2 more years and loose my day-1 reservation status and loose my ~$2775 current price protection
I would just walk away and never look at another Ford again if this happened to me. They need to do a priority order. That would be the only right thing to do.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ya I guess I was in the "buy it" camp, but I would want to know SPECIFICALLY if there will be ANY brands on the title...that's a real game changer for me. Cosmetics I think I could live with as this is meant to be a "rugged" type vehicle, and a few imperfections seem silly to worry about. It sounds to me like you are not being given 100% clear information...simple yes or no question...will there be ANY brands on the title?

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may be over-thinking this. The vehicle was repaired via a Ford authorized company for hail damage suffered in a holding yard. Said vehicle is finally at dealer. There really is no need for pictures from Ford, as you can go inspect the vehicle in person. In the pictures you posted, I dont see any type of "damage waiver" or release of liability on Fords part. It is still a new vehicle that has not been titled. It will still have the full warranty. It wont be a salvage title, it was not rebuilt, and it was not in a flood. $7500 is not more than 50% of vehicle value. The Damage Disclosure Statement is only required if repair cost exceeds 50% of it's fair market value (according to the picture you provided). I think it really just comes down to you deciding if you want a vehicle that has repaired body panels or not. Perhaps your dealer is trying to get you to sign something to remove their liability, even though they have none in any of this. If it were me, I would inspect it really well, in the bright daylight, and make a decision from there. If it looks new, it wont for very long if I were to use it as it was intended.
Of course, thats just my $.02

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would put the VIN in CarFax and see what comes back. I often check on used cars this way and many people do now. If the damage is noted there it will at some point diminish the value of the vehicle. I would like to say I can't believe Ford would treat you like this but after seeing the colossal screw up Ford has had with the Bronco reservation system nothing surprises me about Ford customer service any more.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If the dealer has the Bronco on their lot now, what's stopping you from doing an in person inspection at the dealership. I think that would clear up a lot of questions as to buying it or walking away. PDR can do wonders when it comes to fixing body panels--its very probable you wouldn't be able to even tell where the repairs were made. All the other speculations about water intrusion, top damage can only be addressed by looking at the actual vehicle.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd bring this to the State attorney general's office

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
$7500 is not more than 50% of vehicle value. The Damage Disclosure Statement is only required if repair cost exceeds 50% of it's fair market value (according to the picture you provided)
Under Idaho law, a damage disclosure is required if repaired damage exceeds 6% of a vehicles MSRP. So, no matter who the dealership sells it to, they have to have the disclosure.

Different states, different rules. In Arizona where I live it's only 3%, but replacing glass does not count against the 3%.

As long as the title is not branded, I'd take it, pending inspection in person at the dealership.

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In section 1 of the second picture provided by the OP, it says 50% of it's fair market value. That is the only info I have to go on. So based solely on that information, it seems the dealer does not need to report it to the titling office. Perhaps that is an old disclosure form.

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the dealer has the Bronco on their lot now, what's stopping you from doing an in person inspection at the dealership. I think that would clear up a lot of questions as to buying it or walking away. PDR can do wonders when it comes to fixing body panels--its very probable you wouldn't be able to even tell where the repairs were made. All the other speculations about water intrusion, top damage can only be addressed by looking at the actual vehicle.
1326 miles

OP
OP
djp

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Under Idaho law, a damage disclosure is required if repaired damage exceeds 6% of a vehicles MSRP. So, no matter who the dealership sells it to, they have to have the disclosure.

Different states, different rules. In Arizona where I live it's only 3%, but replacing glass does not count against the 3%.

As long as the title is not branded, I'd take it, pending inspection in person at the dealership.
this is 15%, so what does that mean?

will the title have a notation on it?

will someone be able to search and find there was damage in the future?

what will my insurance company do? will they cover it like new and act like nothing happened? will they de-value replacement cost?

I'm wondering what this checkbox in section 1 will do to the title, as that is the checkbox that the dealership requires.
Ford Bronco Ford damaged vehicle being sold as new Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 6.06.34 AM

Last edited:

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would wait until it comes in, gets PDI'd, and do a very thorough inspection. I'd do this with any new car. If it looks acceptable, I would take delivery. In my state, if this happened, I doubt I would ever find out about it.
Sponsored